Author Topic: Otter cottage crosslink.  (Read 477 times)

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
Otter cottage crosslink.
« on: Feb 14, 2021, 06:44 PM »
So hers the deal. I bought an otter xt crossover cottage on an impulse buy, it was on sale and on my way to my fishing destination. I have an X-over Pro lodge, so i have all the accessories that fit the crosslink rail . Has anyone here put the crosslink bar in the xt sled? I know they are different sleds but they surely aren’t that different? I don’t mind the bench but I have the sportsmans caddy and the side kick so I figure they would be nice to try. I figured i would see if anyone here has tried it before I spend the $55 to buy the bar....

Offline Iawinger

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Otter cottage crosslink.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2021, 07:04 PM »
I had an Otter Cottage a few years ago. Got tired of the bench, so I got the crossbar and a pro seat for it. Worked OK, biggest difference is the standard cottage uses a sport sled, while the pro has the pro sled. Bar had to sit a little lower because of it. Still worked OK.

Sold the cottage and the bench seat to a guy in Monroe. I saw it on Facebook for sale a couple of weeks ago. Pretty sure it was my old one because he mentioned that he had a bar to go with it. Might try to find him since he's down your way.

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2021, 07:12 PM »
Good to know. I tried to buy that shack but it was sold before i could get to it. How much lower would you guess it was?

Offline Iawinger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2021, 07:18 PM »
Probably around 3" if I remember right.

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2021, 07:34 PM »
I might be able to live with that, I think i am going o regret not getting the pro anyway. My impatience got the best of me, this is primarily going to be used when i have to pull a shack by hand since my lodge is so big.

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2021, 04:56 PM »
So i got it all put together and used it fishing in South Dakota for a couple days. The bent seat was missing the threaded inserts on one side so i could only hav it fastened on one side of the shack. Sent otter a message along with pictures of the issue and they had a new bench sent the next day. The bench is just ok, not nearly as comfortable as the pro seats, When i got home i tinkered with it and made it so the pro seat fits right in the bench seat framework. Plenty of room for my sidekick console as well. I can’t Wait to use this bad boy next year. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.