Author Topic: Underwater Trout Video in 350 feet deep lake  (Read 1005 times)

Offline JJdubs

• IceShanty Rookie
Underwater Trout Video in 350 feet deep lake
« on: Feb 06, 2020, 10:16 PM »
Tested out the Marcum LX9 on a super clear lake to try to get some cool underwater footage of some trout through the ice. Definitely gives a whole new perspective of being able to see the fish below the ice and how they react to your baits.

Unfortunately today was a bit slower than the past few times I was out here, but we still managed to get a few trout and had lots on the camera!

Offline dekatronic

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Underwater Trout Video in 350 feet deep lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2020, 11:33 PM »
Awesome footage, just what I need to watch when I’m not fishing!

Offline JJdubs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2020, 12:50 PM »
Awesome footage, just what I need to watch when I’m not fishing!

Thanks! Definitely plan on being a bit more organized next time out with it. Think I got the flasher part of the LX-9 figured out a little better than when I had it out this day.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2020, 12:59 PM »
The lake may be 350 foot deep. I doubt that the camera is even 30 feet deep. No way...
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline JJdubs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2020, 09:36 PM »
The lake may be 350 foot deep. I doubt that the camera is even 30 feet deep. No way...

You are correct. The lake is most definitely 350 feet deep but I had the camera down 20-30 feet. Even so in the past one of my buddies put a camera down 50-60 feet and you can still see almost just as well. It's an old iron mine that's spring fed so that is why the water is super clear. I actually marked the bottom 350 feet in the summer one time in my kayak. It's almost a little freaky knowing there is that much water below you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.