The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: VT tourney cheater  (Read 11004 times)

Offline ICE_HOOK

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish now or never !!!!!!!
Re: Cheating fisherman
« Reply #30 on: Mar 02, 2015, 01:37 PM »
That "post" I believe you are referring to is a Picture of him holding a crappie with some captions superimposed over the top.  Says his name and that he is a cheater and is banned from all fishing tournaments.  That was NOT his doing.....just to be clear.  Somebody pulled that pic off his facebook page and added the captions and re-posted it.  The guy didn't have his FB page set to private, so anybody could snipe one of his pics.  The statement was proven true (by the video evidence) so it's not slander or libel.  Probably a little further than I would have gone, but this issue has a lot of people pretty hot.  Nobody likes a cheater.....unless they are also a cheater....then they probably will defend the guy.
I thought he was going a little overboard posting something like that! Hats off to the person who posted the captions of him being a cheater! Thanks! Glad I saw it before it got pulled!

Offline bigcat61

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Mar 02, 2015, 02:01 PM »
they should have taken all his electronics and jig poles
and raffled them off on the ice shanty site

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Mar 02, 2015, 02:58 PM »
I saw the video.
It's proof and an admission if I've ever seen it!
Does anyone know if he is a user here?
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #33 on: Mar 02, 2015, 03:15 PM »
I saw the video.

Saw it too.  Terrible...

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Mar 02, 2015, 03:30 PM »
There also was a little cheating up north as well this weekend  they cut open a couple of perch and they had sucked down a couple of sounders.......wth

Catching big fish is like winning the door prize!
Have to be there to win!!!!

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Mar 02, 2015, 03:39 PM »
Yep, and Alewives too big to fit in their mouths.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Mar 02, 2015, 03:47 PM »
The video can easily be found if you can find the tournament director anywhere.  ??? ::) ;D
James Vladyka runs the CVHT tournament series. If you can find James' name on other outlets... You can find the video of him outing the cheater on Bomaseen.
Note for those of us that skim.  ;) James BUSTED the cheater. 
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline fishermarsh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Mar 02, 2015, 04:09 PM »
The guy got what he deserved.  Complete and utter public embarrassment.  I doubt anyone will see him on the ice for a long time.

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Mar 02, 2015, 04:47 PM »
I saw the video.

He might be, I know he fishes with bigwiggle.
I love clipboard man

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Mar 02, 2015, 04:57 PM »
I'd bet the admins are in on it.....  Not sure why you guys are so surprised.  This happens in nearly EVERY derby around.  It's what happens when you involve a little cash.

Yes, but in this case he was caught red handed on video.  And to make matters worse, he then posted on a VT ice fishing website bragging what he had caught.  Someone confronted him on it and he made snide remarks, laughing about it.  That's why this has blown up as big as it has.  Get caught, put your head down and apologize, maybe if he showed remorse in a few years they'd let him return.  But the fact he's bragging about it and laughing like it's a joke is what has people so many irate.
I love clipboard man

Offline Chippy1678

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Mar 02, 2015, 05:07 PM »
It's a shame that people have to cheat for a few hundred bucks. Just as bad as stealing from people and stores!

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Mar 02, 2015, 05:22 PM »
i'm surprised there wasnt a bomo beat down.

Offline tracker one

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • if you ain't gonna eat em,throw em back
« Reply #42 on: Mar 02, 2015, 05:58 PM »
video can be found at Jamie Vladyka/fishhounds outdoors on facebook

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Re: VT tourney cheater
« Reply #43 on: Mar 02, 2015, 06:21 PM »
I moved the original back to here and combined it with this thread.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it was easy they would call it catching
« Reply #44 on: Mar 02, 2015, 06:56 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap:  Serves him right.  Should have let him "enter" then bust his a$$ in front of everyone at the tourney when it ended. 
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline thefishingweatherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Mar 02, 2015, 09:08 PM »
Allow your friendly neighborhood computer nerd to repost this for your viewing convenience:

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5VaV4cLWSS9WE5xRmhCOE9ET2M/view?usp=sharing

Original post on facebook, complete with colorful commentary: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1031164083579890

Offline 77tech

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Mar 02, 2015, 09:27 PM »
Couple of guys in Iowa didn't get off so easy they are facing felony theft by deception charges as they should be.

http://wired2fish.scout.com/story/1520902-alleged-fishing-tournament-cheaters-charged?s=537

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • im a die hard ice fishing addict 'nuff said
« Reply #47 on: Mar 02, 2015, 09:48 PM »
For every one cheater caught there are ten that don't get caught ! ::)
agreed. i dont do derbies at all seems like awaste of money to me i am glad however they caught the DUMBBASS and DQ'd him.
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline fishing is life

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Mar 03, 2015, 09:29 AM »
It's a shame people like this do the things they do. They take away the fun for all by cheating.

Offline ICE_HOOK

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish now or never !!!!!!!
« Reply #49 on: Mar 03, 2015, 09:40 AM »
He is old enough to know better! Late 20's! Maybe he will learn his lesson by this , he needs to take an ethical course or something.

Offline ISLAND STORM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Mar 03, 2015, 02:00 PM »
I wonder if that guy is from around the area or not. I cant imagine having to show my face anywhere in town after that BS.
My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Tight lines and be safe.

Offline Chippy1678

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Mar 03, 2015, 02:03 PM »
I wonder if that guy is from around the area or not. I cant imagine having to show my face anywhere in town after that BS.

I agree! Big wiggle whats the deal with the guy? I see pictures and posts about you with him.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #52 on: Mar 03, 2015, 02:15 PM »
Glad he got caught great job James Vladyka

X2   Unbelievable!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #53 on: Mar 03, 2015, 02:15 PM »
I agree! Big wiggle whats the deal with the guy? I see pictures and posts about you with him.
          Been pretty quiet lately!!

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Mar 03, 2015, 02:28 PM »
Well, that's a shame and there is no excuse. But as George W. Bush once said "When I was young and irresponsible I was young and irresponsible." Hopefully he learned a valuable lesson. But, speaking for myself, I made some really bad choices at that time in my life too. I'm guessing I'm not alone on that.
Ice fishing is a social activity that may occasionally be interrupted by the catching of fish.

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Mar 03, 2015, 02:46 PM »
I love how people are bringing wiggle into this like hes some sort of accomplice. Who cares if they've fished together?  What this guy does on his own time is none of wiggles business obviously. If wiggle were with him while he was caught then I could understand the reasoning behind it.  Just because people know and fish with this cheater does not automatically mean they do the same.

Offline Chippy1678

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Mar 03, 2015, 03:03 PM »
I love how people are bringing wiggle into this like hes some sort of accomplice. Who cares if they've fished together?  What this guy does on his own time is none of wiggles business obviously. If wiggle were with him while he was caught then I could understand the reasoning behind it.  Just because people know and fish with this cheater does not automatically mean they do the same.

I don't think any of us said big wiggle cheated... He would have to fish a tournament to cheat. I'm pretty sure it was stated they know each other and he might be able to shed some light on his intentions. 

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #57 on: Mar 03, 2015, 03:18 PM »
what a D-bag, I sent him a message saying if he tried that here, he'd go home with 6 perch in his rear end.

Offline tracker one

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • if you ain't gonna eat em,throw em back
« Reply #58 on: Mar 03, 2015, 03:35 PM »
last I heard from wiggle,he was in the ER with pneumonia,hope he's better soon and NO, he did not fish this tourney

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Mar 03, 2015, 03:45 PM »
he has been on ice shanty ny asking questions about ny laws. he says he now lives in queensbury ny with his girlfreind. last i knew he was in glens falls hospital with pneumonia to. dont know him except for his videos but but seems like a fishing addict to me.  check the ice shanty reports and you might find more info on him.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.