New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: 2013 IS gathering(update on 1st post)  (Read 13451 times)

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 2013 IS gathering(update)
« Reply #30 on: Jan 29, 2013, 05:54 PM »
Sweet guys.  So MDB is the spot. I don't think we will have a better spot for parking. And ease of access.   
[img width=106 height=80]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i336/roundlakeNY/is.png[/img

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:02 PM »
Excellent!
If I prank one of my gang it will surely be different. I'm hoping my little one is in good enough shape to be out there with us. My oldest will surely be there.
Does anyone have a better idea than Million Dollar Beach?

Great man hope for the best for the little man.     Where's Fuller at haven't seen him on to much hope he see this. 
[img width=106 height=80]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i336/roundlakeNY/is.png[/img

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 30, 2013, 08:43 AM »
Great man hope for the best for the little man.     Where's Fuller at haven't seen him on to much hope he see this.
He'll be in the loop.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline afwrestler1986

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 30, 2013, 01:44 PM »
Won't be able to make the date. Guard drill weekend.  :-\ They have a knack for scheduling drill weekends on important dates.
[Img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png[img]

Offline uglystickjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice ?
« Reply #34 on: Feb 01, 2013, 06:39 PM »
Ok guys and gals .. i got a local chainsaw carver (who happens to be my wife ) to donate a carving for the event .. i was thinking of a bear sitting on a pail ice fishing .. jigging pole in hand ..  i know in the past we had a main table set up. did a lot of cooking and b.s.ing around it .. was thinking if we could get a roll of raffle tickets somewhere we could have every visiting member fill one out .. pick a designated time .. and draw a winner ...there will be no fees .. the carving is being donated to the ice fishing community members who shows up for the event !!!  what do you think ...? if its a go i will have some pictures soon

P.S. to my fellow mods, I got this approved by the boss man.
adkRoy
*REMOVED*

Offline mommacomfort

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 01, 2013, 07:04 PM »
do we have to reserve a spot or can we park our campers there in the lot?

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #36 on: Feb 01, 2013, 07:06 PM »
do we have to reserve a spot or can we park our campers there in the lot?

Its not a campground.  Its a state park beach lot that is open in the winter for fisherman to have ice access.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline uglystickjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice ?
« Reply #37 on: Feb 01, 2013, 07:42 PM »

adkRoy

[/quote]

thanks for the help
*REMOVED*

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #38 on: Feb 01, 2013, 07:56 PM »
your welcome. Thank you for donating the carving.

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Feb 02, 2013, 07:18 PM »
Ok guys and gals .. i got a local chainsaw carver (who happens to be my wife ) to donate a carving for the event .. i was thinking of a bear sitting on a pail ice fishing .. jigging pole in hand ..  i know in the past we had a main table set up. did a lot of cooking and b.s.ing around it .. was thinking if we could get a roll of raffle tickets somewhere we could have every visiting member fill one out .. pick a designated time .. and draw a winner ...there will be no fees .. the carving is being donated to the ice fishing community members who shows up for the event !!!  what do you think ...? if its a go i will have some pictures soon

adkRoy

This is great man. Thanks so much.  I'm working on a list of who is bringing what and what we still need. I will get it posted once I get it together.   

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Feb 02, 2013, 08:56 PM »
             tell raquettedacker to bring his boat he likes the ground hog forcast.,..
images.jpeg

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Feb 02, 2013, 09:54 PM »
             tell raquettedacker to bring his boat he likes the ground hog forcast.,..
Hahahhaa :o
Cacth them by day, fillet them by night.

Offline uglystickjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice ?
Re: 2013 IS gathering
« Reply #42 on: Feb 03, 2013, 06:06 AM »
Been a couple years for me ... be great to put some faces with these names ....
*REMOVED*

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #43 on: Feb 03, 2013, 07:25 AM »

Round, I'm here. Thanks for being proactive and organizing this. The plan sounds great and pike will still be in season that weekend. The perch bite is usually good there on late ice also. The fishing and the social atmosphere could both be good, now we just need the ice to hold up. Who knows?????????

In case the ice does not hold up, do you or prchslyr have a backup in mind ? MDB is a great first choice, and if that is a no-go that weekend then all of LG would probably be a negative also. Hopefully the ice gods want this to happen as much as we do and it won't be an issue.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Feb 03, 2013, 09:39 AM »
Won't be able to make the date. Guard drill weekend.  :-\ They have a knack for scheduling drill weekends on important dates.

Man that sucks! Been looking forward to fishing with you again this year.
Neal

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Feb 03, 2013, 09:45 AM »
Hey! I don't know MDB very well (mostly summer time, many years ago). How do I get my ATV on there? I hear the tunnel under the road is no longer open. What to do?

And I may be going out Friday, like last year. Where should I set up? I was way north of the site last year and had to move.

Looking forward to it!
Neal

Offline royjboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Feb 03, 2013, 10:46 AM »
DAMN! I'd love to check this out, but I'll be fishing in the final stop of the Pro-Am that weekend. Sounds like a good time tho. :-\

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #47 on: Feb 03, 2013, 10:47 AM »
Hey! I don't know MDB very well (mostly summer time, many years ago). How do I get my ATV on there? I hear the tunnel under the road is no longer open. What to do?

And I may be going out Friday, like last year. Where should I set up? I was way north of the site last year and had to move.

Looking forward to it!
Neal

If that tunnel wasn't open, you'd have a hard time accessing the lake even on foot.

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Feb 04, 2013, 08:07 AM »
Fuller glad to hear your gonna come.   Yeah I been thinking about a backup spot.   Its gonna be a tough call late season. If we have ice the bite should be hot.  If no ice anyone got a pontoon boat. :)     I'm gonna hold off on naming a second spot at the moment to cut down on confusion.  I'm just gonna pray for cold.

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Feb 04, 2013, 08:15 AM »
Neal, you should have no problem getting on with the Wheeler.  Don't have a exact spot planned.   I was gonna see if maybe someone in the group had a flasher and maybe could get us set up in the general vicinity of some good perch.  Either way we have to have a little better luck then last year. 

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Feb 04, 2013, 08:20 AM »
not sure if I will be able to make it now. I am contemplating on doing the pro/am tourney in Tupper.

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #51 on: Feb 04, 2013, 08:35 AM »
For those of you planning on fishing the Pro-Am at Tupper Lake, we can arrange a gathering there as well (and we'll post all your huge slobs on our thread so the others can see what they missed)!  ;)  Check it out here:
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=209.0
Tim Thomas
NYS Ice Pro-Am Corporation
President & CEO

Finders Keepers Sportfishing
Captain

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Feb 04, 2013, 09:38 AM »
If that tunnel wasn't open, you'd have a hard time accessing the lake even on foot.
Thanks for the help adkroy.
And good call Jake! Thanks a bunch! A chainsaw carving wife huh?!?! Better keep her under lock and key. Lotta dudes dream about a woman like that.
The tunnel is definitely closed off. It floods under it bad. I destroyed my exhaust on my truck driving through it 3 years ago for our gathering. The water froze and broke up. Those chunks of ice did a number on my under carriage.
There are people driving over the curb to park down on the beach, but I doubt the fuzz will let that happen for long. I plan to dump my gear on the curb that day and go park. It's about 100 yards of walking to the ice from the lot. Not bad at all.

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #53 on: Feb 04, 2013, 09:59 AM »
Thanks for clearing that up Jamey.

Offline uglystickjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice ?
« Reply #54 on: Feb 04, 2013, 07:37 PM »

And good call Jake! Thanks a bunch! A chainsaw carving wife huh?!?! Better keep her under lock and key. Lotta dudes dream about a woman like that.
The tunnel is definitely closed off. It floods under it bad.

hahaha ...... yeah shes something else ... and to think she found me ???   pretty crazy!!!   do you remember towing all those sleds through the tunnel and getting wet up to our knees ... we almost lost everything before we even hit the ice that day ...  i was thankful it was a warm day ....
*REMOVED*

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Feb 05, 2013, 08:45 AM »
Oh man, I remember. What a task that became!
If anything we MAY, just know what we're doing this year.  ;D
That was one of those moments I wish we had on video.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #56 on: Feb 07, 2013, 02:48 PM »
Hey Guys... tell me where and when. If I am not plowing, i'll put it on my calendar. Had a blast with you guys last year.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Feb 08, 2013, 12:53 PM »
Neal, you should have no problem getting on with the Wheeler.  Don't have a exact spot planned.   I was gonna see if maybe someone in the group had a flasher and maybe could get us set up in the general vicinity of some good perch.  Either way we have to have a little better luck then last year.
Hey I had no problem with the smallies last year;) but I have a flasher and I might be able to pull a couple extra ones from a couple of my buddies... also have a camera just needs a new batterie ...
Cacth them by day, fillet them by night.

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Feb 08, 2013, 02:50 PM »
As long as people stop parking on the beach I dont think they (popo) will have a problem with going over the curb to drop stuff off. People have been launching their boats like that for the past couple years. Just dont park on the launch or the beach and I dont think there would be any issues. Just my thoughts.

Offline RussianBear

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Feb 08, 2013, 06:29 PM »
When is this gathering?  I missed it last year because of snow storm. Luckily th current snow storm is this week and not the next, plan to fish that chautauqua tourny.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.