Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1686268 times)

Offline joemx1825

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Best Early Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #690 on: Dec 05, 2016, 10:14 AM »
I don't see any deal being better than Dick's Sporting Goods 25% cyber Monday sale they had...I just wish they offered more Ice Fishing gear...They also never charged sales tax so you can save even more!  Keep an eye out, I think they offer it one more time before Christmas..

Offline trundog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #692 on: Dec 05, 2016, 12:14 PM »
I don't see any deal being better than Dick's Sporting Goods 25% cyber Monday sale they had...I just wish they offered more Ice Fishing gear...They also never charged sales tax so you can save even more!

I hit up the 25% off at Dicks for the Marcum flasher for my son.  It showed up Wednesday and I could see the box was sealed with household scotch tape..not a great sign.  Opened it up and there were a few fish scales on the tray, some dried slime on the transducer cable and some pretty deep gouges in the transducer.  Returned it on Friday.  I'll try again at end of season or next cyber Monday.  He gets to use the old B&W lowrance on the homemade stand for another season.

Offline mistertwister

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #693 on: Dec 05, 2016, 12:29 PM »
I hit up the 25% off at Dicks for the Marcum flasher for my son.  It showed up Wednesday and I could see the box was sealed with household scotch tape..not a great sign.  Opened it up and there were a few fish scales on the tray, some dried slime on the transducer cable and some pretty deep gouges in the transducer.  Returned it on Friday.  I'll try again at end of season or next cyber Monday.  He gets to use the old B&W lowrance on the homemade stand for another season.

Dicks wouldn't let you exchange it?

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #694 on: Dec 05, 2016, 12:43 PM »
That's f@cked up.....I'd be more than pissed....insulted.  I'm actually shocked they did that.  Good luck.  Dumb question, but were you buying a refurbished one or brand new?  If new, that's sad they did that.  They're usually much better than that. 
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #695 on: Dec 05, 2016, 12:53 PM »
this is becoming more and more of a problem. it is robbery. that's why places like wally mart checks your id to see if your on the no good list yet or not. best buy is doing it too.

worst problem here tho is no one bothered to check the condition of what was being shipped out first.

Offline trundog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #696 on: Dec 05, 2016, 12:58 PM »
That's f@cked up.....I'd be more than pissed....insulted.  I'm actually shocked they did that.  Good luck.  Dumb question, but were you buying a refurbished one or brand new?  If new, that's sad they did that.  They're usually much better than that.

New was the only option, I am always leery of refurbished.  It shipped from a store or warehouse in Mass. The look on the young ladies face at the customer service desk was almost worth the hassle when I showed her the scales and slime

Offline GBR

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #697 on: Dec 05, 2016, 01:01 PM »

Very minimum, they should send you one that isn't messed up. They should also knock something off the price or give you a gift card. Even if it was refurbished it should be clean and free of defects.

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #698 on: Dec 05, 2016, 01:09 PM »
Not a great deal but Thorne Bros does have one of the best prices I've seen on the Black Betty Freefall.  They are at $99 vs. $110 pretty much everywhere else. 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline Nysportxman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #699 on: Dec 05, 2016, 04:49 PM »
this is becoming more and more of a problem. it is robbery. that's why places like wally mart checks you id to see if your on the no good list yet or not. best buy is doing it too.

worst problem here tho is no one bothered to check the condition of what was being shipped out first.

I had a similar experience with Dicks Sporting Goods over the summer.  Ordered a Shimano Stradic Ci4+ 3000 on clearance from them.  When I opened up the box I could immediately tell that it was a used reel.  There were scuff marks on the spool and a few places on the reel.  Not to mention it was dis-assembled.  Maybe their definition of clearance meant used.

Shipped it right back the next day and complained to corporate.  They ended up paying me off by giving me extra bonus points for my trouble.  I know it's not the same price as a "new" flasher, but it really pisses me off when you're paying several hundred dollars for an item and you get mailed something used.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #700 on: Dec 05, 2016, 05:33 PM »
I had a bad experience staying at the Memphis bass pro  (pyramid)this summer ,  I won't get into details wrote a scathing letter to corporate
 Ended up getting phone call , a letter of apology and a $250.00 gift card , they cared and thanked me for the heads up
Sometimes corporate needs to hear this kind of thing , and send some pics

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #701 on: Dec 05, 2016, 06:51 PM »
Had similar issues with bass pro on a on line order  they would not cancel...  I was bumped to back order status for one by them..  the item said in stock when i ordered it .. for two they used some claim that any thing over $5 they can't cancel... that is when I was going to say fine..  but that's when I discovered the operator at bass pro locked me out of my account tried entering password several times as was denied access to the account found out the only way to get in touch is by phone at that point.. and there still denying it that's when started boycotting bass pro.. so they lost my business cause of this.. last time I shopped there was in 2012 some time almost went to the bank to enter a stop payment well the order shipped and was late for the persons birth day that was envolved.. no biggie .. but still going to boycott them and cabelas now that they own them..

Offline Speeddmn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #702 on: Dec 06, 2016, 07:59 AM »
Well the last few posts were in the negative about some shops. So I shall give you a good positive that happened to me yesterday.

Saw Sheels had their Ice fishing flyer online, with a Mr buddy portable heater on sale for 69.99, the closest Sheels is 45 mins or so south of me. Well I called up Sportsmans Warehouse that is much closer to me and asked if they would price match, they said yes. I hopped in my pickup drove over and grabbed one, plus a few more things.... So I finally got me a Mr Buddy heater and can off load my sunflower and not drag a giant propane tank with me...

Offline prosty41

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #703 on: Dec 06, 2016, 08:06 AM »
There will always be good and bad experiences with every retail store. Too many human variables!

Offline joemx1825

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #704 on: Dec 06, 2016, 09:04 AM »
There will always be good and bad experiences with every retail store. Too many human variables!
especially on the 4 busiest online shopping days of the year...imagine the chaos in the warehouses those days as orders try to get out..

Offline prosty41

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #705 on: Dec 06, 2016, 10:22 AM »
especially on the 4 busiest online shopping days of the year...imagine the chaos in the warehouses those days as orders try to get out..

👍🏻

Offline Firefightertom32

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hug a firefighter and feel warm all over.

Offline Oly

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HEY! Your Bobbers Down!
« Reply #707 on: Dec 06, 2016, 05:12 PM »
www.FishUSA.com

Buy 3 FISKAS Wolfram Jigs - GET 1 FREE!! - Deal of the Day 12/6 only!!
Tight lines and Heavy Buckets!

Jamie "Oly" Olson

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #708 on: Dec 06, 2016, 06:52 PM »
thanks for doing it!

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #709 on: Dec 06, 2016, 07:49 PM »
www.FishUSA.com

Buy 3 FISKAS Wolfram Jigs - GET 1 FREE!! - Deal of the Day 12/6 only!!

Thumbs up thanks for useing a sponsor.. I just ordered a ice rod a ice blue pro ul.. and some yozuri minnows for soft water bass .. they sent a sweet sticker and a 10 dollar off of 50 with that order of stuff one of the finest stores you will ever find.. wish I lived closer to see their show room first hand!!

Offline BlueSail

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #710 on: Dec 06, 2016, 08:55 PM »
""www.FishUSA.com
Buy 3 FISKAS Wolfram Jigs - GET 1 FREE!! - Deal of the Day 12/6 only!!""

Sweet deal , I just ordered a handful and then a few more items to get the free shipping!

On another note--Bought Mooska Hard Rock jigs from Cabela's, got them and the eyes do not glow in the dark as advertised...Cabela's customer service told me to keep them, and refunded my $$, Great job Cabela's customer service. Bad Mooska jigs  >:( I'll use them in bright light conditions, was hopping to use more glow jigs this year.
 Bill

Offline El Matador

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #711 on: Dec 07, 2016, 03:06 PM »
Gander Mtn has $50 off $250 through today Dec 7.  I scored some Climate bibs for $209.95 with free shipping.  You can also get $20 off $100 or $100 off $500.

Offline trundog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #713 on: Dec 08, 2016, 09:09 AM »
Cabela's put 150 ice fishing items an sale in the bargain cave this morning.  Including $200 off Humminbird® Ice 688ci HD Sonar Combo to $399

Offline Firefightertom32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #714 on: Dec 11, 2016, 07:00 AM »
Check farm fleet for some good ice deals
Hug a firefighter and feel warm all over.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #715 on: Dec 11, 2016, 07:19 AM »
I picked up two Marcum LX-5I for 250.00 each at Gander Mountain. Also pair of Striker bibs for 80.00

Offline gonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #716 on: Dec 11, 2016, 07:28 AM »
I picked up two Marcum LX-5I for 250.00 each at Gander Mountain. Also pair of Striker bibs for 80.00

In store or online?  If in store where?  That is an amazing deal.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #717 on: Dec 11, 2016, 03:40 PM »
For those IS member looking for SI deals

20% off $300

http://www.overtons.com/

http://www.overtons.com/search/striker%20ice 
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #718 on: Dec 11, 2016, 03:40 PM »

What..... that's a $500 flasher.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #719 on: Dec 11, 2016, 04:48 PM »

Picked up a lowrance elite 5x hdI for $186.18 used $100 in gift cards and got $100 in rebates last night only sale ended last night at midnight.  So I only paid $86.18 out the door for the unit..but the mapping is like $200 for it so I will look around  see what else is avaible for mapping .. original price was $500 on this unit plus mapping of $200 so total is a $700 value to bad sale ended like two mintues  ago when i came in here last night after buying it .. or I would have posted it in here..  i checked out at 11:55 pm .. i got it at gandermtn.Com so watch those sales!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.