New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Delta lake  (Read 12416 times)

Offline Drifter315

• IceShanty Rookie
Delta lake
« on: Dec 29, 2014, 09:20 AM »
Was wondering if the fishing any good here and is there any public parking area??
The tug is the drug !!

Offline CabinFever

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Delta lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2014, 11:18 AM »
Sometimes good, sometimes ......         Delta Lake State Park has both a public beach and parking area where you can access the ice.

Offline gubby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2014, 11:20 AM »
There are 2 areas for public parking from the main entrance off 46 depends on where you want to fish. As far as the lake itself it is a good lake overall like must lakes if you find the fish your golden if you don't then you get skunked. The whole lake can produce a lot of different spices of fish. I fished all over that lake and have caught my far share of nice fish some days I'll slam the fish go back the very next day to the same spot and get skunked. If your new to the area and want to try it out start out on the back sets which is to the right once you get in or in front of the beach or beach house those are your best options from there explore the lake. Good luck this year and my your flags stand high and your rods bend.  ;D

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2014, 02:53 PM »
What species are you looking to target?
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline Drifter315

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2014, 10:28 PM »
Ill be goin for whatever biting I never ice fish the place only openwater but didn't do to well
The tug is the drug !!

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2014, 10:40 PM »
Oneida is still king but I fish delta also try the backsets first
It's not that fishing is so important, it's just that so many things in life are so much less important

Offline darkdoug

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • What? ANOTHER wind flag? @!*/ !
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2014, 10:32 AM »
any good for eater perch or panfish? never been there.

Offline Drifter315

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2014, 01:40 PM »
Oneida lake been there never could find the fish lol but open water season I do good
The tug is the drug !!

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2014, 08:01 PM »
Do you use a flasher?
It's not that fishing is so important, it's just that so many things in life are so much less important

Offline gubby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2014, 11:03 PM »
Not sure how the fishing is going to be this year! Drove by delta today and there's still a lot of water coming over the dam and the back sets are flooded. If we get this below freezing temp they say we're getting and there's still all that water to be let out it makes for some scary fishing. Nothing like drilling through the ice and find air between the ice and the water. Couple years ago there was about 6 " of air between the ice and water every time there was a crack in the ice you puckered your cheeks and prayed you didn't go through. Check the ice be for you venture out. Stay safe  :o

Offline Drifter315

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 31, 2014, 05:01 AM »
No flasher I walk around with a hummingbird fishing buddy lol jus for depth but I do mark fish
The tug is the drug !!

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 31, 2014, 02:12 PM »
Not sure how the fishing is going to be this year! Drove by delta today and there's still a lot of water coming over the dam and the back sets are flooded. If we get this below freezing temp they say we're getting and there's still all that water to be let out it makes for some scary fishing. Nothing like drilling through the ice and find air between the ice and the water. Couple years ago there was about 6 " of air between the ice and water every time there was a crack in the ice you puckered your cheeks and prayed you didn't go through. Check the ice be for you venture out. Stay safe  :o
I don't remember there being air between the ice and water at delta im a regular there and usually one of the first on the ice there and never saw that in the past few years

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 31, 2014, 02:13 PM »
No flasher I walk around with a hummingbird fishing buddy lol jus for depth but I do mark fish
you should invest in one best tool on the ice and watch how much easier it is to find the fish

Offline Drifter315

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 31, 2014, 02:15 PM »
I wanna get a flasher but to much even for a used one lol
The tug is the drug !!

Offline Drifter315

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 31, 2014, 02:16 PM »
I have a underwater camera that bought from sum jerk that said it work but it don't so I lost on that
The tug is the drug !!

Offline Drifter315

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 31, 2014, 02:18 PM »
That guy might be lurking around this forum too
The tug is the drug !!

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 31, 2014, 03:05 PM »
Drifter best piece of advice I could give you is stop trying to acheive your goal with multiple cheap used items.
Save your money until you can buy something that will work.  Buying multiple cheap items will cost you more in the long run and accomplish little to nothing.
Check out the marcum showdown troller online.  The 2.0 is $200, but the original version (just lacks zoom) is now $120-$150

Offline Drifter315

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 31, 2014, 04:36 PM »

Thanks I been looking at them showdown for the longest
The tug is the drug !!

Offline Wyatt23

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 31, 2014, 06:36 PM »
How do you like the showdown? I was thinking about buying the showdown 5.6

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Dec 31, 2014, 06:58 PM »
I have a underwater camera that bought from sum jerk that said it work but it don't so I lost on that
Where did you buy that? Didn't you test it?

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
« Reply #20 on: Dec 31, 2014, 07:10 PM »
Been ice fishing delta for a long time never seen it once, and ive seen the lake go up and down through out the course of a season like you wouldnt believe.. All that ever happens is the shore ice collapses... That said, Ive heard this rumor of space between the water and ice a few times, i honestly think its some made up thing... It just seems that its almost impossible out over the open lake,Ice is strong but all its strength comes from being on top of water, and to think that ice could hold its weight away from the water from say the beech out to stokes cove is just crazy, Id have to see it 1st hand to believe it..
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Dec 31, 2014, 07:18 PM »
I  WAS  ON  ICE   IN  FULTON   IN  THE  RIVER  AND  THE  WATER  DROPED   AND  ALL OF A  SUDDEN  THAT  ICE   WENT  DOWN   I NEVER  SEEN  NOTHING  LIKE  THAT  BUT  IT ALL  HAPPEN    RIGHT  AS  THE  WATER  DROPED   SO I  DON'T  THINK  ICE  HAN  BE  ABOVE  THE  WATER  FOR A  BIG  SPAN  THE  WEIGHT  WOULD  BE  TO MUCH ......  I  THINK!

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Dec 31, 2014, 08:21 PM »
I agree that's way too much weight to hold up plus the water is what helps strengthen the ice being boyant.

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Dec 31, 2014, 09:43 PM »
I've been on Hinkley and had it happen. Throughout the course of one day, the lake dropped a foot. There are times where there will be a brief gap, but the ice quickly drops. As stated, it can't hold its own weight for long. Delta however, never seen it. I'm sure what you're seeing, hearing, are pressure cracks from the lake making ice!
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24 on: Dec 31, 2014, 09:48 PM »
that's what  happened  on  the  river  the  water  droped and  within  seconds  the  ice   went  down too  ...was  scary  but  only thing i  seen  is   it  buckled a little  around  the  shore

Offline milkman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Jan 02, 2015, 05:38 AM »
Is there any safe ice on delta yet? Been getting the itch

Offline Capitals8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Jan 05, 2015, 12:30 PM »
Any updates on Delta? or does anybody thats been there to check the ice have an idea of what day would be safe?

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Jan 05, 2015, 01:43 PM »
Check the report/ conditions page. Good video there.
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline JAM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 07, 2015, 12:48 PM »
Delta should be frozen by now, Anyone been over to see it?

Offline HOOTER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GOOD N U
« Reply #29 on: Jan 07, 2015, 12:54 PM »
I am going to take a ride up in a bit. ill post when I get home.
LIFES LONG SHE'LL ADJUST
hard water is not always hard
down there, been down, not fun

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.