Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1688285 times)

Offline GoldenGraham

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Best Early Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #390 on: Oct 20, 2016, 01:12 PM »
I too thought I'd toss my hat in the ring, got 3 on order, not holding my breath haha. Worst case I'll get a refund, best case I'll be wading through a pile of shacks trying to get to my front door.  ;)

Offline Flagging

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #391 on: Oct 20, 2016, 01:59 PM »
Just a bit of warning on those 3rd party sellers, the process for refunding money can be a lot more tedious and can involve a claim process through Amazon, as opposed to buying directly from Amazon.  When you buy through a third party, the funds can be transferred right away to the 3rd party as opposed to buying through Amazon fulfilled items where the money is not charged until shipping.

With that said, I placed an order one one of these the first round last week and the money was refunded right away.

Offline scmuskies

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #392 on: Oct 20, 2016, 02:01 PM »
Earlier this summer I got an Otter 650xt Cottage, Clam Voyager TCX, and Frabill Citadel for $800 for all three and all new in box on a Cabela's bargain cave score.  I only wanted the Otter to begin with, but they wanted them gone and were willing to deal.

sc

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #393 on: Oct 20, 2016, 02:52 PM »
Just a bit of warning on those 3rd party sellers, the process for refunding money can be a lot more tedious and can involve a claim process through Amazon, as opposed to buying directly from Amazon.  When you buy through a third party, the funds can be transferred right away to the 3rd party as opposed to buying through Amazon fulfilled items where the money is not charged until shipping.

With that said, I placed an order one one of these the first round last week and the money was refunded right away.

I wonder what is "in this" for the fake seller?  Do they hope that a few buyers forget to request refunds on the item?  Are they just gathering Amazon user info?  I don't really see why anyone would take the time to sell stuff they don't really have any intention of ever delivering? 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline crappie55409

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #394 on: Oct 20, 2016, 03:40 PM »
I wonder what is "in this" for the fake seller?  Do they hope that a few buyers forget to request refunds on the item?  Are they just gathering Amazon user info?  I don't really see why anyone would take the time to sell stuff they don't really have any intention of ever delivering?

Honestly the fact that they have reposted now 3x with new prices that are still clearly well below selling point level tells me its a scam.  Fool me once shame on you.....   If it had been a simple type mistake it would have been corrected to the proper amount not a dollar more.   Im not sure what they are getting out of it but its possible they make money from those that forget to get a refund or are too lazy to pursue it and or they are able to gather personal information for the purposes of selling it to cold callers or other advertising scams.  I would stay away.

Offline Panfisher78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #395 on: Oct 20, 2016, 03:54 PM »
It's a scam. I ordered one the other day when they were $9.88.  The
next day my order was cancelled

Offline guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #396 on: Oct 20, 2016, 05:32 PM »
I just placed an order for one - $13.88 for a hub  if it's true -  I will feel bad I did not buy more.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #397 on: Oct 20, 2016, 05:55 PM »
sounds to good to be true..

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #398 on: Oct 20, 2016, 06:00 PM »
sounds to good to be true..

Exactly my thoughts, obviously there is something in it for them (seller)..

<°)))>{

Offline IcePirateJace

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #399 on: Oct 20, 2016, 06:08 PM »
Update on the order I placed on Amazon. Got my stuff in the mail and opened up my new rod. I had ordered the white noise for 25$ which I felt was a decent deal but not amazing. Well, it was labeled white noise on the package but they sent a white out. That's a great deal for a 60$ combo!

Offline javabone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #400 on: Oct 20, 2016, 06:11 PM »
Update on the order I placed on Amazon. Got my stuff in the mail and opened up my new rod. I had ordered the white noise for 25$ which I felt was a decent deal but not amazing. Well, it was labeled white noise on the package but they sent a white out. That's a great deal for a 60$ combo!

That's awesome!  I had that happen this summer with a combo,.  I just wanted the reel from the white noise combo, it was like $11 at the time, they sent white out combo.  Wish I had ordered more....

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #401 on: Oct 24, 2016, 07:46 AM »
Striker Ice Transporter Bag $99...other retailers have them @ $129 ..hurry these bags go quick

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=72538276&kw=striker+ice+transporter&origkw=striker+ice+transporter&redirectfrmcatfam=true&frmSearch=true

Add a .99 cent item

$20 off $100 today only

have at it gang
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #402 on: Oct 24, 2016, 09:57 AM »
Striker Ice Transporter Bag $99...other retailers have them @ $129 ..hurry these bags go quick

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=72538276&prodFindSrc=cart

Add a .99 cent item

$20 off $100 today only

have at it gang

Got one! Thanks for the heads up. I added a pack of split shot to break the $100 mark.
I will probably b sleeping on the couch tonight.

Offline Gator800r

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #403 on: Oct 24, 2016, 10:05 AM »

Offline crappie55409

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline gonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #405 on: Oct 24, 2016, 03:02 PM »
L&M Fleet stores have the Otter XT1200 Pro Lodge for $750 plus tax regular price.  Online price may be different.

Offline crappie55409

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #406 on: Oct 24, 2016, 08:58 PM »
L&M Fleet stores have the Otter XT1200 Pro Lodge for $750 plus tax regular price.  Online price may be different.

L&M fleet often has very good prices

Offline Bengals1013

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #407 on: Oct 25, 2016, 03:10 AM »
My order of the 3 Elkton pop up houses shipped!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #408 on: Oct 25, 2016, 03:38 AM »

That's fantastic!! Keep us posted.... :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline Zachery80

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #409 on: Oct 25, 2016, 04:24 AM »

Same here. Notification says that they should arrive this week.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #410 on: Oct 25, 2016, 05:01 AM »
We definitely want to hear about those when you get them!! Almost sounded too good to be true!  :o
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #411 on: Oct 25, 2016, 06:17 AM »

Goofy things happen when you order from the Amazon sellers.   I ordered a Fulton plastic boat trailer fender.  I opened the box and when I pulled it out I saw another one sitting in the box.   I debated whether to let them know and send it back...it sat in the garage for a couple months.  I finally decided to just throw it on a shelf in the garage.  Pulled it out of the original box and low and behold there was another one under it!  Somebody shipped me 3 boat fenders!
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #412 on: Oct 25, 2016, 07:55 AM »
still waiting on my order of two of those huts.

i also placed an order for one 40$ columbia brand black bucket hat from columbia and they shipped me a case/bag of 25. been giving them out ever since. it's not my job to do theirs.

columbia has a  point system like best buy where you spend so much to get columbia money. they sent me an email the night it expired and so i tried to use it that morning and they said sorry. so no, i don't feel bad for that company at all when they make a mistake.

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #413 on: Oct 25, 2016, 07:58 AM »
I just learned about this deal off of another site so I thought that I would pass it along. goicefish.com currently has 3 packs of tungsten jigs on sale for $0.99 a piece with free shipping. There are two different sizes and you can order up to 3 of each different size at this price. I can't comment on the quality of them but I figure for the $3.96 that I spent for 12 tungsten jigs it is worth the risk. They are about half way down on page 3 under the accessories tab follow the link below.
http://goicefish.com/accessories-3/?sort=featured&page=3

Offline crappie55409

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #414 on: Oct 25, 2016, 08:50 AM »
I just learned about this deal off of another site so I thought that I would pass it along. goicefish.com currently has 3 packs of tungsten jigs on sale for $0.99 a piece with free shipping. There are two different sizes and you can order up to 3 of each different size at this price. I can't comment on the quality of them but I figure for the $3.96 that I spent for 12 tungsten jigs it is worth the risk. They are about half way down on page 3 under the accessories tab follow the link below.
http://goicefish.com/accessories-3/?sort=featured&page=3

I just found that on IDO also and placed an order.  was going here to share and I guess you beat me to it lol

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #415 on: Oct 25, 2016, 08:55 AM »
18 tungsten ice jigs to your door for 5.94$ is a nice deal. thanks for the share! mine are on the way also. they will make good spares if friends need one at least.

Offline crappie55409

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #416 on: Oct 25, 2016, 09:07 AM »
18 tungsten ice jigs to your door for 5.94$ is a nice deal. thanks for the share! mine are on the way also. they will make good spares if friends need one at least.

that's what I was thinking too lol.  I have a fishing buddy that is the cheapest SOB and refuses to buy tungsten jigs because of the price, claiming he can catch just as many as me with his lead jigs.  well even when I repeatedly catch more with the tungsten he stays stubborn and cheap.  I figure next time we are out ill hand him a bag of these.

Offline cylegreen

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Best Late Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #417 on: Oct 25, 2016, 09:46 AM »
For an insulated shelter and a lifetime warranty on the poles and hubs, free shipping and a floor, Polar Bird is worth a look.   

http://polarbird.com/

The shelters are more expensive than comparable (size) Eskimo, Clam, and Otters.  They say the insulated floor is "free."  I'd be willing to give it a shot if it were $100 cheaper since I'm not convinced an insulated floor is the way to go.  What makes this hub worth the extra money?  Very curious since I'm in the market for a 4-person hub.
My gear:

Marcum LX-9
Otter XT Cabin
Frabill Bunker 310
10" Eskimo propane HC40

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #418 on: Oct 25, 2016, 10:35 AM »
All those tungsten jigs say out of stock now, they went pretty quick!

Offline crappie55409

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Best Late Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #419 on: Oct 25, 2016, 10:39 AM »
The shelters are more expensive than comparable (size) Eskimo, Clam, and Otters.  They say the insulated floor is "free."  I'd be willing to give it a shot if it were $100 cheaper since I'm not convinced an insulated floor is the way to go.  What makes this hub worth the extra money?  Very curious since I'm in the market for a 4-person hub.

There is a current thread on polarbird that has good information.  Would rather keep this thread open for posting deals on gear

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.