Author Topic: 2019 Regulations  (Read 1277 times)

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
2019 Regulations
« on: Mar 09, 2019, 06:31 PM »
I see that the new brochures on fishing and boat regulations are out for the 2019 season starting April 1st. License prices are up pretty good, though it doesn't gig me too hard

being a senior citizen. Others may feel it more acutely. New this year is the Aquatic Nuisance Species stamp which will tack on another $25 to your boat registration fees. My fishing

kayak is rigged with an electric trolling motor so I get the $25 hickey while my wife's non-motorized kayak does not. Go figure.

Brings to mind the discussion on the difference between the Colorado waters and the Kansas waters. Anybody know how Kansas funds their fisheries?
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 2019 Regulations
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2019, 10:35 AM »
So that brings it up to $60.25 if you have a motor. $0 if you don't. (for a hand launched boat) :o :( :o

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2019, 11:15 AM »
So that brings it up to $60.25 if you have a motor. $0 if you don't. (for a hand launched boat) :o :( :o

Gotta pay to play! :P

Maybe I'll hafta add a permit "fee" to my fishing trips! ;)
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2019, 12:24 PM »
Gotta pay to play! :P

Maybe I'll hafta add a permit "fee" to my fishing trips! ;)
I'm good with that, as long as you permit me to to be there. Can I pay with beer!;D
It doesn't affect my kayak (no motor)I have a trolling motor for my canoe that I rarely use For $65 I'll play with the paddles instead of the motor. 

Offline lovetofishnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2019, 12:30 PM »
Does the price of the new boat sticker already include the ANS Pass?

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2019, 01:18 PM »
Does the price of the new boat sticker already include the ANS Pass?
It looks like it. If you renew online or by renewal post card, the $25 ANS permit price is added in automatically. I suppose it's the same if you apply in person at a CPW office. For some reason they want you to carry this ANS permit receipt on your person. It seems to me that if it's a mandatory fee and you can't get your 2019 stickers without buying the ANS permit at the same time, why don't they just roll them both together as one purchase transaction.  Put the 2019 stickers on the boat and you're good to go. It's like saying "sure, we'll make you a hamburger but you'll need to buy the bun and the meat patty as separate items". Only Slayer can fathom the minds of the gubmint rule makers.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2019, 02:13 PM »
Only Slayer can fathom the minds of the gubmint rule makers.

I never even try to- ;)
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.