New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ? women on the hard water  (Read 11976 times)

Offline goosehonker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ? women on the hard water
« Reply #30 on: Feb 12, 2008, 06:04 PM »
My wife is a maniac when it comes to icefishing!  I had to buy her a sled, tip ups, shanty, heater, etc.  I have to race her to flags now or I don't get to haul in any fish. 

Offline Fishin-Cutie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 12, 2008, 06:10 PM »
I go ice fishing every chance I get....and he's usually ready to leave before I am!

Offline havejigwilltravel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 12, 2008, 06:24 PM »
yeah,i'll fess up.my wife out fished me last time out.she caught the money fish(crappie).she's my fishing partner.if i'm fishing,so is she.

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 12, 2008, 06:34 PM »
the rules are no fishig no hunting no card games for the girlfriend that is for me my time we'll do things together alot but no of three mentioned the dog can go but not her oh sh** here she comes gotta go

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #34 on: Feb 12, 2008, 06:38 PM »
I took my wife icefishing when we first started dating.  She really enjoyed icefishing.  She liked to jig but hated the tip up thing.  That was fine with me because it was 5 extra tip ups for me to run.  She ends up going with me about once or twice a season. 

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Feb 12, 2008, 06:39 PM »
My wife did`nt even like to eat fish until Whatpole comes along with some Alaskan salmon.Then I made the mistake of asking Her to go along  ;D  and after the first time out She wants to go go go ice fishin.end of the month when the license are due we`ll get er one of them too and then She`ll be real official. :roflmao: :clap: :whistle:

"Every hour spent fishing is NOT taken from ones life"Quote from Grant Boyson

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #36 on: Feb 12, 2008, 06:44 PM »
I'd have to say to all the guys who have significant others who like to go with them that we are very lucky indeed. Mine doesn't go all the time but, I do enjoy it when she does go. Just gotta keep her in check so she doesn't outfish me  :) She managed to get a musky before I did  :)
And I'd have to thank her for being my cheerleader during my first surf tournament. With less then a minute to go she urged me to cast one more time. Managed to get another fish and move up in the standings.
And to all the significant others who go with us guys, thanks.
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline hoythunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 12, 2008, 08:10 PM »
id have to agree with scavengerj but u also have to thank all those who dont go and let us spend hours if not days away from home weather it be huntin or fishin, and nt make a fuss  i say thank you to all the woman!

Offline Red

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Julie
« Reply #38 on: Feb 12, 2008, 08:40 PM »
My girlfriend loves to fish and hunt.  I met her on iceshanty ;D

He's outfishing me so far this year but I outhunted him this past fall!

I love doing it all!  I'm a lucky lady in that he doesn't mind me coming along all the time!  I'd be out all the time if I could but work gets in the way!!! 

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Feb 13, 2008, 04:25 AM »
Walt, that was harsh and very funny. Could'nt get my wife on the ice to save my life. Says she had enough of it as a kid. Maybe just as well. Getting under her feet on weekends is how I wound up the ice years ago. I think she appreciates my getting out of the house. Unless ive had too good a time. That a wife cannot abide.   

Offline sinkergurl

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing makes me happy
« Reply #40 on: Feb 13, 2008, 06:22 AM »
For those who believe fishing is exclusively for men all I can say to them is...You stay on your side of the ice and I will stay on mine.

I am just thankful for the opprotunity to be able to just relax whether I am fishing alone or with the crew.

Fishing is something I happen to love to do.

Happy Fishing!!
FJB

Offline m19712

• IceShanty Rookie
  • BIG GAME HUNTER
« Reply #41 on: Feb 13, 2008, 07:27 AM »
For those who believe fishing is exclusively for men all I can say to them is...You stay on your side of the ice and I will stay on mine.

I am just thankful for the opprotunity to be able to just relax whether I am fishing alone or with the crew.

Fishing is something I happen to love to do.

Happy Fishing!!

well i agree with you.women now a days enjoy the outdoors more.so have a great time on the ice

Offline edddieo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 13, 2008, 08:11 AM »
What are you guys thinking!!! I go out fishing to get away from my wife............
poor guy

Offline elcapitanmas

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • explaining ice fishing is impossible
« Reply #43 on: Feb 13, 2008, 08:54 AM »
I just met my gf a month ago, and have allready shown her the ways of the vex.  She fishes with me when im up north, and shows me how to go about jigging bass.  She loves it and doesnt mind the cold, cause if shes not ice fishing with me, shes snowboarding.

E

Offline LIIceHunters

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Feb 13, 2008, 10:29 AM »
Here's my girl on the ice :)  2 yrs old or so there.  She's 6 now and gonig out with me next week.  My boy's turn this year, at 2 1/2 yrs old.

Offline fish boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Feb 13, 2008, 10:36 AM »
poor guy

I meet guys all the time that are out hunting or fishing just to get away from the wife...makes me shake my head  :blink:

What did ya marry her for?????

there's a solution to that ya know...... its called divorce

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Feb 13, 2008, 10:51 AM »
I'm a single Mom of a 12 yr old son,  We both enjoy the outdoors VERY Much.  I look forward to the different seasons but icefishing is my favorite.  I've been fishing and hunting at least for 25yrs.   Wouldn't change
that for anything or anyone.  Guess thats  the Country Gal in me! ;)
QUIT WISHIN AND LETS GO FISHIN !!!

Offline LIIceHunters

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Feb 13, 2008, 11:05 AM »
Eh, I don't see a problem fishing to get away from the wife.   My wife would have no problem saying she likes to go to the salon or for a few brews to get away from the family either :)  Doesn't mean we're ready for a divorce.  We get along just fine the other 355 days or so of the year.

If she wants to go ice fishing, that's fine too, but she prefers not to, and I do like the time to hang with the guys.  When we started dating (14 years ago!) we spent a lot of time surf fishing - and still do.

-Rob

Offline 1colddude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Feb 13, 2008, 11:16 AM »
Eh, I don't see a problem fishing to get away from the wife.   My wife would have no problem saying she likes to go to the salon or for a few brews to get away from the family either :)  Doesn't mean we're ready for a divorce.  We get along just fine the other 355 days or so of the year.

If she wants to go ice fishing, that's fine too, but she prefers not to, and I do like the time to hang with the guys.  When we started dating (14 years ago!) we spent a lot of time surf fishing - and still do.

-Rob

That's the ticket Rob.
My wife and I have been together for almost 20 years and we still need some free time. She don't like the cold so it give's me time to get rid of all the swear words I hold in around her!!

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Feb 13, 2008, 11:19 AM »

-Rob

I think everyone needs to do their own thing once in awhile or otherwise they'd be alot of people in Divorce Court!

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #50 on: Feb 13, 2008, 11:23 AM »
I don't know if going to the grocery store qualifies as quality away time. More like something that HAS to be done lol The mall, well if the kids need clothes, somebody has to go. She just may be able to grab a few bargins for herself thats all lol
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline fish boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Feb 13, 2008, 11:42 AM »
You sound like a guy who hasnt been married for 20 + yrs yet! Remember abscence makes the heart grow fonder! Just cause a guy gets out of the house to leave a little stress behind doesnt quite mean its divorce time. Beside she doesnt drag me to the mall or grocery store every time so we have a good little deal going.

not 20 but 15yrs and yeah i'm with ya on the alone time.  I'm just sayin i'm goin fishin to go fishin not get away from the wife!  If I wanna get away from the wife I'll go drinkin! I know alot of guys mix the two but not me.  I met a guy once that had been ice fishin for something like 12 yrs and hadn't caught a fish  :woot: and when i inquired why he still went he said to get away from the wife  :wacko:  I sit in a tree stand or on the ice cause its fun not cause being home is not fun.  and the alone time is a bonus that keeps me sane!  Heck if my old lady was that miserable I'd trade her in for a dog! always glad to see you, don't mind if dinner is the same everyday, don't mind if you put your dirty socks on the table...you get my point.  And an old fisherman once told me "Absence makes the heart grow fonder......of someone else!" :clap: :clap: :clap:

T

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Feb 13, 2008, 12:06 PM »
You guys need to give yourselves a pat on the back. Hope your wives know that they have a good catch.

Offline JOASMON

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Slobs anyone?
« Reply #53 on: Feb 13, 2008, 02:08 PM »
She goes out open and hard water. Out fished me last time on the ice. Goes out scouting with me which is peaking her intrest in hunting. Not gonna force the issue. Only thing is, I get I don't take her out enough.
JACK OF ALL SPECIES, MASTER OF NONE!

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Feb 13, 2008, 02:53 PM »
My wife loves ice fishing and would come with me every day unless it is cold, windy, raining, snowing, too warm or too sunny! LOL

She really does enjoy getting out a few times every year as long as we pick the better days.
It is alot of extra work for me though because she loves to do it up with the grill and all sorts of great food and music while we enjoy the day.

My girlfriend would bite me if I ever went without her!

Gary
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #55 on: Feb 13, 2008, 03:32 PM »
Yeah right, wife and ice  ::) (oil and water). Bought her a snowmobile year before last, she wouldn't have anything to do with that either.  
how much for the wife???? :roflmao:
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline BIGFISH

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #56 on: Feb 13, 2008, 03:47 PM »
if i took my wife on the i wish there was big hole some where so i could put her in it  she belongs in the house  :cookoo:   bigfish    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline PERCHKILLER30

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Feb 13, 2008, 04:04 PM »
icewomen so where abouts do you fish always looking for a lady to share my 2 clam 5600s with
case lake tourney 5th in trout 2009- cuba lake 2005 biggest perch harwood lake tourney 2nd in crappie 2010

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Feb 13, 2008, 07:16 PM »
Sorry but I'm up in Maine.....the topic caught my eye so I had to put my 2cents in.

Offline Grady95

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Stay Sharp, Be Safe
« Reply #59 on: Feb 13, 2008, 08:06 PM »
I have asked my wife numerous times if she would like to come with me on the ice.  She does not want to go.  She recognizes that there is something very special about it for me though and tells me she does not mind.  We share what we mutually enjoy, and we respect those attributes which make us unique and different.  BTW, we have been happily married for 28 years!  I have fished at least every weekend of those 28 years.  It can be done.
If your wife/girlfriend doesn't want to go, find something else you both like and do that. (Let's keep a G rating now!)
My wife and I find a lot of things other than ice fishing to do together.  Go catch the fish yourself.  Then, share the cooking of the meal, the wine, share your catch with friends or family.  Have guests come for dinner and cook for them.  There are ways to let your wife enjoy your passion for the outdoors without expecting her to act against her instincts.  My wife knows that I have about the same repulsive aversion to "going shopping" as she has for sitting on a bucket!  We get along just fine!
Stay Sharp, Be Safe
Grady

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.