Author Topic: If you could take anyone ....  (Read 3514 times)

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
If you could take anyone ....
« on: Dec 14, 2007, 04:47 PM »
If you could take anyone ice fishing with you for just one day < past or present > who would you pick to spend the day with and why ?

My first choice would be my passed father in law because he was the one who introduced me to the finer points of fishing .
Choice two would be Teddy Roosevelt because without him conservation would be nothing like we know it today .

Offline mrcrowley138

• IceShanty Rookie
  • La Crosse, WI
Re: If you could take anyone ....
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2007, 04:50 PM »
I've always wanted to go fishing with Brett Favre or Hank Williams Jr.  Could you imagine the stories they could tell both about the outdoors and football or music respectively.

Offline fishinfool96

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Oh yeah!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2007, 04:59 PM »
I would take my past grandfather. Never got a chance to ice fish with him. He taught my dad everything bout ice fishing and dad taught me.

Offline roygpa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Where's da Ice?
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2007, 05:21 PM »
I'd take my grand dad... he taught me to fish when I was 3 years old, and passed away when I was 9. Before he had a chance to teach me how to fish on ice.
Southwestern, PA

Offline Imissedem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2007, 05:25 PM »
Probably Ted Williams.Probably one of the greatest outdoorsman ever. Love watching his old videos with Jerry Mckinnis and Bobby Knight.

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2007, 05:29 PM »
Brett Favre!

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2007, 05:49 PM »
Faith Hill hands down!  :whistle: :woot: >:D
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline saranacjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2007, 06:02 PM »
My grandfather he taught me and my brothers how to fish when he took us camping. I never got to hunt with him and i'm not sure if he ever icefished but would live to take him just one day just to say that i went ice fishing with my grandPa. Miss him every day.

Offline djkruszewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • that's one big hole.
« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2007, 06:03 PM »
 :o  i would have to take pamela anderson, she has 2 of the biggest bobbers i have every seen! :-*
when fisherman fish alone, do they really catch fish??

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2007, 06:05 PM »
My Dad.  He can't take the cold anymore.  Getting that skin like a woman! ;D

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #10 on: Dec 14, 2007, 06:09 PM »
Gretchen Wilson - she's my musical modern day hero!

NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline hard_water

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • rippin lips all over NY
« Reply #11 on: Dec 14, 2007, 06:33 PM »
i would have to say my dad, he taught me how to fish but passed when i was 9 never got to icefish or hunt with him. just like to see his reaction when he got to see what a mountain redneck he spawned. that would be cool.

water
GET THE NET !!!!!!!GET THE NET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 14, 2007, 06:38 PM »
My Grandfathers!!! They learned Lakes by dropping anchors and mapping themout by themselves. Never had electronics, Gor-tex, Vex's, Cameras, GPS, high-tech Jigs, Rods Lines, power augers, disposable hand warmers, pop-up shanties etc....

I would love to have them back just once to show them how far fishing has come. They are old school, but I bet they would just love to see how soft the new age fishermen are given the luxuries we have today. Gramps would be able to actually SEE a FISH Take His Bait On Camera!!! or would see fish through the ice without chopping a hole with the Vex. That would be exciting. Nt to mention it would be great to see them out for 12 hours straight without getting cold inthe new age clothing, boots, gloves etc...

Thanks for the thread. Sure brought back some fine memories!!!!! and images!!!

Offline benson78

• IceShanty Rookie
  • never surrender
« Reply #13 on: Dec 14, 2007, 07:02 PM »
playboy bunnies I think that would be real interesting

Offline madpistoleer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 14, 2007, 07:11 PM »
My Dad, he can't get around very well anymore at 82yo and the cold gets to him quick. Su**$ getting old.............
Remember! 'I' before 'E' (Except in Budweiser).

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 14, 2007, 07:37 PM »
the same person I do 80% of my ice fishing with, my dad. 

Offline Pete379

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 14, 2007, 10:19 PM »
I would like to take my grandpa with for a day.

Man would he have a blast. He loved the outdoors and taught me to hunt, fish and trap.  :bow:

Of course Gretchen Wilson would be great to have along for a day also. That would be a party day to remember.    :thumbsup: :roflmao:

Great memories thanks for the thread!!
...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy.  ~William Sherwood Fox

Offline paulwhittom

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Take what you want, and pay for it
« Reply #17 on: Dec 14, 2007, 11:54 PM »
My Father, unfortunatly we barly talk anymore.  I'd also love to take him to the hunting lodge i'm a part of.

Paul
Its easier to beg forgiveness than it is to get permission

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #18 on: Dec 15, 2007, 03:02 AM »
JESUS   ITS A NO BRAINER.HE IS THE BEST FISHERMAN FOREVER. not only did he fish, he caught fish, cooked fish,put on the biggest fish fry in history fed over 5000 men and their families.ate fish,taught his disciples to fish boy were they successful on one fishing trip they caught 153 large fish,its all documented.HE fished a variety of ways and still is.HE now tells us to be fishers of men, his fishing buddies peter,Andrew,James and john fished harder than anyone i know.how is it that people make him, JESUS out to be a bad guy i don't understand,Ive BEEN TOLD THERES NO NEED FOR THAT RELIGOUS TALK ON THIS SITE,first of all it ain't religion its a personal relationship with the saviour.just like the previous posts on this thread its about relationships.HE is calling us to fish.   go fish    mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline WANNAKETCHUM

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Where da fish at???
« Reply #19 on: Dec 15, 2007, 03:23 AM »
JESUS   ITS A NO BRAINER.HE IS THE BEST FISHERMAN FOREVER. not only did he fish, he caught fish, cooked fish,put on the biggest fish fry in history fed over 5000 men and their families.ate fish,taught his disciples to fish boy were they successful on one fishing trip they caught 153 large fish,its all documented.HE fished a variety of ways and still is.HE now tells us to be fishers of men, his fishing buddies peter,Andrew,James and john fished harder than anyone i know.how is it that people make him, JESUS out to be a bad guy i don't understand,Ive BEEN TOLD THERES NO NEED FOR THAT RELIGOUS TALK ON THIS SITE,first of all it ain't religion its a personal relationship with the saviour.just like the previous posts on this thread its about relationships.HE is calling us to fish.   go fish    mo
ALL of us ice fisherman have a "common bond" with Jesus...We can all walk on water....we just have to wait until it freezes... ;D ;D ;D....WK
Give your son a fish, and he will eat for a day.....teach your son to fish and eventually he'll end up kicking your @ss every time you fish together!!!

Offline WANNAKETCHUM

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Where da fish at???
« Reply #20 on: Dec 15, 2007, 03:38 AM »
Well it would be a toss up....My wife or my son. ??? ???...they're both my BEST FRIENDS and by that I mean I have many good friends and acquaintances....but "blood is thicker than water" and it would be tough to pick between the two. They're both sportsmen (sportspersons) and I love them both dearly...WK
Give your son a fish, and he will eat for a day.....teach your son to fish and eventually he'll end up kicking your @ss every time you fish together!!!

Offline IceholeFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Dec 15, 2007, 07:14 AM »
JESUS   ITS A NO BRAINER.HE IS THE BEST FISHERMAN FOREVER.

If you think about it, it sounds to me that you go ice fishing with Jesus every single time you go out.
May ol man winter blow a cool breeze up your shorts!

Offline Gillgrabber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Dec 15, 2007, 09:00 AM »
My Dad.  He taught me to fish when I was little, but he's NEVER been ice fishing.  He thinks he would freeze his butt off.  I try to tell him it's warm in the shanty, we can drive the truck out and he can sit in that, etc but my Son and I can't get him on the ice no matter how hard we try. 
Proud NRA Life Member
Nothing like spending time in the outdoors with Family & Friends.

Offline Preacher_man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Have a Real CRAPPIE Day!!!!
« Reply #23 on: Dec 15, 2007, 01:16 PM »
 I have to go along with 1mofish! Just think of all the fish you could catch with Jesus!  ::)
TEAM  PA.

Offline Trigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 15, 2007, 01:56 PM »
My Dad, he can't get around very well anymore at 82yo and the cold gets to him quick. Su**$ getting old.............

Maybe try taking your dad in the truck on the ice. Stay in the truck, crank the heat and fish from the windows. Won't have to get outside and you can always use your power windows to jig the bait :) All you have to do is drill the hole for him. Not the best way to fish but it still gets both of you out on the lake together. And so what if you don't catch anything, you still will have a great time talking to your dad which you will remember for a life time.
______________________ ____________________________________ ___________

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.