Author Topic: 4 wheeler set -ups  (Read 1569 times)

stumper1300

4 wheeler set -ups
« on: Feb 15, 2005, 06:25 PM »
Anyone have any pics of their 4 wheeler setups?auger racks ,bucket mounts,fish trap pro mounts?looking for ideas.suggestions.than ks

stump

Offline FISHFACE_55

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 4 wheeler set -ups
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2005, 07:08 PM »
HERE IS HOW I SET MY 1991 POLARIS TRAIL BOSS 350L 4X4 UP.
I MADE V NOTCHED BLOCKS OUT OF ACRYLIC PLASTIC AND U-BOLTED THEM TO THE FRONT RACK FOR THE AUGER AND HOLD IT DOWN WITH HEAVY DUTY BUNGEE CORDS HOOKED TO THE RACK.
FOR THE TWO BUCKETS I CARRY I TOOK TWO FIVE GALLON PAILS AND CUT THEM IN HALF THEN MADE SOME SQUARE METAL PLATES AND U-BOLTED THEM TO THE REAR RACK. MY BUCKETS SIT NICELY IN THE BOLTED BUCKETS ON THE RACK. TOTAL COST WAS ABOUT $6.00 FOR THE 8 SMALL U-BOLTS AND PLATES. DESIGN AND LABOR ABOUT A SIX PACK............
IT WORKS FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!

Offline livin4ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2005, 07:17 PM »
Nice setup Fishface.  You can never have enough buckets as far as I'm concerned.

Also, if anyone is looking for free buckets, I found that the local carwashes are useually more than willing to give them away.  Their soap and stuff comes in them.  Our local CW will give them to me anytime I ask.

Mike

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2005, 08:21 PM »
Come on guys,I know there are more cool set ups out there.need ideas  to work on this summer.thanks

stump

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2005, 08:56 AM »
I would show you mine but we can't take quad's on lakes around here >:(. If we could I would have a set-up though.
      Jim

Offline Mad_Ital

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • H.Pocus. tidly wink, all tipups come up in a blink
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2005, 08:57 AM »
Ive built my sled that my son dubbed "the fishinator". Its on a pair of skis. The box sits on 2x8's attached to the skis, allowing to clear the snow. Ive left aout a foot of ski in the back so someone could stand on. With a "U" shaped bar tacked to the back for a rail to hold on to. On the back part of the sled I cut a hole to fit a 5 gal bucket for bait. In NY you have to have a straight bar on whatever you tow. I still have yet to get that. Right now I use an old dog leash

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.