Author Topic: Lubrication for Jet Sled?  (Read 3665 times)

Offline TheManInBlack

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Lubrication for Jet Sled?
« Reply #30 on: Feb 23, 2021, 05:09 PM »
Yeah, unfortunately I often fish by myself, or else I would do the tag-team "watch and pick-up".

I never knew about the wear bars, but found the "Shappell Jet Sled Wear Bars" on-line.  Thanks for the suggestion! 
They are a bit pricey, but a simple solution to the cost - BIRTHDAY GIFT! 
The family never knows what to get me, so here is a good gift idea I can toss their way.
Its a "win-win"!!!

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 23, 2021, 05:23 PM »
I wonder if anyone has any tricks or anything that they spray on the bottom of their Jet Sled.

I hate dragging my sled on pavement, but one place I fish, you don't have much choice.  Their is a vary narrow road that people park up and down. 
DON'T pull on blacktop or pavement, that type surface will cut grooves into the bottom of your sled and snow and ice will not release properly.  Drop off your gear and sled at the area where you leave the road and enter the snow and go park your car and walk back to your gear..  Spray bottom of sled with silicone.

Offline Fishingjg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Feb 23, 2021, 07:55 PM »
Yup what perch chacer said, we park at the launch and unload then go park.

Offline TheManInBlack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Feb 24, 2021, 07:22 AM »
Yup what perch chacer said, we park at the launch and unload then go park.
Sometimes, that is not an option!  Not all access points are the same.  There is no boat launch, just a path through the woods on a narrow road with no shoulder. 

Believe me, dragging on the road is the last thing I want to do.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 24, 2021, 08:33 AM »
Yeah, unfortunately I often fish by myself, or else I would do the tag-team "watch and pick-up".

I never knew about the wear bars, but found the "Shappell Jet Sled Wear Bars" on-line.  Thanks for the suggestion! 
They are a bit pricey, but a simple solution to the cost - BIRTHDAY GIFT! 
The family never knows what to get me, so here is a good gift idea I can toss their way.
Its a "win-win"!!!

Amazon warehouse often has "used" wear bars for cheap, especially if you wait until summer. Someone returns them, and they try to get rid of them. It is hard to think of something that would make these "used" ones work any different than new. You might get somewhat are the wrong length, but they are easy to cut down. As an example, today there is a set for 17 bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/Frabill-1638-Hyfax-Shelter-Medium/dp/B002ZCU29K/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&fst=as%3Aoff&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1585696278&rnid=10158976011&s=warehouse-deals&sr=1-7

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #35 on: Feb 25, 2021, 07:37 AM »
Yes i bought clam x runners off amazon for 12$.it was missing the hardware but at that price i didnt care and my olady works at a fastener shop.normally 80$.these are thick and wide,not like the cheap white regular clam runners.came with 5 so i used 3 on my clam scout xl and used 2 on my big jet sled.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.