Author Topic: Lady Icefisher...  (Read 2671 times)

Offline fishergurl13

• IceShanty Rookie
Lady Icefisher...
« on: Feb 28, 2005, 08:42 PM »
How many other ice fishing women are out there? I'm not alone am I? ???
Fishergurl13

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lady Icefisher...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2005, 08:56 PM »
You are not at all alone but mice are just like remotes, can't get them out of the guys hands!
I think there are alot of closet fishing Queens here, my wife being one of them but she just goes along for the fun and feels she has little to offer to other female fishers.
Too bad because you gals could have some fun and commeradery like the rest of us Knuckleheads.
I will gladly pass the mouse if she wanted to join in the fun.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline fishergurl13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2005, 09:12 PM »
I'm not a master either but I sure like to read the tips, so I can get better and hopefully be as good at fishing as my dad! I like to impress him and my friends with the tips I get on this site!
Fishergurl13

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2005, 09:20 PM »
FG13, You are in the right place!
I am 53 and have been fishing since I was 8.
The info I find here is absolutely PRICELESS.
Stick around and you may just find a great guy who shares your intrests and has a bit of respect.
Wish you the best and most of the guys I have met thru IS are pretty good dudes but you have to judge this for yourself.
A Family who fishes together, stays together, is what I like to think! WORKS FOR ME!!

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2005, 10:32 PM »
You're bringing tears to my eyes--I had a little girl who used to fish and hunt with me but,now she's all grow'd up and married. It all happens too fast.
Good for you--fishing with Dad....These are priceless memories for him,They will mean more than you can ever imagine.Best of luck to you. :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline fishergurl13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2005, 10:45 PM »
You're bringing tears to my eyes--I had a little girl who used to fish and hunt with me but,now she's all grow'd up and married. It all happens too fast.
Good for you--fishing with Dad....These are priceless memories for him,They will mean more than you can ever imagine.Best of luck to you. :thumbsup: :clap:

I'm actually all grown up too! I'm 22, but my dad has been the only man so far I care to fish with! I've had my share of boyfriends, but I'm still looking for mr. right, but my dad taught me how to fish, I will never let another man come between me and my daddy! He will be my fishing partner for a looooooong time!
Fishergurl13

Offline bayonne

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2005, 11:01 PM »
my girls lost thier fishing bug when the teen bug hit and thier 21-19 now but those days will always be my fondust memorys my son is another story hes hooked have a partner for many years to come

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2005, 11:25 PM »
BAyonne, Too bad the gals lost intrest! my wifes Dad was not a fisherman so I had to teach her and now she is my favorite fishing buddy! Think I enjoy watching her catch fish more then I like catching them myself!
My father was not a fisherman either and I really think we missed out on alot of good times. He still can't understand why I enjoy sitting on the ice or on the shore waiting for a fish to bite and refuses to have anything to do with it.
Stick with your partner because it sure is a great way to get to know and understand each other.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2005, 01:07 AM »
welcome fishergurl13,
  Glad you are learning lots here on iceshanty. With all our help and practice, you will be a pro angler in no time. Just remember as long as you have fun, you always win. Good Fishing

Water Wolf

<>< >*)}}}}}><

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 01, 2005, 06:31 AM »
      Bless your Daddy FisherGurl13. There should be more like him. Oh wait, there is one, er uh, maybe two,(probably more but we don't see 'em braggin' on it like me.).
      My daughter Lisa and Son-in-Law Frank are INSEPARABLE fishing partners, camping out and coordinating their fishing skills and effort in a common goal, to share their time together fishing.
       Wonder where she got that? Thank you, thank you, uh, No autographs please, I was just bein' a Dad, and my 'Heavenly Reward' is hearing Lisa holler "Fish on, Frank get the net...", or "Flag, I'll get it Dad, here's your beer..." ;D :tipup: ;D ;D
All folks follow Chainsaws first law of diminishing enthusiasm, "Ya just hafta want to do some things more than others."

camo_fish

« Reply #10 on: Mar 01, 2005, 06:52 AM »
welcome fishergurl13,  ;D
hope you and your dad have a camera, can't wait to see some lunkers.
Great to have you aboard, do you open water fish too.
If so, check out www.myfishfinder.com too.
These are awesome sites, lots of good info and great pictures.  8)
Tight lines and Fish On!

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 01, 2005, 07:22 AM »
my daughter is not on IS yet but she loves ice fishing :tipup:

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Mar 01, 2005, 07:26 AM »
FG13,

On the surface this looks like a place where you come to get the upper hand on a few unsuspecting fish and for some I suspect that may be the case, but for most of us it is much much more. There is no book or magazine that could even attempt to cover all of the information contained within these pages and for most of us passing on that information to help someone else is what its all about. Your father has instilled in you somethnig that most kids in today's society lack and that makes you very special. That is something you will carry with you the rest of your life and something you will pass onto your kids. Being a female here might put you in the minority in that one little area, but if you are interested in icefishing, that makes you part of the family.

Welcome   ;)2

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #13 on: Mar 01, 2005, 07:40 AM »
my daughter is not on IS yet but she loves ice fishing :tipup:
Ah my god, If she B.S.'s like you, :whistle:
 IS will need to have alot more post capacity
    Jim

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 01, 2005, 07:41 AM »
probably worse in 2 years shell be a teenager :tipup: but then shell just be on the phone

PIKEGUY

« Reply #15 on: Mar 01, 2005, 08:04 AM »
Welcome to the shanty. This is a great site and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. All this information at your fingertips is addicting ;D

Rock Bottom

« Reply #16 on: Mar 01, 2005, 09:15 AM »
Welcome to the site fishergurl13, Make sure you stick around and share stories for all to read, you might inspire other fisherwomen to speak up as well. Stick it out with the old man, Even though he does not say it it means allot to him that you still want to spend time with him..Take care and tight lines..Rod

missfishylicious

« Reply #17 on: Mar 01, 2005, 09:53 AM »
How many other ice fishing women are out there? I'm not alone am I? ???

been here forever along with bushbunny.icemaiden and potbellyperch's wife welcome to the site and don't believe everything these guys tell ya. there mostly full of fish stories  ;)

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 01, 2005, 10:00 AM »
Yea, and don't believe everything those gals tell you either, they have some fishy stories of their own ;D

Offline d_balm24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Mar 01, 2005, 10:38 AM »
probably worse in 2 years shell be a teenager :tipup: but then shell just be on the phone
hope she isn't on the phone as much as your on IS. You will have one expensive phone bill lol

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Mar 01, 2005, 10:39 AM »
you know her shes a brute so watch out ;)

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #21 on: Mar 01, 2005, 11:18 AM »
Good to see you on the IS, Hope you can use the info for all its worth, Gotta get those readers to contribute.
Good luck to ya and hope you catch a whopper or MR. Right
PS the wife likes to fish but not on the ice.
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Mar 01, 2005, 01:04 PM »
Just pick up enough tips on here so when you find that Mr. Right you'll outfish him 3 to 1! :P
Welcome to Iceshanty!

GEM_EYE_GUY

« Reply #23 on: Mar 01, 2005, 01:13 PM »
F G

I have a 21 yr old nephew who could use a young female fishing companion.  He lives in Washington County MN, has his own boat, two-person otter, gas auger, vex (i.e. has his priorities right)!  He's kinda the quiet type.

G E G

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Mar 01, 2005, 07:11 PM »
F G

I have a 21 yr old nephew who could use a young female fishing companion. 
G E G
Wouldn't we all! ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.