The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Indiana guy Heading north  (Read 1530 times)

Offline mpyromike

• Team IceShanty Regular
Indiana guy Heading north
« on: Feb 02, 2018, 10:46 AM »
Wife told me to head north for the weekend......who’s gonna argue.  But my question is how’s the ice and snow coverage at Burt and mullet lake?  Since those are the 2 I chose to get my but kicked on!

Offline mpyromike

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Indiana guy Heading north
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2018, 11:27 AM »
Thanks snitch#8.  I fished in the Clare area last weekend had about a foot, was more curious about the snow so I would know if I need to bring my smitty. Didn’t need last weekend it was like glass.

Offline netminder34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2018, 10:47 PM »
Just got back from Clare area lots of snow yesterday and today as well as north so hope you took your sled with you.

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2018, 03:14 AM »
Weekend’s over. How’d ya do?
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline mpyromike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2018, 01:48 PM »
 20 Perch and 5 pike but none of the pike were keepers.  Didn’t get any walleyes or burbot.  The smitty was definitely the way to go.

Offline icefishman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2018, 03:23 PM »
You fished in Clare or Gaylord?
Catching Any?

Offline mpyromike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2018, 05:47 PM »
Not this past weekend I was on mullet and crooked Lake I didn’t go out On Burt, The weekend before I fished on crooked Lake near Clare.   I didn’t do well in clare.

Offline netminder34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2018, 07:39 AM »
I have never fished Crooked lake but have heard it can produce some good fish if you know the lake.  Wife's nephew just bought a place on Isabella and hope to get out there sometime this year.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2018, 12:03 PM »
Well how did the north trip go?

Offline mpyromike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 11, 2018, 08:43 PM »
20 Perch and 5 pike but none of the pike were keepers.  Didn’t get any walleyes or burbot.  The smitty was definitely the way to go.

But heading up that way again this weekend coming up, it’s a work/fishing trip this time.  Will probably hit mullet and crooked again depending on snow coverage.

Offline shermanpup

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2018, 06:35 AM »
Hey Pyro , whats in that little lake there on the north side of Valpo? I used to contract at the Carriage House apartments and always wondered about the little lake. It is probably one of those Cihcago owned lakes?
Thanks

Offline mpyromike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 2018, 07:52 AM »
Shermanpup

There are 4 lakes on the north side, long, loomis,  spectacle, & flint.  Long and flint have 1 public access point each flint with about enough room for 5 cars  and long has more parking 15 vehicles, loomis and spectacle are in the same park no one really fishes spectacle but everyone fishes loomis it has walleye crappie, gills, ears, seeds, bass, perch.
With that being said the only one to really give any issue is flint cause it’s a public lake with almost no access cause the people who live on it think it’s private. Depending on time of day and crowds dictates which lake I usually go to.  But right now the ice is very scketchy several guys getting wet the last few days.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2018, 12:12 PM »
Fished 2 lakes north of the line, one had 7” other had 10”, it’s there , but with forecast better hurry !!

Offline mpyromike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 18, 2018, 06:25 PM »
I finished Burt Lake today at 18 inches to 24 inches and I fish Deerlake and Boyne Falls yesterday and I had 12 to 16 inches Deerlake got a bunch a little perch  that I threw back and I missed 4 walleye at Burt and came back empty-handed  Burt handed me my butt today Hoping to get a couple more trips in before season out

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.