New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Schroon lake  (Read 15547 times)

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Schroon lake
« Reply #60 on: Jan 27, 2012, 03:09 PM »
Here's a map from the Navionics App from my iPhone. You can zoom in even further for more detail. Just recently was clued in to this App. Pretty decent!

Offline bogmanjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't Tread on Me.
« Reply #61 on: Jan 27, 2012, 04:13 PM »
Hope the Ice holds, I have a long ride to get there.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #62 on: Jan 27, 2012, 04:15 PM »
Hope the Ice holds, I have a long ride to get there.

I hope it holds for you guys to... :(
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline bogmanjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't Tread on Me.
« Reply #63 on: Jan 27, 2012, 04:42 PM »
     I hope it holds for you guys to... :(

Us..........the word is US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whistle:

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #64 on: Jan 27, 2012, 05:06 PM »
Here's a map from the Navionics App from my iPhone. You can zoom in even further for more detail. Just recently was clued in to this App. Pretty decent!

(Image removed from quote.)

Jager,

How did you get this image off your phone?
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Jan 27, 2012, 05:48 PM »
KB, if you have an I Phone you can freeze any image and save to your camera roll and it becomes a stores pic. Then you simply upload the image to your photobucket account and post it like any other pic on IS.

Mike

Offline Fish-N-Adventures

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #66 on: Jan 27, 2012, 06:21 PM »
So where is everyone meeting at?
It's the 4th of Feb. I might come with deposit if things work out.  :tipup:
Fish On!

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #67 on: Jan 27, 2012, 07:14 PM »
KB, if you have an I Phone you can freeze any image and save to your camera roll and it becomes a stores pic. Then you simply upload the image to your photobucket account and post it like any other pic on IS.

Mike

I just got mine, and am still trying to figure it out.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline Dont D It

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Jan 27, 2012, 07:30 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, I looked further into the navionics on their website and you can actually get some pretty sweet software from them for your computer.  What sucks is that the region including ny just barely missing including Wisconsin, so I wouldnt be able to use it for plotting when I go home for musky fishing, and I have a feeling its pricey.  I think I may just get the app.  Thanks again.

Here's the link for the software if any is interested http://www.navionics.com/LakeCharts_HMPlatinum.asp

Offline bogmanjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't Tread on Me.
« Reply #69 on: Jan 27, 2012, 07:52 PM »
So where is everyone meeting at?
It's the 4th of Feb. I might come with deposit if things work out.  :tipup:
Fish On!

Is deposit doing a day trip or staying overnight? I can't remember. Most are staying at the Super 8 in down town LG on canada st. Best bet may be to meet some of us there at dark30 am.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #70 on: Jan 27, 2012, 07:57 PM »
Is deposit doing a day trip or staying overnight? I can't remember. Most are staying at the Super 8 in down town LG on canada st. Best bet may be to meet some of us there at dark30 am.
dark30, well I'll be getting off work at 5am that Sat. morning so I'll be all primed by my 3pm drive home, lol.  :cookoo: but if I can get the boss ok, who needs sleep, lol.
I think deposit is only doing a day thing on Sat. but will know more next week when it's knocking at the door.  :tipup:

Offline bogmanjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't Tread on Me.
« Reply #71 on: Jan 27, 2012, 08:15 PM »
dark30, well I'll be getting off work at 5am that Sat. morning so I'll be all primed by my 3pm drive home, lol.  :cookoo: but if I can get the boss ok, who needs sleep, lol.
I think deposit is only doing a day thing on Sat. but will know more next week when it's knocking at the door.  :tipup:

Have him, (or you) shoot me a pm(MHF) when time get's short. I'll get it on my phone and be able to get back to ya asap with the plan.

Offline ADKsasquatch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Jan 28, 2012, 10:59 AM »
I have Navionics for the iPhone as well. It's awesome. Downloaded it because I actually work on the king in the summer. For $9.99 I think it gave me every significant body of water in the U.S. Alaska and all marine waters too. Actually a great deal. Their computer and gps programs and rather expensive but also very good.

P. S. anyone venturing out on Schroon this weekend? Want to know how the ice is.

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Jan 28, 2012, 11:14 AM »
Ice is fine, drained off and froze last night.  Drove around the lake this morning, groups of guys everywhere,  off Fowler, behind Stewarts,  on the flat below DeCesares,  narrows,  Eagle pt, Adirondack all had ice fishermen!!
Tony

Offline duckmidgetshark

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Jan 28, 2012, 05:29 PM »
hope you dont have to walk the plank to get on the ice was up there a few years ago after a warm spell and the only way to get on was by walking the plank but the ice was a foot thick

Offline ADKsasquatch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #75 on: Jan 28, 2012, 08:17 PM »
Hope the ice is solid. Plan on heading up that way tomorrow morning

Offline sameoljets

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Jan 29, 2012, 06:50 PM »
easy walking, no sno on ice,  8 inches of solid ice enjoy!  went off eagle point today.

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #77 on: Jan 29, 2012, 08:34 PM »
is this a good place to jig chubs?  ;D heard there wasnt much here  ::)
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline snowlt14

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Feb 02, 2012, 10:15 PM »
Fished the North end of schoon yesterday from 7am-2pm. We fished the North end and went out from Fowlers rd. passing shower as we got the gear out of the truck but that was the end of the rain for the day. The shore ice had some water but the quads were running back and fourth with no problems. We set up in 2-80 ft of water and had perch action as soon as we put the tip ups in. Most of the perch caught were small and very small but we did manage to get 14 over 11 inches. We worked the deeper water looking for some bigger perch or some lakers but had no luck. We had a few big baits out in shallow water and we were able to catch a few small pike. All the pike were caught on small perch that we jigged up. The perch were so think that in some holes you could look down and see hundreds of them swim by the hole. Between four of us we probably caugh 100 perch easy but like i said they were small and very small. When we left at 2 there was about 3 inches of water on the ice and the holes were starting to open up from the water running into them. Lake should be fine ice wise since it should have locked back up last night and will be making ice tonight. We had 11 inches where we setup and seen people fishing near Clark island, narrows and Eagle point. Will be back up next week for sure and try for some lakers and salmon this time. First time fishing the home lake for the year and hopefully many more before ice out. Tight lines

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #79 on: Feb 02, 2012, 10:20 PM »
thanks for the report! hoping my first outing on schroon will be a good one, would like to see the ball and chain catch something decent
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline mhot25

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #80 on: Feb 03, 2012, 02:37 PM »
Is there any place on the lake to catch decent perch only thing i ever caught was lots of very tiny ones also can you still use smelt for the lakers there

Offline icebearny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #81 on: Feb 07, 2012, 01:24 PM »
Snowlt...We're headed to Schroon this weekend for the first time being  the annual trip is generally to LG. Your earlier post was helpful - thanks. while we're not sure of the exact location of the house we rented it does look like it is just south of Adirondack, and the inlet from Mill Creek (perfect spot hopefully). Was planning on walking out about 200 yards to be in 20-60 FOW being we love the Lakers, but also want to give the Salmon a shot. Reading the posts makes me think we don't even need to get out that far. Curious what you think if you don't mind. Thanks.

Offline icebearny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #82 on: Feb 08, 2012, 07:04 PM »
Anyone have a suggestion for a good bait shop near schroon? 

Offline lockdown199

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life to the fullest
« Reply #83 on: Feb 08, 2012, 08:24 PM »
Bobcats on rt 9, fish 307 in Lake George.

Offline stevek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • STKA (MHF)
« Reply #84 on: Feb 08, 2012, 08:51 PM »
Crossroads just off exit 25, real nice family owned shop. There's one on the south end of schroon, not sure of the name or location though.

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #85 on: Feb 09, 2012, 06:13 AM »
Crossroads just off exit 25, real nice family owned shop. There's one on the south end of schroon, not sure of the name or location though.
really liked crossroads last weekend...
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline icebearny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Feb 09, 2012, 07:51 AM »
Thx all...if anyone out there Saturday we're a group of 7 just south of Adirondack probably pretty close to the shore..come say hello and grab a cold one

Offline Eagle Ed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • [img]http://i58tinypic.com/2n/c5jc.png[/img]
« Reply #87 on: Feb 09, 2012, 08:51 AM »
Nice people at Crossroads and Mike sells active live bait.  Breakfast/lunch are real bargains, especially the 1/2 subs that look like most large subs.  We were up there on Tuesday for bait and then stopped on the way home for a late lunch of the 1/2 subs.  If you get the horseradish spread just be prepared as it is hot, but goes great with any meat.  Plenty of information on fishing and what to use.

Eagle Ed

Offline icebearny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #88 on: Feb 09, 2012, 09:11 AM »
Helpful Ed thank you...love the horseradish insight.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #89 on: Feb 09, 2012, 06:55 PM »
what is the access at eagle point anyway?
DO you just park on the side of the road there and walk down what looks to be a house and beach right there on the point?  ???

and is the ice safe there on the south end?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.