The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: snow  (Read 4899 times)

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Passing along the traditions
Re: snow
« Reply #30 on: Feb 03, 2011, 11:08 AM »
I plan on fishing Sunday. Banking on my snowmobile getting me out with shanty in tow. Heck I may just use it to check my flags.........in my 10" holes.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Champlaingler

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I hate snow!!!
« Reply #31 on: Feb 03, 2011, 05:14 PM »
I'm fairly new to ice fishing, and was wondering integrity issues I should watch for?
-Dave

Offline RipSomeLips22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Feb 03, 2011, 07:22 PM »
integrity issues? i am but a mear  fisherman will have to explain. lol!

Offline mempfree

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 03, 2011, 08:09 PM »
Well, I went up by ladder, and measured the snow on my storage shed, and there was 12 inches of snow.  But, neither rain, sleet or snow will stop me, from going out fishing this weekend. ;D

Offline campfindit2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Feb 04, 2011, 02:36 AM »
Whats your problem stub? Name calling. Come on act your age. I went back through your posts and feel your a dedicated fisherman but if someone doesn't see something your way, you get way to upset. The purpose of my post was to lighten up a few recent topics. Obviously you didn't get it.

Offline iceman55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 04, 2011, 04:02 AM »
I plan on fishing Sunday. Banking on my snowmobile getting me out with shanty in tow. Heck I may just use it to check my flags.........in my 10" holes.
:roflmao:

Offline stubborn1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 04, 2011, 07:16 AM »
Apologies camp.  Thought you were being serious.  I get irritated with people's lack of consideration for others.  Sorry I didn't get the jest.  Good luck out there.
I fish better Hungry.

Offline campfindit2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Feb 04, 2011, 07:31 AM »
We're cool stub good luck to ya

Offline vtpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Feb 04, 2011, 10:20 AM »

Offline bradroy55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 04, 2011, 04:04 PM »
22 Inches here in waterbury, The res looked non drivable when i went down their yesterday, but maybe with that extreme cold last night it will freeze up that slush?

Offline grampieshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Feb 04, 2011, 06:30 PM »
8-10" on Bomo by the dump today. Wasn't to bad going after I had a trail blazed , then the wind kicked in. It was like I never had made a path. Forgot the snow shoes. Plan on bringing them tomorrow. Good luck to derby fishers tomorrow.
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work

Offline finlessbrown

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Feb 04, 2011, 07:56 PM »
gonna beat through the snow at singing cedars for the derby tomorrow, i hope. anybody heard what we got up there?

Offline webster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 04, 2011, 08:21 PM »
I worked too much this week I am going fishing somwhere snow or no snow wish the wind would pick up and blow this fluff off the lake

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
« Reply #43 on: Feb 05, 2011, 06:52 AM »
Fished Willy yesterday - shoveled out 16 areas to cut holes (buddy running late)
an then cut them - whoa was I ready for a cold one early.. Beautiful cold, no flag day

Offline webster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Feb 05, 2011, 05:09 PM »
oh crap if we get 5 to 9 of wet heavy snow we are going to have a mess.    It was hard walking out there today

Offline mroy44

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Feb 05, 2011, 05:16 PM »
Yeah its going to be a pain in the a$$

Good fishin!!  Nugent 2012!

Offline Troutmagnet

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Feb 05, 2011, 05:29 PM »
Went out this afternoon and it was rough going walking across the ice. 4" of slush under almost 2 feet of snow, ugh. Forgot the shovel so kicking the snow out of the way became quite the feat. Did catch four fish on the tip-ups very quickly. Then the clouds rolled in and it started snowing, the bite shut down and nothing more on the flags or the jigs. The snow was coming down hard, the return trip home took twice as long. Another 6-12" of heavier snow is going to make it impossible!!!  >:( >:(

Offline dylan8351

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Its got some weight to it!
« Reply #47 on: Feb 05, 2011, 05:35 PM »
Rough day for me too Trout. Sticking to the old snowmobile trails was about the only chance of a semi-easy walk. Some places the slush was so deep it was going over the top of my boots. But we didn't get skunked so it wasn't the worst day out! 4 inches of snow and counting on the walkway... Still coming down hard! Tomorrow is looking like a leg burner!
I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money. You can keep "The Change"

Offline cbice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Feb 05, 2011, 07:44 PM »
I hate to say it but I almost think we need some warm weather to knock down some of this snow to make it fishable.  Of course that always has it's own set of risks.  Any sort of deep freeze in the near future would be a waste.

Offline mempfree

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Feb 06, 2011, 06:41 AM »
Got another 8 inches of snow, since last night.  Just measured the porch, this morning. :o

Offline Dead Head on ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Feb 06, 2011, 07:29 AM »
I pushed the ice fishing gear to the back of the garage this week, and put the skis in front. Snow at the slopes was the best I have seen in years.  Another few inches tomorrow, and maybe another big storm on Thursday.  I'd rather fish, but you can't fight mother nature.

Offline dylan8351

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Its got some weight to it!
« Reply #51 on: Feb 06, 2011, 07:36 AM »
About 10 inches here. The wind is whipping too! How about that thundersnow last night!!!
I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money. You can keep "The Change"

Offline mroy44

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Feb 06, 2011, 08:08 AM »
yeah 10-12 here.  That thunderstorm was SWEET!!

Good fishin!!  Nugent 2012!

Offline VT_troutbound

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Feb 07, 2011, 12:01 PM »
How are guys doing on snowmobiles, are you guys able to stay on top of all the snow and slush.  I don't have a snowmobile but am thinking about getting something that will allow me to fish where i want no matter the snow.  I've got a subaru so i need to get a small trailer for it too....Let me know how they are running out there, and if anyone is looking to sell a sled...let me know.  Thanks.

Offline campfindit2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Feb 07, 2011, 12:45 PM »
Snowmobile pulled shanty and jetsled xl with two of us good. 2ml out and back. The 800cc Liberty did the job. The sled wasn't designer for two but made up for it in power. Thumb to the bar speedo read 40. Thats track speed, bet we wern't going over 20. The snows tuff the sled will do 120 on a groomed trail.

Offline Grnmtn

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #55 on: Feb 07, 2011, 12:50 PM »
Another issue with all of this snow is how little light get thru.  Seen winter kills because of O2 depleation and plant kill off as well on some shallower bodies of water.

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Passing along the traditions
« Reply #56 on: Feb 07, 2011, 01:59 PM »
The snow isn't going anywhere soon, going to be freaking COLD later this week and more snow in the forecast. Looks like shovel and snowshoes are going to be added to the gear list!

Offline bradroy55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Feb 07, 2011, 05:06 PM »
I'm not so sure guys, These few super warm days seem to have knocked the snow way down, Now theirs a foot of water on top of the ice, But with the three 0 degree and below nights we have coming and days in the teens, I would think all that water would freeze back up and we will be driving on easily again either this weekend or next. Call me an optimist, but i think its looking good!

Offline NEK Woodsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #58 on: Feb 07, 2011, 05:11 PM »
i hope the slush freezes soon! this is tough going!
Hunt deer and catch fish...

Offline finlessbrown

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Feb 07, 2011, 05:13 PM »
a few more inches coming tonight

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.