Author Topic: Single  (Read 10380 times)

Offline scansy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Diehard Fan
Re: Single
« Reply #30 on: Mar 05, 2007, 06:38 PM »
My wife doesn't hunt or fish, but her dad in Florida fishes twice a week for bass and panfish.  So my wife understands and doesn't complain.  Of course I have never missed her birthday.  And I'm better at remembering our anniversary than she is!

Besides, I'm always taking the boys with me - so she gets a break.  Soon the little girl will be going too.
Keep the tradition alive - take a kid hunting, trapping and fishing!

Offline lunkerpike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Mar 06, 2007, 03:04 AM »
my wife and i don't see eachother maybe 2-3 days a week,because i pack my bags and load the truck and I'm gone 3-4 sometimes 5 days a week fishing.we have been together 15 years

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #32 on: Mar 06, 2007, 04:00 AM »
Had to get rid of mine, kept bugging me to come along. Couldn't have that. :roflmao: Kidding!

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline deerslayer92163

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • perch,crappie,w alleye,steelhea d,northern,etc.
« Reply #33 on: Mar 06, 2007, 05:47 AM »
at least its good to see you didnt give up hunting or fishing dont be like some of my friends they stay home and have brown noses
DONT GET P-WHIPPED

Offline bucketbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • rippin lips
« Reply #34 on: Mar 07, 2007, 09:28 AM »
I told the old lady right from the beginning, when it comes to hunting and fishing, don't even try to stop me. It wont happen. At least it keeps me from hanging around the bars. We've been together since Feb 1987.
the 80s were more forgiving ;D ;D
these women these days think your "fishin" all over

Offline IceholeFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Mar 13, 2007, 02:00 AM »
I'm sure they(spouse) would much rather see us out hunting and fishing rather than sitting in a bar. Just don't leave 'em with all the house chores, I do the dishes, vacum, whatever it takes. Another thing...don't EVER forget the birthdays, anniverarys, etc. One year first day of deer season opened on my wifes birthday...I forgot, got home at 9pm...cold...very,very cold! ::)

Thats very good advise. Cleaning house and doing dishes goes a long way. I guess thats my secret to getting out, but just didnt relize it until now. She has trained me well.
May ol man winter blow a cool breeze up your shorts!

Offline cheffy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Mar 13, 2007, 03:08 AM »

My "better " half just went out and bought herself a aqua vu, darn now I gotta get one. ;D  She caught her first  Chinook Salmon this fall, 44 lbs. and her first steelhead  12 lbs. Guess where she wants to go on holidays? lol  A guy's just gotta love a gal like that. This married life is as bad as some make it out to be. ::)

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Mar 13, 2007, 09:17 AM »
There are lots of good women who like to fish and or hunt.  Pick one.   Makes life a lot easier.   

Offline Medson25

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Mar 13, 2007, 11:56 AM »
My girl and I go fishing (open and ice)/hunting/backpacking/camping/snowshoeing/snowboarding/climbing 14er's.........She loves it as much if not more then I do. Before we got our dog I asked her what type she wanted and she said we don't have a bird dog. We know have a yellow lab. She works a little more then i do, but makes almost double, so I do most of the chores. Small price to pay for living a dream! Were are going on 4years.

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
« Reply #39 on: Mar 15, 2007, 12:45 AM »
I tell my girlfriend that I have another girlfriend, Mother Nature. We are relatively fresh as far as dating goes and I feel bad because first it was "Just wait till duck season is over, we'll do more together" Then it was "Well you don't understand, this is the LAST week of goose season!" Then (the worst yet) "We haven't had good ice till now. I have a lot of making up to do! It'll be fifty two weeks from now!" Now, soon it will be "But the mushrooms are only here in the spring, I have to find as many as possible" And THEN......You get the idea. I told here, if you can't beat them, join em! ;D
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Mar 15, 2007, 04:28 PM »
I hunt and fish for ...girls all the time...just throw them back if you don't like the one you got. catch and release ;).
Bullet with a name on it.

Offline PigShanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Mar 15, 2007, 04:31 PM »
I hunt and fish for ...girls all the time...just through them back if you don't like the one you got. catch and release ;).

Just don't keep to long or there's not a hope in hell that you'll ever get rid of them completely.

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Mar 15, 2007, 05:06 PM »
And as of today my fishing days are over. I knew I shouldn't have asked her out. Damn. ::)

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Mar 15, 2007, 05:48 PM »
Oh I found a keeper about a year and a half ago....best decision I ever made ;D.  She respects my hobbies, and we don't play those bullcrap cat and mouse games....."can I go fishing now honey"?  If you catch yourself saying this you are P.W. :o
Bullet with a name on it.

Offline ang

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Mar 16, 2007, 03:50 PM »
I wish my husband would taking me fishing or hunting. Went fishing once with him and I enjoyed myself. Hunting on the other hand he wont take me probally because he thinks I'll do better than him.

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #45 on: Mar 17, 2007, 01:51 PM »
And as of today my fishing days are over. I knew I shouldn't have asked her out. d**n. ::)

She better be a hottie :roflmao:

-Thoreau

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
« Reply #46 on: Mar 18, 2007, 09:17 PM »
My wife is the one with the fishing cabin up north.When we were married I took her dear hunting on our honey moon so she is well seasoned,may be I went up to Red lake ice fishing on her 50th left her home in a snow storm and came home a day late because of it . Pissed is an under statement . O well she is getting over it.

Live to fish forced to work

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Mar 19, 2007, 02:03 AM »
She better be a hottie :roflmao:

there aint no broad worth giving up fishing or hunting over. i learned that one the hard way.

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #48 on: Mar 19, 2007, 02:17 AM »
OK Wes....time to post us a pic.....we gotta know if it was worth it :roflmao:

-Thoreau

Offline MuskyHunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Time to play the game!"
« Reply #49 on: Mar 19, 2007, 06:05 PM »
Well so much fer doin the dishes!! Got in a spat and now mama went to stay with her mom! Geez, just me and the boy now, hmmmm, what to do? Wait! I know....Gone Fishin'.  :o
Eddie D.      NYRC member 

Offline PCB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Mar 19, 2007, 07:06 PM »
Well so much fer doin the dishes!! Got in a spat and now mama went to stay with her mom! Geez, just me and the boy now, hmmmm, what to do? Wait! I know....Gone Fishin'.  :o

looks like its take out for dinner, and a full day of fishin  ;D
'Its either me or ice fishing' she says... i still have my jiffy

Offline MuskyHunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Mar 19, 2007, 08:01 PM »
Yep..we hit up Mcdonalds for 2- nite....ugh, my guts will feel that till morning, lol.. :'(

Offline percheyes42

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Mar 20, 2007, 11:24 AM »
OK Wes....time to post us a pic.....we gotta know if it was worth it :roflmao:
No need for pics. Not worth it.

I have been hunting or fishing almost everyday of my life. The rest have been wasted.

Offline dooberhoopa

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ridin' fishin' or huntin' i just wanna be outside
« Reply #53 on: Mar 20, 2007, 11:31 AM »
huntin and fishin are the only things that i can do without the wife giving me a problem about either of them she says as long as shes got something to eat she doesnt care...i might only be 27 but the past 8 yrs theres been alot of huntin and fishin
Team MIRC NYRC chapter....ROCK BASS ON
The Official Medicine Man of MIRC
Tis better to have fished and lied than never fished at all

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #54 on: Mar 20, 2007, 11:41 AM »
No need for pics. Not worth it.

OHHHHH BURRRRRRNNNNNN!

I can't wait till he sees this ;D :roflmao:

-Thoreau

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Mar 21, 2007, 12:04 AM »
I found me a good one as well......she would rather be fishing than at home...not ice fishing though, she went thought the ice as a kid, and wont step foot on it.....even if there was a semi truck driving, she'd sit on the shore.....But...in open water she will go any day of the year.....I just remind her that "I" drive the boat....she is just the passnger....Hope that lasts....lol

Offline bshirtd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Mar 21, 2007, 08:53 AM »
Oh, you guys are just picking the wrong women!  When my boyfriend says he wants to go fishing or hunting, I usually beat him to the truck. 8)  I've always loved to fish (summer & winter) & yes I clean my own.  Before I started dating my boyfriend, the biggest thing I hunted was gophers, but we started deer hunting a few years back & I love it.  Did I mention I'm also a better shot than he is. :o  I've yet to gut a deer, but will try next year, but I do help skin, cut & wrap the deer.  I love the outdoors & love to camp, fish & hunt.  Cooking over an open fire....there is nothing better.  I have friends that take their coffee makers camping ::)  Thats not camping. My boyfriend loves the fact I'm so outdoorsy & it makes being together even more fun.  Cheers

hey if that dont work out send me a pm  ;D  ;D  :-*  :-*
its a footrace to the hole

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Mar 21, 2007, 06:24 PM »
I was married on the 4th of July, just so I wouldn't forget...  Its important ..... to them. 

Offline PCB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Mar 21, 2007, 08:14 PM »
I was married on the 4th of July, just so I wouldn't forget...  Its important ..... to them. 

yah ive gotten burned by that one a time or two
'Its either me or ice fishing' she says... i still have my jiffy

Offline MuskyHunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Mar 22, 2007, 04:29 AM »
Hey! I was married on the 4th of July too, lol. And for the record, my wife likes to go fishing too but she will not go ice fishing again. I carried her on my back across the lake the first and last time she went. You know..2" of crust on top of a foot of water on top of the good ice. Take 3 or 4 steps and break thru...man was she scared!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.