Author Topic: Unsatisfactory customer service !  (Read 2284 times)

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
Unsatisfactory customer service !
« on: Feb 07, 2008, 05:40 PM »
I recently made a purchase through Reeds and feel their customer service lacks customer consideration !
I made a $200.00 purchase from them last Thursday Jan 31st at about 10:00 a.m. and was told the order was going to be sent that day and I would get  a UPS tracking number via email later in the day .
On Tuesday evening I called and asked for the tracking number and was told my order had not been sent yet and that was why I had not received my Tracking number yet and the order would be sent that day .
Today I called again and they said the order would be sent this evening and that the manufacturer was behind in their orders and that's why I had not gotten my tracking number and to give them a call and find out where it was and that they were making Reeds look bad because the order had not been sent .
I say It's not my place to call them , I ordered from you not the manufacturer and you are responsible for my order and it don't take 7 days to box up an order and give it to the UPS driver that more than likely visits you're store daily .
I suggest you tell you're customers in the future that the orders could take a little longer if you know you're supplier is backed up and to post it on you're web page .

Now I know the retailer cant help that the supplier is backed up but at least let the buyer know that there will be a delay .
I could have waited a little longer for my order if they would have said that but I was told three times my order was sent only to find out it had not been sent yet , The delay isn't what makes me angry , it's being LIED to on three separate occasions .
We will see if this is the fourth .
I have made up my mind that this will be my first and last order with them because it seems they have a difficult time with the TRUTH and that makes me wonder about future service with things like warrenties .

Offline Lookin Up

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Unsatisfactory customer service !
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2008, 06:11 PM »
I feel your pain and agree 100%.

I placed an order at Reeds for a flasher last Friday and being a little anxious I sent two emails asking if or when it would be shipped and still have not gotten a reply.  I called the 800 number and was simply told it would probably ship from the warehouse and that's all the info I got.

Was hoping to have it for this weekend but I guess not!   :'(

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2008, 06:38 PM »
I can deal with the order taking longer than normal , IF I WOULD HAVE BEEN TOLD THE TRUTH !
All they would have had to say is the supplier is behind therefore the order would be longer .
Being lied to is what angered me and it tells me a few things , they don't take the time to educate their staff and let them know orders are running a little longer than normal, the staff don't ask questions when this kind of thing happens and all they care about is what day payday falls on and the bottom line is their bottom line .
It raises serious questions on how they would handle warrenties and future service .
I almost fell off my chair when they said call the manufacturer and ask them when it would be shipped .
That alone says they could really care less where my order was because that is their responsibility not the consumer and that should not even be an option .

Offline brookiebandit13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2008, 06:44 PM »
Im happy i just read this. i WAS about to place an order with reeds
 :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
Tight Lines!   >=)))))))))))))))'> <'((((((((((((((((=<

Offline vivlamored

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2008, 06:47 PM »
i bought a flasher 2 weeks ago and there wasn't a transducer in the box so i called them and they shipped one out it came to the house 2 days later i am 100 percent happy with reeds

Offline Lookin Up

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2008, 07:06 PM »
I guess I have just been spoiled by good communication and fast shipping from other purchases I have made online.

I hope I can be saying the same thing as vivlamored next week......minus the part about the transducer!   ::)

Offline vivlamored

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2008, 07:08 PM »
yeah that sucked i was fliping out for a minute till i called them and they sent one right out

Offline MnSportsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Striper/White Bass, 3+lbs, Put back down the hole
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2008, 07:16 PM »
   I don't know if this could be part of the problem, but Reed's in Walker,MN. is where the Annual Eelpout Festival is every year & it is one BIG contest/derby/festival. So, since there are a lot of folks coming into that area, Buying goods,or have ordered them & are going to be there to pick them up, it may cause them to have some backup in getting out orders. Of course ,This is just conjecture, but it would seem to make sense to me..

I don't know. I know ya want your stuff. This post probably doesn't help any. But, keep the hope all will be well. & I'm sure the venting helped. ;)

Good Luck!
:D
   - My Best Hunting & Fishing partner..... 21,Jan.98 - 8,May.07......RIP... We'll be together again.... 

Good Luck!! &  "Watch Your Bobber!"

Offline fiesty

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2008, 07:27 PM »
I placed an order through Reeds on the 31st as well...another 5" strikemaster lazer...hope I get it soon...been wrecking the mouths and gills on the large crappie that I have to pull up through the ol 4"...
It's all about Karma.....

Offline DGibbs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 07, 2008, 07:30 PM »
I purchased a flasher last week.  I had to leave town and needed to know when to return to receive the order.  I sent them an email asking for the tracking # and they responded to me the same day.

This was my first order with them.... no complaints.

I feel your pain though.

Offline Lookin Up

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 07, 2008, 07:47 PM »
Just got an email from Reeds.  My order was shipped.

So in my case it was probably as MnSportsman said....slow response due to Eelpout!   ;D

Offline fish boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 07, 2008, 07:50 PM »
interesting!  I bought a 68c s/map last Friday from Reeds.  Got it today!  First thing that seemed amiss was it came without a receipt and I ordered it over the phone  :-\  Called em and they said it shipped from their distributor and a receipt was in the mail...Ok  unpacked it and after checking it all out it appeared and I say appeared that the transducer is used  ???  its got a couple of old shabby twist ties holding it together and a ratty old piece of masking tape on it with a letter and two numbers on it written in pen.  So back on the phone I go...first to Lowrance to check the serial # and she says it shippped from the factory on Dec 2006 new!  hmmm then she explains some units do sit in a wharehouse for a while so ..ok I'll buy the idea that the more expensive unit sells less frequently.  So I called Reeds again and spoke with Jerry I think  super nice guy I explain what I found and he says he'll send me a new transducer but he has to charge me for it then he'll refund me the $$ when the old one arrives... :-\  uh no send me a new one and I'll send you the old one.  He says he swears there's no funny business and that I have his word the unit came from his supplier not a "floor model " or something.  To this i reply well You have my word that as soon as the new transducer gets here I'll mail you the old one back and my word is just as good as his.  After a bit of convincing he says I'll get the new one out today! use the old one till the new one comes.   I want you to be happy!  I was a bit worried about the battery but it charged in about 5 hours and I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow.  So far they made good but we'll see.  Nice folks to talk to, i have to admit I'm a bit uneasy but so far so good.  just would have rather not have to deal with any of it in the first place but so far they have been good.

Offline Baitfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 07, 2008, 07:53 PM »
Sorry to hear about your trouble with Reeds. I have placed 3 separate orders with them this season and have received each order in 7 to 10 days. Only 1 time did i get an email with a tracking number. I called them the other 2 times and asked for a tracking number and was given it no questions asked. Both times my order was direct shipped from the manufacturer. Just standard business with them i guess.

I should add that they had very competitive prices and the shipping was free on two of the purchases. Shipping time included weekends and the 10 day one was during a holiday weekend.

Offline MnSportsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Striper/White Bass, 3+lbs, Put back down the hole
« Reply #13 on: Feb 07, 2008, 08:02 PM »
I'm glad ya got your order, Lookin up! :D

Maybe ya need to change the title of this Topic/Thread.... ;)

;) hint...

;)

;) hint...

LOL
 Forgive me about the smileys, I'm just in a good mood. :D
   - My Best Hunting & Fishing partner..... 21,Jan.98 - 8,May.07......RIP... We'll be together again.... 

Good Luck!! &  "Watch Your Bobber!"

Offline basskiller46

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I swear I had a Bite"
« Reply #14 on: Feb 07, 2008, 09:09 PM »
ive had simular problems like when i baught something and waited for a week for it to come ans then finnaly in the time that it was suppose to arrive they give me a email saying that it wasnt shipped yet and it will come in a week. I think they should have at least payed for the shipping if they write 5-7 bussines days and comes in 14 days

Offline bassinbrian_on_ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lakers are Fun !
« Reply #15 on: Feb 07, 2008, 09:32 PM »
I ordered from Reeds a month back and had NO problems at all. Quick & easy transaction.
Just passing time until spring Stripers !

Offline velcro29

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish ON!!!
« Reply #16 on: Feb 07, 2008, 09:43 PM »
I had the same problems with REED's I don't even want to get started!!!  The only reason I keep order from them, is that every time they mess up my order they tell me to keep the wrong stuff they sent me. ( 9/19 transducer, Vexilar lens for my FL 18, & a new charger w/ the auto switch off)   

Fish Boy almost the exact same thing happened with me I was worried about my battery too.  I ended up sending the whole unit back. If I going to spend that kind of money I want a new one not a used one!!!!
[]

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #17 on: Feb 07, 2008, 09:57 PM »
Getting the product I ordered isn't the problem , I'm sure I'll get it eventually .
The problem is being lied to on three separate occasions . Not counting today's phone conversation .
If you don't have the item someone orders just say so .
It would have been as simple as saying ... I can take you're order sir but understand that it may take a few extra days because our supplier is backed up . That I can deal with .

Customer service starts with the truth not bullsh1tting someone into believing you're order has been processed and sent three different times .
And then having the gonads to suggest that the customer call the manufacturer to see why the order hasn't been sent .
I cant blame the manufacturer when the order was placed with a distributor .

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 07, 2008, 10:54 PM »
note to self: avoid ordering from reeds

Offline WANNAKETCHUM

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Where da fish at???
« Reply #19 on: Feb 08, 2008, 02:50 AM »
Im happy i just read this. i WAS about to place an order with reeds
 :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
DITTO!!!!!!!!
Give your son a fish, and he will eat for a day.....teach your son to fish and eventually he'll end up kicking your @ss every time you fish together!!!

Offline Hamilcarbarca

• IceShanty Rookie
  • To break my fast on honeydew
« Reply #20 on: Feb 08, 2008, 04:23 AM »
I just received a vex fl-18 propack from Reeds. They said it would be here in four days. By golly it was.  They also had the best prices that I could find. That seems to be the trouble with some of these outfits. Inconsistancy, some get great service and others have terrible luck.  Shame   :-[
If not me, WHO?  If not now, WHEN?

Offline fish boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Feb 08, 2008, 09:11 AM »
I wouldn't say my service was unsatisfactory in fact this morning I found yesterday's mail that the wife had placed in a bag for some unknown reason  ???  and low and behold there was the reciept.  So as long as they do what they say they are gonna do I'm not upset.  Now if I order again and get same kind of shenanigans then I'll be done, but we'll see.

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 08, 2008, 09:19 AM »
Man, just ordered the smurf suit from them on the 1st, hoping I don't have the same issues and definitely hope it fits! ;D

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #23 on: Feb 08, 2008, 10:11 AM »
Man, just ordered the smurf suit from them on the 1st, hoping I don't have the same issues and definitely hope it fits! ;D
That's exactly what I ordered !

Offline CHICKENFOOT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Feb 08, 2008, 10:21 AM »
Yes Reed's has gone down hill. I ordered A 2x garment and sent me 3x, but the charged my account. Try FISHUSA.COM the have been good email responce amd beacause the come from Erie PA I get my oreder in 2 days In NJ,but I feel if you complain with there managment you should demand and recieve satisfaction. but does anybody care anymore??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.