Author Topic: Quick Fish Pole Pokes Through  (Read 808 times)

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Quick Fish Pole Pokes Through
« on: Feb 27, 2021, 03:37 PM »
I am just wondering if Artisam has come up with a solution to this yet.  Or, if another manufacturer does it better.  Surely, there is a stronger material than rubber, like heavy cordura or seatbelt material. This is ridiculous.

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Quick Fish Pole Pokes Through
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2021, 05:36 AM »
I am just wondering if Artisam has come up with a solution to this yet.  Or, if another manufacturer does it better.  Surely, there is a stronger material than rubber, like heavy cordura or seatbelt material. This is ridiculous.

My Eskimo 6120i and QuickFish 3i hubs don't have rubber pole pockets if I recall correctly - maybe just appears so because they are the insulated versions?  I'll have to take a closer look next time out.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2021, 06:17 AM »
Call them up and send them a picture. I am sure they will help you out.
<===Lefty===

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2021, 06:27 AM »
send them a email and ask.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2021, 10:10 AM »
It's the same on the 949i and Outbreak 250XD - same on just about every industry hub shacks out there.  While it's not rubber, it's the rubberized coating/skin.  It's one of the things that I wish that hub shelters have that plastic end cap on the poles.  Same like in most tent poles that are comes with an end cap.  The full door entry on the Outbreak comes with two door frame stabilizer poles and they have the plastic end cap on them.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2021, 09:12 PM »
I think I will call Artisam and send them a picture.  I have had good luck with their customer service before.  My Quick Flip lasted a lot longer than this.  I was also thinking I can stitch a piece of leather over it.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2021, 11:26 PM »
If your hut is not very old and they are a reputable company I think they will have no problem sending you a new hut.  Send photos of all the damage you have and a nice letter.  Good luck.

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2021, 12:06 PM »
It's five years old, so they probably won't do anything

Offline TKfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2021, 12:25 PM »
on a five year old shack, they might not warranty it, but would probably give you a really good deal on a new one.

From my own experience and quite a few other users on the forum, it seems like Eskimo (Ardisam) has made some real quality improvements in the last couple years on their shelters.

Offline TKfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Mar 01, 2021, 12:31 PM »
forgot to mention a fix for this issue too!

1/2in PVC with end cap glued on one end, cut to the length of the webbing pocket the pole goes into.
Use "Tear Mender" fabric glue, Loctite Vinyl and Fabric adhesive, or I think gorilla glue could work but might be messy. Apply glue all around the outside of the PVC, and push into the webbing pocket until bottomed out. Allow for it to dry then re-insert the pole and you're good to go.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.