Author Topic: aqua-vu lights  (Read 1321 times)

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
aqua-vu lights
« on: Dec 16, 2003, 06:54 PM »
I have found the aqua-vu multicolored lights to spook fish, so i have an idea.  We were fishing and a buddy of mine put a flashlight down the hole on a rod just to goof off, surprizingly he got a bite on the flashlight.  so i'm wondering if tying a waterproof flashlight up the line pointing down would stop fish from being spooked and provide enough light to turn off the lights on the camera.  Its a thought anyway, i fish for burbot and they like dark so i think direct light blinds them. I really want to watch them bite and i think that would solve the problem.  I believe it will stop the snowstorm effect. What do you think?

Wscaman

Re:aqua-vu lights
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2003, 08:39 PM »
OK Here's the Bible that I know of. I got it in a Small Tackle Shop in Kenosha, WI. "What Fish See" 1999 Colin J. Kageyama, O.D., F.C.O.V.D. This is a Optimologist from St. Louis that sold his practice in 93'then on to Portland Oregon. 12 x's fishing = 0 Stealhead in 93'. He was in search of the infamous Steelhead, frustrated he had to join the Oregon Fishing Club 94' 32 x's fishing =8 fish. Well in his book the Visible Light from 0-400 (nanometers) is UV (ultraviolet) 400=Violet across the spectrum to ~740=deep red, the > 740=Infrared. So if UV light are used in the camera system that is <400, they say it can’t be seen. The Visible light is = to the shortest wavelength that can bee seen is Violet @~400. The Multi color Lights Red ~ 640, Green ~ 520, Blue~ 470 all are the colors of our Jig's. We know they can see our Jig's of those colors;or wouldn’t we just buy White & Black Jig's

He was able to market his research to Mepps/Sheldon's in a "See Best” system. Good Luck it's a Fascinating Book.

I use the UV lights not the Multi colered light & I have never spooked the fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.