New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Lake Bonaparte Derby  (Read 3089 times)

Offline Fishnhard

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lake Bonaparte Derby
« on: Jan 30, 2007, 06:58 AM »
Derby on Feb. 17, anyone going to it? I've done it the last 4 years, have'nt caught any money fish yet, but always have a blast, and its a pretty well organized derby.I've been lucky enough to win door prizes which in itself is a feat considering there usally is a 1000 or better people on the lake. Let me know if your going.

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
Re: Lake Bonaparte Derby
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2007, 08:49 AM »
where is it ?what kind of fish do you fish for? and how much to enter? :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline Fishnhard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2007, 02:36 PM »
Lake bonaparte is in Harrisville, NY You have to register at the Fire Dept. the morning of, I'm pre-registered but only because I've been doing it for the past 4 years. It is 25.00 for the pike part of it and another 10 to get in the trout, but you have to be entered in the pike to do the trout.they pay out every hour, 500 1st,200 2nd, 100 3rd.and on the trout i think they just pay out the top 3 at end of day...depending on attendance thet pay 1000 to biggest pike. not to mention all the door prizes and 50-50 raffle they do...i think the guy who won the raffle last year got 1300 and the year before 1800. let me know if you have any questions....It is a very good time and I've met alot of nice people from all over at this derby....sounds like I am apart of setting this up but I'm not...just a good time and was curious if anyone was going to it from the shack

Offline willbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ONTARIO NEW YORK
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2007, 03:33 PM »
We went  couple of years ago! The door prizes and raffle prizes are all quality stuff! If I remember right they give out quite a few door prizes to anybody just registered! It is definitely a circus tho! Lots of Clowns!!  ;D

Offline Fishnhard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2007, 04:03 PM »
I agree, there are some nuts that like to take out their 35000 dollar ice shanties and then park them close to one another in parking lot arrangements because we all know that 16 inch ice cant break with several thousand pounds in one area. You are right on with the door prizes though, even when you think its only a tackle box you are winning, you open it and there is bookoo lures, not to mention the power augers canoes poles radios shanties and on and on

Offline willbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ONTARIO NEW YORK
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2007, 04:09 PM »
The year I was there at he end of the derby everyone gathered on the ice!! It wasn't long before DEChad to move it on shore when we all started sinking!!

Offline Fishnhard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2007, 04:18 PM »
LOL... I Was in that group...Nothing like seeing 900 or so guys scatter

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2007, 11:48 AM »
do you have phone numbers or website to pre register? :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline Fishnhard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2007, 02:45 PM »
no...when you fish the derby they take all your info and the following year they send out the reg. forms in the mail then you just mail it back...still have to show up at the fire hall the morning of the derby to sign in and get your tickets they have you put on your tip ups or jigging poles

Offline fishhooks315

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2007, 03:32 PM »
Ive fished this tourney at least 10 times great tourney not alot of fish got to know the lake. lot of people cheat and bring fish ive personally meet people who have and won money, takes fun out of it but great prizes i live 20 mins away  ill post the number tommorow so you can call to register well worth the chance to get a prize

Offline JeffreyKrow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2007, 04:41 PM »
I registered last year and they didn't have it but just gave the prizes away and I still didn't get any.
     I was reading the registration app and noticed that you cant fish inside a shanty while you are jigging. You have to be out in plain view of everone to see. I'm debating to go or not. I'll make my decision sooner or later. It is a costly derby too, since I like to fish trout up there when I go, it costs me $35.00 to get in. Talk later,
   JK

Offline Fishnhard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2007, 06:02 PM »
Yeah, I've heard about the cheating...to bad that couldn't be monitored better. Its a shame for the honest people at the derby. but all in all a good time. After all you dont have a chance if yer at home clickn the remote.Where from Fish?

Offline fishhooks315

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2007, 02:14 PM »
im in carthage outside fort drum about 20 mins form bonapart gonna be big this year lots of ice lots of prizes hope to c yall there

Offline DJ14580

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 03, 2007, 02:20 PM »
do you have phone numbers or website to pre register? :tipup:
if you need the number just send me an email because my dad is the asst. cheif of the fire department that holds the derby

Offline Fishnhard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 09, 2007, 06:21 AM »
Well it looks like I'll have to add the snowblower to my packing list, as Harrisville along with several other spots has gotten bombarded with the snow,I guess theres alot of snow on the lake with possibilities of much more coming by monday morn. Maybe I'll see some of ya out there

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.