Author Topic: AquaVeiw,need help  (Read 2241 times)

crappieman6

AquaVeiw,need help
« on: Dec 17, 2003, 04:57 PM »
I want to record what my underwater camera see's, I have found out a digital can not do it, so is a camcorder the only way? and everyone says the still pictures from a camcorder suck. thanks in advance for any help someone may have

crappieman

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
Re:AquaVeiw,need help
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2003, 05:01 PM »
check out the aqua-vu website, they are coming out with a recording device this year.  I'm planning to get one :D
http://www.aquavu.com/whatsnew.html

crappieman6

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2003, 05:07 PM »
Thanks fishermanjake, I knew someone on this fine board would help me.

crappieman6

« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2003, 05:42 PM »
What a surprise to see Aquaveiw getting there act together, I wonder how much that bugger recorder might cost...

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2003, 05:55 PM »
i'm guesing probably under 100

NAD42

« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2003, 06:14 PM »
I've always just plugged the jacks from my camcorder into the aqua vu and taped some stuff from the depths that is unreal....make sure you warm up the camcorder first, or the first minute or so will be rather 'scratchy' footage.

crappieman6

« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2003, 06:24 PM »
Nad42. did you ever make a still photo so you could share it on the message board.

crappieman6

« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2003, 06:27 PM »
Hey fishermanjake I hope your right, But I will pay more if I have to.
I also want that new daylite 10 inch screen and that automatic lift motor.

NAD42

« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2003, 06:49 PM »
Nad42. did you ever make a still photo so you could share it on the message board.
Never tried, not sure how to do it...if someone can help me out, then I'll post some for sure...I have an 8mm camcorder...I believe DR. BLUEGILL used to post actual video on here...I'd do it if I knew how to download it to my PC....clueless!

CTStriper

« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2003, 06:57 PM »
The camcorder works well. To get the kid of footage that I have posted on my website, I have taken hours of video in a single day... I've recorded over 3 hours in a day just to find some useable clips. I'd be curious to hear the details of Aqua-Vu's soon to be released recording system. I would think it would use some kind of flash memory similar to what the digital cameras are using these days. If that's the case, we may be limited on how much we can record over a full day on the water. Always looking for the latest and greatest, bigger and better ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.