The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: NE lower still holding up  (Read 548 times)

Offline quack

• Team IceShanty Regular
NE lower still holding up
« on: Feb 19, 2024, 09:51 AM »
Took a 2.5hr drive north and found 6-9" of ice. And also some nice fish! Was planning on heading further north but figured I should check some spots along the way and was quite surprised when I pulled into the boat launch and saw fresh sled and wheeler tracks on the lake. Took another few hours to find fish but got into some mid day. Put back 5 or 6 that were over 12" and ended up with 7 around 11" to take home. Also caught a short walleye and decent largie. Forecast looks decent enough I'm heading back next weekend but it might be over after that. Anyway if you're still wanting to get on ice go for a drive and spud around, might be surprised with what you find.

Funniest thing about ice fishing for me is when people who know nothing about ice activities try to warn me about the dangers of the ice...

Offline BudIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: NE lower still holding up
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2024, 04:26 PM »
Solid haul there nice!! 🧊 🎣

Offline Tomcat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2024, 07:02 PM »
I was out last Sunday on a private lake between West Branch and Hale. Amazingly, there was 9 inches of good hard ice although the edge was a bit soft and slushy but no problem getting on . Was able to catch 4 pike on tip-ups and 2 were keepers! Great day on the ice!

Offline quack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2024, 03:46 PM »
Did end up getting out 1 more time on Saturday. Went up and visited a buddy in Cadillac, we ended up fishing lake Mitchell. 6-8" of ice where we were but half of it was frozen slush, tried getting on another spot on little bay and it was about 3" pretty much just frozen slush. Weather was beautiful sunny no wind all morning, ended up with 1 walleye 1 little pike and a bunch of dink perch.
Definitely my last ice outing of the year but if I lived further north I'd be bringing out the boards on Thursday lol

Funniest thing about ice fishing for me is when people who know nothing about ice activities try to warn me about the dangers of the ice...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.