Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1683648 times)

Offline Bass Thumb

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #1050 on: Feb 14, 2017, 12:20 AM »
Overton's screwed up my order for a Climate jacket as well. I bet if I had tried to order a less popular color like the brown/camo, I'd probably be getting the jacket, but since I ordered the "in stock" black/gray, I got screwed. Thanks Overton's! What a bush-league operation.

I ordered on the 9th. Had to call them today to see why it hasn't been shipped or why my PayPal payment is still pending. They blamed it all on Striker.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1051 on: Feb 14, 2017, 04:19 AM »
No biggie I ordered mine on 2-7-17  it will be here today.. according to the tracking...  hope it fits or they will have a 5xlt in stock..  not much I can do if it don't fit.. ordered the sI hard water jacket .. in black and gray..

Offline Pike Paralyzer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1052 on: Feb 14, 2017, 05:26 AM »
Has anybody been cancelled by Gander yet, or is it just Overtons? As i'm understanding it they run different warehouses with Overtons in NC and Gander in IN.
Sometimes ya gotta push the sheep through the fence

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1053 on: Feb 14, 2017, 06:17 AM »
My jacket shipped out of saint Paul minestoa.. for gander mtn .. I belive it came out of the stiker ices  ware house or ware there made one or the other..

Offline XhardwaterX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1054 on: Feb 14, 2017, 07:15 AM »
Field Supply still has Frabill I Float jackets and Bibs for $180 with free shipping

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1055 on: Feb 14, 2017, 07:30 AM »
It happened to me earlier this year from Sportsman's Warehouse.   They had the Striker Lake Effect bibs normally $180 on sale for $80.   A week later I get a email saying order was cancelled. I stopped going to the retail store now, screw them...

These retail store businesses are trying to hone in on the internet business but their computers are not equipped to handle the logic of receiving an order and deducting from their inventory and to stop taking the orders when sold out.  So they oversell all this stuff and piss off a lot of people.
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1056 on: Feb 14, 2017, 08:42 AM »
yup I called overtons and they said ships directly from the supplier that they knew nothing said to just wait.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #1057 on: Feb 14, 2017, 11:02 AM »
So has Overton's.  Someone was asleep at the switch.

The problem is that Overton's inventory is actually Gander's. They're coming out of the same warehouse.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1058 on: Feb 14, 2017, 11:54 AM »
It happened to me earlier this year from Sportsman's Warehouse.   They had the Striker Lake Effect bibs normally $180 on sale for $80.   A week later I get a email saying order was cancelled. I stopped going to the retail store now, screw them...

These retail store businesses are trying to hone in on the internet business but their computers are not equipped to handle the logic of receiving an order and deducting from their inventory and to stop taking the orders when sold out.  So they oversell all this stuff and piss off a lot of people.

That's The Nice Thing About Fish usa.COM THEY Have That System in Place.. Hate ordering FROM Bass PRO They Say IN Stock AND Bump yOU To Back Order Three Days later.. cause there just that not smart enough to put a system in place so th hey don't have to back order stuff that why I probally spent a few pay checks worth at fish usa instead of other stores cause of that inventory system.. even when on sale else ware went to fish usa cause of thier inventory data being desplayed.. just makes life that much easier..

Offline crappie55409

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1059 on: Feb 14, 2017, 01:14 PM »
I ordered on the 6th.  Climate jacket in black/grey large size.  I then called back after seeing the UTAH code for an additional 20% and tried to cancel that order before it arrived.  they tried but couldn't cancel so I placed a new order using the code.  I received the jacket from the order on the 6th but my order I placed on the 10th is still pending.  Same jacket but the price was $35 less.  looks like I may have to keep my original order.  Glad I didn't return it already.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #1060 on: Feb 14, 2017, 01:53 PM »
make them price match and keep the first order. you have 30 days and they do price match. even if it is their own pricing.

Offline darkeyez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1061 on: Feb 14, 2017, 02:13 PM »
Has anybody been cancelled by Gander yet, or is it just Overtons? As i'm understanding it they run different warehouses with Overtons in NC and Gander in IN.

Was just looking, the Hardwater Jacket I ordered from Overtons was shipped from St Paul MN, supposed to be here tomorrow, will see!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1062 on: Feb 14, 2017, 02:30 PM »
 Has anyone ever tried to price match at a brick-and-mortar store? I usually have very good luck doing that. As long as the shipping is free and you can prove it to them about the discounts online, usually they go for it with no problem. Just a thought.

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1063 on: Feb 14, 2017, 02:34 PM »
Not many stores have them in stock, plus gander and overtons are listing the items no longer in stock so a store isn't going to price match. My payment is still pending with overtons but I have not received an email stating that the order has been cancelled. Not expecting much now

Offline crappie55409

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1064 on: Feb 14, 2017, 02:46 PM »
make them price match and keep the first order. you have 30 days and they do price match. even if it is their own pricing.

yeah that's what I tried to do initially.  I called the CS rep and explained that I had just placed an order but then saw the UTAH code coupon.  I asked them to apply that price to my already placed order.  She put me on hold and then came back and said something like "that's not a code offered on our website so I cant apply that to your order."  As if it wasn't approved by Overtons or something, like it belonged to someone else.  She said that if it worked then go ahead and use it but she couldn't just give me the price difference.  I thought it was a pretty weird concept that a code could give you a discount on YOUR store website but its someone not a code you support and will allow.  IDK

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #1065 on: Feb 14, 2017, 03:47 PM »

The PM is for regularly priced items only. Sales and Clearance don't apply. The suits are clearanced or on sale.

Offline Pike Paralyzer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1066 on: Feb 14, 2017, 04:01 PM »
The transaction disappeared from my bank account this morning, then later I received the following email. At the very least I will be expecting gander to sell me these bibs next year for the price of 119$.

Hello,

Thank you for choosing Gander Mountain! This email is in regards to the status of your recent order. At this time we are experiencing shipping issues with our vendor, which has delayed your orders shipment time frame. I apologize for this inconvenience. We are currently working on resolving this issue as quickly as possible. As soon as new information is available we will follow back up with you. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. If you have any questions please contact our customer service at 1-888-542-6337. Thank you for your continued patience, and have a great day!

Best,

Elaine T.
Sometimes ya gotta push the sheep through the fence

Offline crappie55409

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1067 on: Feb 14, 2017, 04:16 PM »
The transaction disappeared from my bank account this morning, then later I received the following email. At the very least I will be expecting gander to sell me these bibs next year for the price of 119$.

Hello,

Thank you for choosing Gander Mountain! This email is in regards to the status of your recent order. At this time we are experiencing shipping issues with our vendor, which has delayed your orders shipment time frame. I apologize for this inconvenience. We are currently working on resolving this issue as quickly as possible. As soon as new information is available we will follow back up with you. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. If you have any questions please contact our customer service at 1-888-542-6337. Thank you for your continued patience, and have a great day!

Best,

Elaine T.

gander might not be around next year.....

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1068 on: Feb 14, 2017, 04:47 PM »
Here is my love letter from them:
Hello,

Thank you for your recent order with us.  Unfortunately, we have recently been informed that item 929201 is not available at this time and has been cancelled off of your order.  I apologize for any inconvenience.

We do not charge until your order ships, so you were not charged for this item. You may see an authorization on your account; however, that authorization should drop off within a few days depending on your banking institution. If you used a gift card on this order, a new gift card will be sent to you in the mail for the balance of the cancelled item.  It will ship through the postal service and arrive in 7-10 business days.

Please feel free to contact our customer service department at 888-542-6337 with any further questions or concerns.  Thank you for choosing Gander Mtn and have a great day.

Best,
Elaine T.

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1069 on: Feb 14, 2017, 05:11 PM »
My birthday is around the corner and I showed the Striker Predator coat to my better half as an idea for a gift. My previous Predator coat got stolen with a bunch of my gear so when I seen this for about $100 shipped I was pumped. She ended up ordering it and gave it to me today early. For some reason this one does not seem to be as insulated as my old one, but I obviously dont have it here to compare it to. On the tag it says the item number is 11514 but on thel striker website it says 115100. It also states that its 330d shell and on my tag it says 320. Kind of odd. Im going to gander this weekend and if they have any coats left Im going to compare. If they are different Im going to try to exchange and see if they will let me.

Forgot to mention this was ordered from overtons with the Utah code. Apparently I got lucky and mine actually shipped.

Offline PerchN2040

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1070 on: Feb 14, 2017, 06:25 PM »
Here is my love letter from them:
Hello,

Thank you for your recent order with us.  Unfortunately, we have recently been informed that item 929201 is not available at this time and has been cancelled off of your order.  I apologize for any inconvenience.

We do not charge until your order ships, so you were not charged for this item. You may see an authorization on your account; however, that authorization should drop off within a few days depending on your banking institution. If you used a gift card on this order, a new gift card will be sent to you in the mail for the balance of the cancelled item.  It will ship through the postal service and arrive in 7-10 business days.

Please feel free to contact our customer service department at 888-542-6337 with any further questions or concerns.  Thank you for choosing Gander Mtn and have a great day.

Best,
Elaine T.

Did they just cancel your bibs? or the jacket and bibs? I still have not heard anything. Pretty sure I'm screwed.

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1071 on: Feb 14, 2017, 07:10 PM »

I ordered an item from Gander a couple of weeks ago that was supposed to ship from the distributor within 3-5 business days. Time elapsed, contacted them twice and was told someone would get back to me. Contacted them again after about two weeks and was told my order was cancelled. Terrible customer service in my opinion. This wasn't a hot deal or anything I was paying normal price for an item in stock (allegedly) that I couldn't find on a large online retailer's website that rhymes with bammyzon.

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1072 on: Feb 14, 2017, 07:56 PM »
So far just the bibs, but spoke to them today and he said" it don't look good for your your to be complete" so I'm guessing another sorry email coming

Offline gonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1073 on: Feb 14, 2017, 09:42 PM »
I ended up with two Grey/Black Striker Climate parkas. Size XL  I purchased the original for $159.99 from Overton's and got a better deal on the second from Overton's.  I would sell the one for $160 plus $15 shipping.  Still a great deal if anyone is interested.  PM me or text 701seven99two58four.  Would consider Paypal or make payment and I ship after payment clears bank.  If this is against Iceshanty forum policy feel free to remove.

Offline sincityrednek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1074 on: Feb 15, 2017, 05:56 AM »
I just got 3 Frabill Fenris light action jig rod combos from Dicks sportinggoods for $7.50 each with free shipping.
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline mdrobny

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • common sense is no longer common
« Reply #1075 on: Feb 15, 2017, 11:13 AM »
just got an ESKIMO 949 insulated hub on an auction last nite for $105 in my hand. ($87.00+20% fee, tax)
pretty pumped on that. wasn't looking for a new shanty but will definitely get some use on days the kids, extra guys go or  when walking

Offline bearnoob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1076 on: Feb 15, 2017, 02:47 PM »
I'm starting to sound like a Fleets Farm sales rep but they just keep sending me ads. In any case, $189 for an Eskimo Quickflip seemed pretty reasonable to me.
Hardwater fisherman since 2014. All opinions subject to change as experience increases.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1078 on: Feb 15, 2017, 06:09 PM »
I just got 3 Frabill Fenris light action jig rod combos from Dicks sportinggoods for $7.50 each with free shipping.

Dare to divulge how you got free shipping?

Offline IcePirateJace

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1079 on: Feb 15, 2017, 06:11 PM »
Dare to divulge how you got free shipping?

They were having a free shipping, no minimum deal last few days.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.