Author Topic: Monster Yellow Perch Decoy  (Read 1099 times)

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Monster Yellow Perch Decoy
« on: Feb 25, 2021, 10:07 AM »
A monster replica perch laying in the snow by Brad Hendrickson. (Cast from a Cascade Lake Idaho fish)

Want to decoy pesky people away from your favorite fishing spot on the lake? Pop a hole in the ice far from your favorite spot and lay one of more or these replica fish in the snow. Once you're surrounded pretend you're going home and move on to your favorite spot. Make sure you tell them the bite has slowed but should pick up in an hour or so. Tell them it's worth the wait!  :roflmao:

I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Monster Yellow Perch Decoy
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2021, 10:16 AM »
You do realize that unless the gawkers are complete noobs, they will probably watch to see where you go because they may presume that you will "repeat" the task elsewhere, and they'll want to know where you go.

Remember, not all fools follow the decoy, but the person placing the decoy...
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2021, 10:19 AM »
You do realize that unless the gawkers are complete noobs, they will probably watch to see where you go because they may presume that you will "repeat" the task elsewhere, and they'll want to know where you go.

Remember, not all fools follow the decoy, but the person placing the decoy...

Well you're no fun! :-[  ;D

I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2021, 10:31 AM »
It is a heck of a nice replica, can't tell from the photo that it's fake.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2021, 10:35 AM »

I think you should see how many fisherman you can catch  In a day         hope I'm not first

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2021, 12:29 PM »
Well you're no fun! :-[  ;D

No, I'm fun, but that's not as funny as say...having a small speaker in its mouth where you can broadcast "strange noises" coming from it.

Or have the fish "pop" like a balloon.

How about if someone checks you decoy out, and decides to either keep it or toss it down the hole? Now that's funny.
Of course the level of funny would probably depend on how much it cost to make the decoy....
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 25, 2021, 01:52 PM »
No, I'm fun, but that's not as funny as say...having a small speaker in its mouth where you can broadcast "strange noises" coming from it.

Or have the fish "pop" like a balloon.

How about if someone checks you decoy out, and decides to either keep it or toss it down the hole? Now that's funny.
Of course the level of funny would probably depend on how much it cost to make the decoy....

Naah none of that's as funny as bringing in all the people that like to rudely crowd in on your spot and then you leave.  ;)

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 25, 2021, 05:38 PM »
  I think you should see how many fisherman you can catch  In a day         hope I'm not first

Lol, I'm guessing you'd do pretty good on fisherman with that bait.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #8 on: Feb 25, 2021, 05:48 PM »
take some smelt out with ya and scatter them around you. lol  i tried to get a buddy to bring me a frozen snook or sea trout from fl one time.  was gona take it out to docksiders real early and lay it on the ice by me. lol
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 26, 2021, 03:11 PM »
It would cost you a couple hundred $$ to have a couple of those decoys made, way too much for me.  I just place my fish in a fish bag.  Out of sight, out of mind.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 27, 2021, 04:35 PM »
It would cost you a couple hundred $$ to have a couple of those decoys made, way too much for me.  I just place my fish in a fish bag.  Out of sight, out of mind.

Wouldn't cost me much.  ;D My avatar is an 18 incher I assembled and painted.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.