The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: The Big slammer perch are Back at lake bomoseen  (Read 13729 times)

Offline perchslayer1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: The Big slammer perch are Back at lake bomoseen
« Reply #30 on: Jan 25, 2012, 04:52 PM »
you can get little attom nuggies and fiskas localy at toms bait shop support your local businesses.         andrew

Offline got1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 25, 2012, 05:47 PM »
so what are nuggies.....

Offline dylan8351

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Its got some weight to it!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 25, 2012, 06:06 PM »
so what are nuggies.....

Did you read any of the links above?
I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money. You can keep "The Change"

Offline fishnmachine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 25, 2012, 06:32 PM »
so what are nuggies.....
Not exactly sure, but from what I hear, "Boy, do they catch fish!!!"  :tipup:
                           One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.

Offline Troutmagnet

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 25, 2012, 07:51 PM »
Ok for the all of you that are wonder what Nuggies are here are few web site where you can buy these and get a idea of what these plastics look like . Also Toms bait shop has these for sale in castleton

http://www./mainplastics.html

https://www./store/product_info.php?products_id=193

http://www.fishingurus.com/Nuggies*pID_393-products_details

http://www.thornebros.com/shop/pc/Little-Atom-Jumbo-Nuggies-p15642.htm

Copy and paste the links into your browser url section on the top. Good Luck
Thanks Bigwiggle. Can't wait to give these guys a shot. Do you have any preferred colors??

Offline Troutmagnet

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Jan 25, 2012, 08:19 PM »
Wow, not only are there a lot of color options there is also three sizes of Nuggies - Micro, Regular, and Jumbo....what to do??? ??? ???

Offline perchslayer1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 25, 2012, 08:45 PM »
i would recomend the medium size glow and glow red nuggies and a red or black with glow spots fiskas size 5mm thats what i use for perch.                                                        andrew

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
« Reply #37 on: Jan 26, 2012, 06:21 AM »
i would take the advice of perch slayer.. he is using excately what i am using for nuggies ... the glows and all red are my favorite in the regular size.. i might try the micro nuggies for smelt  this year when i go to magog in newport VT... Good luck
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 26, 2012, 12:17 PM »
i am going out this weekend who's going with me? Just shoot me a PM if interested. take care
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Passing along the traditions
« Reply #39 on: Jan 26, 2012, 12:22 PM »
Joe: I am impressed at your "cool under fire", anyone with rank less than a Captain would have gotten pissy right off the bat. You handle yourself well AND i see you are willing to put your money where your mouth is so way to go!

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 26, 2012, 01:41 PM »
Thanks Lavman.. i get just as much pleasure seeing people reel in fish as i would especially kids because they are future .. thanks Again

Offline Troutmagnet

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Jan 26, 2012, 05:44 PM »
i would recomend the medium size glow and glow red nuggies and a red or black with glow spots fiskas size 5mm thats what i use for perch.                                                        andrew
Thanks for sharing info Perchslayer.

Offline Troutmagnet

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Jan 26, 2012, 05:45 PM »
i would take the advice of perch slayer.. he is using excately what i am using for nuggies ... the glows and all red are my favorite in the regular size.. i might try the micro nuggies for smelt  this year when i go to magog in newport VT... Good luck
Thanks again Bigwiggle.

Offline CrappieVermonter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 26, 2012, 07:04 PM »
Dying to go out but I'm in the middle of moving this weekend so good luck .show some pics if you get the biggens

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Jan 27, 2012, 10:35 AM »
if anyone goes out today on Bomo.. please let me know what the ice conditions are. i plan to fish sat and Sunday out there.. Thanks

Offline VTSkeeter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 27, 2012, 06:07 PM »
Hey Bigwiggle, I saw the funniest thing I have ever seen yesterday on Bomo, just south of Eckley's.  There was a line of about 20 fisherman stretching from the east shore to the west shore.  I watched this sight for about an hour and it appeared to me that they were looking for your hot spot for those big perch you found.  They started near the point and were gradually working there way south. towards the Crystal Beach area.  It kinda looked like a "fish drive" if you know what I mean.  I had to laugh.  It must of been a coordinated effort because they all moved about the same distance each time they moved and cut new holes.  I figured they hadn't found them yet or they would have circled the area and slaughtered the school that is there.  But one never knows unless you were there.  Me, I live on the lake.  I fish it about 3-4 times a week and love fishing for perch.  I won't be anywhere near Bomo this weekend.  I hate fishing in a crowd........

Offline DamYankee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 27, 2012, 08:08 PM »
Hey Bigwiggle, I saw the funniest thing I have ever seen yesterday on Bomo, just south of Eckley's.  There was a line of about 20 fisherman stretching from the east shore to the west shore.  I watched this sight for about an hour and it appeared to me that they were looking for your hot spot for those big perch you found.  They started near the point and were gradually working there way south. towards the Crystal Beach area.  It kinda looked like a "fish drive" if you know what I mean.  I had to laugh.  It must of been a coordinated effort because they all moved about the same distance each time they moved and cut new holes.  I figured they hadn't found them yet or they would have circled the area and slaughtered the school that is there.  But one never knows unless you were there.  Me, I live on the lake.  I fish it about 3-4 times a week and love fishing for perch.  I won't be anywhere near Bomo this weekend.  I hate fishing in a crowd........

Well said! 
I'd rather be fishing!

Offline IsomBay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Jan 27, 2012, 08:41 PM »
When synchronized jigging meets musical chairs!

Offline fishnmachine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Jan 27, 2012, 10:43 PM »
What's the old saying?  Loose lips sink ships..........and draw big crowds.....and kill good fishing!!! But you know, they fill guided trips, too. Aye, Capt.? Don't know anyone's intent at all, but, hypothetically, if that was the case, this isn't the forum for that. Just sayin' is all. Good fishin.....peace out... :tipup:
                           One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Jan 28, 2012, 08:52 AM »
You guys crack me up . If i can help out a few fishermen catch more fish then so be it. I did Fishing charters on lake champlain for years and to see people catch fish is great thrill for me especially kids. You Guys sound like a few pople are going destroy the perch population on lake Bomoseen becuase they catch a few fish when i know for a fact there are thousands and thousands of nice perch in the lake. Besides when i do go fishing  i do practice catch and relese and selective harvesting. I only keep what i can eat and i never get greedy , not like some of these Commercial fishermen i have seen on lake champlain and Bomo that will fill a bucket of fish and then come back out and get more , just for a few extra dollors and Notrice i said SOME COMMERCIAL FISHERMAN. Anyways i will be out there today sometime and if i see i few poeple out there , then great i look forward to chatting with them. Good Luck

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Jan 28, 2012, 05:57 PM »
I went out today at bomo , but the fishing was tough only caught 2 few from 2 to 4:30 and they were averge size perch about 9-10 inches. the Water was little dirty then before from the rain we had. so that might of had something to do with it. But i will be going out tomorrow , to see if i can get into the slammer perch. take care

Offline mempfree

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Jan 28, 2012, 06:38 PM »
Cpt Joe, I always, wanted to Scuba Dive, but never had done it yet.  Must be alot of fun!  I got alot of ear issues, so I would have to wear ear plugs, if I did.  Ha, ha.  I also, would like to sky-dive, but, I am scared of hights!  I probley could go with another person.  I would have no choice then, when it came time to exit the airplane, ha, ha!  I was stationed at Ft. Benning, Ga, back in the early 1980's, where they train you, to go Airborne.  I was stationed out, at Harmony Church, next to the Ft. Benning Ranger Battalion.  I was a Supply Sgt/Armor, in a Infantry Training Bde.  There were a couple of ponds out there, that I heard, were filled with bass, but never got to fish them.  To busy at work!  Ha, ha.  Those were the days. ;D

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Jan 28, 2012, 06:56 PM »
if you cant go scuba diveing, snorkle is just as fun and easier to do . i do allot snorkleing on Bomo with my son and God son and they  love it ..Saw some monster Bass in there  by Rabbit island . there is a sunken Boat house right off the tip of rabbit island on the southern end of the isaland maybe 10 yards from shore and what awesome place for bass to hide. i saw Three bass in there last year that were giants and one was like 5 pounds , 4-5 pound smallmouth and a monster that i swear to god was pushing ten I crap you not!!!! it was awesome to watch them and how they behaved..

Offline VTSkeeter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Jan 30, 2012, 06:41 AM »
Apparently Capt Joe "the Mob" I saw on Bomo and reported here on Thursday had read your thread and caught your fish.  This happened last year too.  Bomo is a good size lake but fishes small.  You might want to bring your crowd to Lake Champlain since you did some 'guiding' there and probably have some hot spots for perch you can share with all of us.  We were on the big Lake this weekend and we caught perch all day long.  We had plenty of "hook setting" room too.  Bright colored igs tipped with maggots and micro-Nuggies, 25-30 ft.  Shallower fish were smaller.  Had to work them but they would bite.  Most of the fish were in the 8-11" range but we had a few that were up to 13".  Caught some giant sunfish and few smallmouth bass that we returned.  You just need to cover a lot of water and drill a lot of holes.  ;)

Offline dave bartlett

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Jan 30, 2012, 10:01 AM »
      Bigwiggle,
I was out on Bomo Sunday until 2:30 and there was nobody within 250 yards of me except a guy and his son in Eckley Bay whom i knew and the same straight West of me who were very friendly fisherman who came over and chatted with us a few times.Where you told me to go was not the same place you were.If that was you in the middle with the other 4 or 5 guys you were probably a good 3 to 400 yards from me.We did manage to get 4 perch,2,  8 or 9 inchers  and then two 13 or so inchers on tip ups.One being scarred with teeth marks and 3/4'rs of it's dorsal fin ripped off.I was also at least 150 yards from eckley point.I had the 4 wheeler.Good luck fishing.

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Jan 30, 2012, 02:11 PM »
dave .. Glad to hear you some perch on Sunday. i wasn't out there Sunday because i went Waterbury Reservoir instead. i was out there on Saturday but only managed to catch 2 big slammers 12 and 13 incher. if saw guys way out in the middle on Sunday i would of been fishing more north of them , that's where i have my best luck for those slammers. . i am plan on going next Sunday out there, maybe i will see you there.,.

Offline booner1108

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Where are they Gord?
« Reply #56 on: Jan 31, 2012, 04:49 AM »
VTseeker:
      I was part of the "mob" you saw out there Sunday, most us have fished Bomo for over 20 years, and we would have fished that area with or without Capt Joes thread. By the way 95% of us out there last weekend eat what we catch.

Offline VTSkeeter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Jan 31, 2012, 05:26 AM »
If you read my post I was commenting on the mob I saw on Bomo on Thursday afternoon, not Sunday.  I was not on the lake Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday.  I didn't say you dodn't eat your fish.  I simply pointed out that there was a crowd.  I prefer not to fish in a crowd.  2-6 guys is fine for me but 20-50 and I would rather be someplace else.  You can do as you please.  Good Luck and have fun.

Offline booner1108

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Where are they Gord?
« Reply #58 on: Jan 31, 2012, 07:21 AM »
I read your post, it just seems like there a lot of negativety on this thread towards the guys jigging Bomo, I agree with you about crowds,
I hate catching fish and having someone else drilling in my back pocket, but until I retire it is what is. Couple more years.....

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Jan 31, 2012, 03:57 PM »
so who is fishing Sunday on Bomo with me ???  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.