The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 2 Records in one day!  (Read 2688 times)

Offline Big Ben

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • http://docksideoutdoors.com/
2 Records in one day!
« on: Feb 19, 2010, 01:50 PM »
The state record Hybrid was taken the same day as the Walleye but it did not receive as much press. The young lady holding the fish is the new record holder. They brought it in before they took it to fish and game to be placed in the record books. Congratulations and it was a great catch. The fish came from the lower Champlain Islands. If I recall the weight of the fish was close to 10 pounds.

Offline drfhaha123

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 2 Records in one day!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2010, 02:06 PM »
The state record Hybrid was taken the same day as the Walleye but it did not receive as much press. The young lady holding the fish is the new record holder. They brought it in before they took it to fish and game to be placed in the record books. Congratulations and it was a great catch. The fish came from the lower Champlain Islands. If I recall the weight of the fish was close to 10 pounds.

(Image removed from quote.)
Nice,know it's dead and gone!

Offline lennyvt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2010, 03:03 PM »
are you sure thats a new record? I thought the record was close to 18 pounds caught these two a couple years back on the conn river one in the live well on the bottom is 12+ pounds.   

Offline Weedmaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2010, 04:55 PM »
Is this a tiger muskie? If so the record is over 17lbs according to Vt fish records,even though it was caught on the Conn. riv.

Offline Weedmaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2010, 05:00 PM »
are you sure thats a new record? I thought the record was close to 18 pounds caught these two a couple years back on the conn river one in the live well on the bottom is 12+ pounds.   (Image removed from quote.)
If the fish your holding is 12lbs you must be 7ft& 500lbs!

Offline finlessbrown

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2010, 05:27 PM »
the vt state fish & wildlife website doesn't list this in the all time records list.

Offline Weedmaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2010, 05:35 PM »
the vt state fish & wildlife website doesn't list this in the all time records list.
Is this a Tiger Muskie? If so it is in fact listed,Dan Magoon caught record tig musk in 1987 17Lbs 13.25oz

Offline lennyvt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2010, 05:43 PM »
If the fish your holding is 12lbs you must be 7ft& 500lbs! and if you read the post correctly you would have read that the one in the LIVE WELL on the bottom is 12+ pounds the other one was tiny :cookoo: and hybrid pike are also called tiger muskie

Offline Weedmaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 19, 2010, 05:46 PM »
Even though its been a few years the record fish pictured does not look like the Tiger Muskies I remember.So what are they a hybrid of?

Offline Weedmaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 19, 2010, 06:54 PM »
First of all congrats to the young lady on her new record fish! :)Both pike hybids are very cool looking fish and to me the Tiger Muskie might be the coolest looking of all fish in these parts, with a big native brookie right on its tail! I would also be interested in how many pike/pic hybrids were released and where.

Offline lennyvt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 20, 2010, 05:17 AM »
I agree with with weed master , and if anyone has any info on how the Tiger muskies got into the conn river and when, that would be great. ;D

Offline mempfree

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 20, 2010, 05:59 AM »
So, this fish was taken out of Lake Champlain?  Nice fish. ;D

Offline razzledazzle

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish H8 me
« Reply #12 on: Feb 20, 2010, 06:00 AM »
Congratulations to the young lady with her record breaking fish.

Thanks again for the education ...soccer.  
Fish H8 me ™
www.fishH8me.com

Gerry

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 20, 2010, 06:55 AM »
I agree with with weed master , and if anyone has any info on how the Tiger muskies got into the conn river and when, that would be great. ;D

I believe they were stocked in the hartland dam (ACE) flood control and with nothing to keep them in the flood control waters they slipped into the CT river  , We caught many under the RT 5 bridge in north hartland ,then they were gone. magoons being the largest I ever heard of a lot of 10 to 14 #ers were caught.BB

Catching big fish is like winning the door prize!
Have to be there to win!!!!

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 20, 2010, 06:56 AM »

Offline Weedmaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 20, 2010, 10:33 AM »
I believe they were stocked in the hartland dam (ACE) flood control and with nothing to keep them in the flood control waters they slipped into the CT river  , We caught many under the RT 5 bridge in north hartland ,then they were gone. magoons being the largest I ever heard of a lot of 10 to 14 #ers were caught.BB
I remember it seemed like everyone caught was a new record until they were gone with Magoons being the last one seeing none have been caught since and hybrids cant reproduce.

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 20, 2010, 11:23 AM »
I know for a fact that they were in the tail waters of the dam , I don't believe they came up over twin falls from the CT river so I would bet they went over the falls to the CT river.I am sure VT fish and wildlife has records as to when they were stocked.But I think it was early 80's.BB

Offline Augen4Hawgs

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ICE MAN FOREVER !
« Reply #17 on: Feb 21, 2010, 09:54 AM »
Tiger muskies were stock in the Ct river over 25 years ago. I caught one in the mid 80's in whites cove. their should be some big ones by now.. :)

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 21, 2010, 12:45 PM »
Tiger muskies were stock in the Ct river over 25 years ago. I caught one in the mid 80's in whites cove. their should be some big ones by now.. :)

Not according to NH fish and wildlife,they told me it was a VT thing that they had nothing to do with.but your right it was 25 + years ago they were caught from Wilder Dam to Bellowfalls.

Offline Weedmaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 21, 2010, 02:58 PM »
Ibelieve they have all been caught. Hybrids can't reproduce so unless ones eluded being caught for 20 years that game is over

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 21, 2010, 03:31 PM »
long over! Mass, NY and CT has them in good numbers I wish we did in VT!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.