Author Topic: Married or single??  (Read 12358 times)

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Married or single??
« Reply #60 on: Feb 26, 2005, 04:13 PM »
nice looking family congradulations :tipup:

Offline dave_66

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Here fishy, fishy...
« Reply #61 on: Feb 26, 2005, 05:59 PM »
Married to a great gal who never complains about my fishing time whether it is on the ice or in the boat.  It does cost me some expensive dinners out though!! ;D

hali-man

« Reply #62 on: Feb 26, 2005, 06:07 PM »
My girl is awesome and I should probably marry her because she's a fisherman's dream and I'm not going to do any better than that.

When is the wedding, Slipbob?

Offline LoaderGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Boats Afloat , Shores Ashore
« Reply #63 on: Feb 27, 2005, 09:47 AM »
Yep, married here! My wife and I were happy for 20 years, and then we meet. I told my wife "a man is like a fine wine, they get better with age" , she locks me down in the cellar. I says to her "honey, we should get a home improvement loan", she says "OK , move out". I tell ya , I get no respect , no respect at all!
GET JIGGIE WITH IT !

Offline WVBoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I am haunted by water." - Norman Maclean -
« Reply #64 on: Feb 27, 2005, 09:53 AM »
Married but in the process of Singleship! Never let marriage affect the things you love, you lose yourself that way.
"Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths." - Jimmy D Moore

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #65 on: Feb 27, 2005, 10:29 AM »
Divorced and single for now. Not to much of a hurry to get back in the dating scenario yet. I spend as much time with my two children as possible. Daughter is 10 and sone is 7. Beleive or not I do not bring them out ice fishing. Open water we have a blast.
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline gator_hunter71

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tip Up!!!
« Reply #66 on: Feb 27, 2005, 12:26 PM »
Married, two kids. We had a serious talk when we were engaged about ice fishing and deer hunting and what it meant to me, and so far she has given me all the time I need around our work schedules. Her friends cant believe I sleep in the shanty for entire weekends. Last year for valentines day I got a jig pole combo and a Rapala cordless filet knife, and this year I got a Strikemaster pager system, so I think Im pretty g***amn lucky!
If you jig it...... They will come.

Offline keny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just poken holes
« Reply #67 on: Feb 27, 2005, 10:37 PM »
married, but currently unemployed and she is not(unemployed) I might find a job if only I could get off the lake before dark.

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #68 on: Feb 28, 2005, 10:57 AM »
Married 14 yrs, 2 kids 14 & 11, she is awesome, barely complains with all the outdoor activities that I have!! She just says I'm spoiled with all the stuff I buy for fishing and hunting, thank God she likes fish and venison.

(Archbishop-no comments!!! LOL  ;)2 )

Robb :tipup:

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Feb 28, 2005, 10:59 AM »
I think Im pretty g***amn lucky!

I'm gonna second that... ;)2 :clap:

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Feb 28, 2005, 12:25 PM »
sorry robb but you are spoiled she had to grow all that hair cause you soent her clothing allowance on new tip ups and a jigging pole ;)2

missfishylicious

« Reply #71 on: Feb 28, 2005, 02:14 PM »
married to my best friend and fishing partner and loving every minute of it

Offline dbone

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #72 on: Feb 28, 2005, 07:22 PM »
Married 15-1/2 years two boys 14 and 12. Younger one loves to fish with Dad.

Offline MikePike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I caught you a delicious pike
« Reply #73 on: Feb 28, 2005, 07:52 PM »
i am 13 years old. that pretty much speaks for itself, granted i dont live in india  ;D

Do the leaves of trees stay greener, in the autumn, does the colour of the sun, turn crimson white? Does a shadow come between us, in the winter?

Offline fishergurl13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Feb 28, 2005, 08:46 PM »
I'm single, I like to fish with my dad, and some guy friends! I'm lookin for a guy who wants to fish with me, but isn't intimidated by what a good fisherwoman I am!
Fishergurl13

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Feb 28, 2005, 09:13 PM »
Happily Married for too many years and think something has to be wrong. She enjoys me going fishing and also on the occassional, Warm, Sunny ice day she really enjoys comming with me.
Gets really upset when I spend a day fishing and she has No Fish to eat!
Also loves me to go Hunting because the only red meat she enjoys is Venison.
Find a gal who will get up at 4:00AM, fix breakfast and get you out the door or go with you and I will show you a gal to keep.
If you find a mate who complains about it before you tie the knot, SHAME on YOU!
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

PIKEGUY

« Reply #76 on: Mar 01, 2005, 08:10 AM »

Find a gal who will get up at 4:00AM, fix breakfast and get you out the door or go with you and I will show you a gal to keep.

I think we can all agree on that!

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Mar 01, 2005, 08:22 AM »
 I have all that and more in my girlfriend. I'm divorced after 20 years of having everything I enjoyed slowly taken away from me. Now, I fish all the time and everyday if I want to. If I'm not in the mood to fish my girlfriend is, she's very competive and always want's to catch the biggest and the most fish. Yes, you could say I'm married to my fishing habit and that's it.
Love those slab crappie, jumbo perch, and always love those bull sunfish. A.F.& A.M.

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
« Reply #78 on: Mar 01, 2005, 09:12 AM »
once the 'training' sessions started and hints to stop fishing as much,   she was GONE.  Can keep the engagement ring too!  Some of you guys are darn lucky to find a significant other that will understand our passion and even go out and fish sometimes.  So, currently single and not looking.            J.

missfishylicious

« Reply #79 on: Mar 01, 2005, 09:19 AM »
once the 'training' sessions started and hints to stop fishing as much,   she was GONE.  Can keep the engagement ring too!  Some of you guys are darn lucky to find a significant other that will understand our passion and even go out and fish sometimes.  So, currently single and not looking.            J.
well good for you jigawopper
better to drop her now, than to make a bunch of false promises and dump her and 1.2 kids down the road

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #80 on: Mar 01, 2005, 10:03 AM »
Nice family you have there Gator man, but what's up with the guy in the background? He does have a beer! ??? Looks like he just lost his best friend or something? ROTFLMAO

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #81 on: Mar 01, 2005, 10:20 AM »
Nice family you have there Gator man, but what's up with the guy in the background? He does have a beer! ??? Looks like he just lost his best friend or something? ROTFLMAO

(Image removed from quote.)

ROFLMFAO @VC. He does look a little green under the gillplate... :sick: :sick: "pardon m
e"....... :roflmao:

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Mar 01, 2005, 10:23 AM »
he jusy realized the water wont freeze for another 5 months :tipup:

Offline Bobman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Free Speech Advocate #000020
« Reply #83 on: Mar 01, 2005, 10:24 AM »
Maybe he's depressed because there's no safe ice, either that or he's married too  :whistle:!
There's a hole in my ice!

Offline Bobman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Free Speech Advocate #000020
« Reply #84 on: Mar 01, 2005, 10:29 AM »
Married for 12.5 years with two boys.  Oldest is 3 and 1/2 and the youngest turns 1 today  ;D!  My wife and I had an agreement before we got married that she wouldn't bother me during deer hunting since the season is so short and I wouldn't spend all my free time fishing so she wouldn't bother me when I did.  Works out pretty well so far.  By the way, she will only go fishing during the summer on a nice warm sunny day if she doesn't have to get up too early!
There's a hole in my ice!

Offline northdease

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #85 on: Mar 01, 2005, 02:37 PM »
married 3 kids. 7,5,2 yrs. old. evreyone loves to ice fish, it is awsome

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #86 on: Mar 02, 2005, 02:47 PM »
I was married for 5 years and then the wife left me when I would not give up hunting or fishing for her ??? ???. Go figure! Now I am looking for a nice girl who likes to fish, hunt or doesn't mind me hunting, and just likes living the outdoor life (Feel free to PM me :D  ). PS I have a summer camp in Lake George also. ;D
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline shrub

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The secret to fishing: Fish where the fish are!
« Reply #87 on: Mar 02, 2005, 04:15 PM »
i am 13 years old. that pretty much speaks for itself, granted i dont live in india  ;D

same here!

Betty and Lucey say "HI"!

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #88 on: Mar 02, 2005, 04:28 PM »

same here!

Same here what?? You don't live in India or you are only 13? Could you elaborate a little please?  :unsure: :woot:

Sorry Smile, I'm just ribbing you a little...Its been one of those days.... :cookoo:

Offline shrub

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The secret to fishing: Fish where the fish are!
« Reply #89 on: Mar 02, 2005, 04:38 PM »
im only 13 and i live in vermont and not indea

Betty and Lucey say "HI"!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.