The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Cameras  (Read 839 times)

Offline Smallyhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
Cameras
« on: Feb 10, 2019, 09:16 AM »
Before I start the flasher vs camera debate I'd like to throw it out there that I would 100% take my flasher over a camera anyway . Now here's my question . In shallow water with better water quality I always struggle using my flasher unless it's pretty much a slam dunk. What has made having a camera the better option for that particular situation, I'd just seeing how the fish react that makes it worth it? My point is I can't help but think the noise from the flasher spooks fish when they are in a negative/neutral mood. And I do know that some days are just bad fishing days . But on them slow days I can't help but feel seeing would up my catch ( kinda rambling had to get my 3 posts in, lost my password to my older account)

Offline mdredneck

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Cameras
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2019, 10:52 AM »
I have a Marcum LX9 with the flasher and camera. The flasher is for sure what I use 90% of the time but in clear water when the weeds are high and it seams like the fish just wont rise out of them the camera is my go to. It also works good on steep edges. As for the noise of the flasher bothering the fish I don't think it bothers the fish. When it is slow it is slow. I have used both the camera and flasher on days when all they do is look and they still just look either way.

Offline StayzRelaxed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2019, 10:50 AM »
I'll use both. If I cant get the fish to eat and I'm standing there scratching my head wondering what I'm doing wrong. I'll throw the camera down there and see how the fish are reacting to the bait or if I'm thinking they are crappie and they end up being perch or bluegill that want something totally different. All in all it person preference and what you have confidence in. The camera is always fun just to watch the fish.

Offline derrickcw

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2019, 09:38 AM »
I have watched walleye and pickeral just stare at my bait for hours with my camera!

Offline Wild boar 1844

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2019, 01:27 AM »
I’ve used camera for three years now . Bought first flasher this year , and hands down catch more fish off flasher . I guess camera would work if had lakes with really clear water .

Offline johnaronson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2019, 11:34 AM »
one of my buddies had a tournament partner use a camera in the weeds and when smaller crappie went after his jig, he pulled it away from them and when the big ones came in he put  the jig right above them and caught a bunch he as also able to see where the fish were in the weeds  I'm going to have to try it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.