Author Topic: Ice and fishing reports  (Read 3041 times)

Offline eyecrosser65

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice and fishing reports
« on: Feb 09, 2018, 09:58 AM »
I was wondering after looking at most of the other states listed here why we on the Kansas board don't have a separate ice conditions section to view; as we are in the area that gets impacted most by the warming weather that comes through frequently. NO one has to give up a hot bite or exact location; but it will at least help guys/gals out knowing what present ice conditions we have on a given day on area lakes and ponds. I'd be more than willing to share what I find.

Offline fshhed

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice and fishing reports
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2018, 01:52 PM »
Agreed, that is why I hit the site today.  I wanted to see if any waters had locked up enough to get back on. Not a whole lot reported after this cold spell. Probably wishful thinking but I have not had my fill. I was able to get some fishing in several weeks back and had success at Perry, but that was it for me. Have some time now and still have the urge. Might have to head north.

Offline eyecrosser65

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice and fishing reports
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2018, 11:43 PM »
Hit a state lake today up by Centralia; ran into one iffy spot close to the bank where it had opened and was attempting to refreeze; made our way around it and found 5-6 inches of good ice where we had been fishing before the warm spell set in. Cold front affecting the fish but managed a half dozen Crappie, 2 bass, and a few bluegill before dark with lots of lookers. Thinking Monday with the temp swing should be good before the warm weather hits again mid week and makes things iffy again.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.