Author Topic: Beaver tail  (Read 7084 times)

Offline WALL E GATOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Beaver tail
« Reply #30 on: Dec 23, 2020, 02:09 PM »
Don't be like me, the instructions for the Gullickson beaver tail bait say to refrigerate for storage. Mine were just kept in my ice fishing bucket and turned brown over the summer. Store them right to use year after year.

Damn I have to read the instructions. HAHAHAHA.  Thanks for the tip. I usually keep most of my bait in the old fridge on the patio so just will have to make sure it gets in there too.
FISH ON! and Tight Lines

Offline Luckydog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Dec 23, 2020, 04:09 PM »
After reading this thread I’ve just ordered two packages from Gullickson. One is on back order but should be shipped next week. I’ll certainly post my results with the bait.

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Dec 23, 2020, 06:38 PM »
First batch in the fire brine

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline CMS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 23, 2020, 07:25 PM »
I got ahold of a buddy that traps and turns out he has a few tails in the freezer so he’ll give me some meat

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Dec 23, 2020, 10:34 PM »
Forgot what site but they have the purple color for 1.50 a pack.

Found this:
https://www.valley-outdoors.com/product/beaver-tail-bait/

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 26, 2020, 06:47 PM »
i bought a few packs of the gullickson beaver tail bait last year and i tried them about a dozen times.  i'm not even sure if i caught a fish with them.  a few different location, plastics and live spikes are catching panfish with ease, put this stuff on and nothing.  rigged and jigged it in a number of different ways.  i found it this year all dried up in my bucket.  tossed it.  won't get any more of my money. 

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 03, 2021, 12:18 PM »
Just got off the ice. Caught 22 trout using dyed beaver tail. It worked  great.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline fatty crusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 03, 2021, 07:32 PM »
X3 on the seasoned beaver tail. Might have to still try it, maybe they prefer the rotted fat more.

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 05, 2021, 06:18 AM »
X3 on the seasoned beaver tail. Might have to still try it, maybe they prefer the rotted fat more.

I soaked mine in fire brine for about a week. I couldn't keep it in the water. It worked very well

Offline cold nose

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Apr 18, 2021, 02:38 PM »
What is Fire Brine ? Just cut up a fresh tail , put some distilled water in a mason jar and put back in frig .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.