Author Topic: I think its time......  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
I think its time......
« on: Nov 09, 2015, 11:24 PM »
Heard of some ice in the uintas so sunday i think im going to venture up and see.... im hoping that there is i cant wait any longer all gear is ready and set to go. With such a short season last year it has been so hard to wait this long for ice to come back.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: I think its time......
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2015, 11:30 PM »
You're a stud. be safe and let us know how it is looking. I might take a drive up in the hills soon as well. Did you ever buy a tent?

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2015, 02:07 AM »
You're a stud. be safe and let us know how it is looking. I might take a drive up in the hills soon as well. Did you ever buy a tent?
no not yet still have my clam but been looking for a good deal on an otter.... also heading up in the morning to the uintas 11/11/15 to see if i can get on some ice if not ill fly fish the river.

Offline delement87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2015, 06:48 PM »
thats sweet! please post any info on ice or pm me please!

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2015, 07:39 AM »
well just seeing how you did and if you made it home safe

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2015, 11:35 AM »
So I did make it up it was a very windy day to for get the tent but I did.... didn't matter much the fishing was so fast I didn't even notice the weather except when I would put a fish back in the hole my hand would get a little cold. Ice varied by lake trial was 6 inches about with 3 of solid black ice and 2.5 to 3 of cloudy ice. Be aware that some snow drifts that wernt froze insulated the ice and we're soft on top but still had the black ice under. 12 degrees when I got there at 7 and a whopping 14 when I left at 2. Also some snow drifts made getting to the lake tough but main highway was plowed. Going again Sunday morning!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2015, 08:02 PM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Right on crappielover that is great news and thanks for the report. You know all of ice heads are drooling reading this thread
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Kakes-

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ugly ***** Ice Fishing
« Reply #7 on: Nov 13, 2015, 01:53 PM »
Currently drooling.

Offline zipdogfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 13, 2015, 02:08 PM »
Thanks for sharing, that is awesome!! Cant wait for ice.

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 14, 2015, 09:34 PM »
Thanks to crappielover89 for the Uinta report and the offline phone call with additional info.  The itch to get out got the best of us and we drove up to the Uintas this morning and fished Trial Lake.  Had a blast catching a ton of fish including my son's first brook trout.  Ice was just as crappielover89 indicated....about 2-3 inches of clear hard ice with another 3 inches of cloudy ice.  A few folks showed up just as we did, along with two other groups throughout the day.  Spent the day just off the dam catching most fish in 7-12 feet of water.  Great weather and awesome start to another ice fishing season.

My son landed this nice healthy 16-inch rainbow on a slow paddle bug tipped with a butter worm.

One of the tiger trout we landed.

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline zipdogfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 14, 2015, 09:42 PM »
Meanwhile I'm sitting here debating on going to the local dam and using my sonar off the public fishing dock.... great reports!

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Nov 15, 2015, 01:27 AM »
Thanks to crappielover89 for the Uinta report and the offline phone call with additional info.  The itch to get out got the best of us and we drove up to the Uintas this morning and fished Trial Lake.  Had a blast catching a ton of fish including my son's first brook trout.  Ice was just as crappielover89 indicated....about 2-3 inches of clear hard ice with another 3 inches of cloudy ice.  A few folks showed up just as we did, along with two other groups throughout the day.  Spent the day just off the dam catching most fish in 7-12 feet of water.  Great weather and awesome start to another ice fishing season

glad to see that you got on them and that the bite is still on going in the morning

Offline delement87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Nov 15, 2015, 03:11 AM »
ill be up in the morning! i hope the lakes next to trial have the same ice conditons.  theres a lake ive wanted to ice fish for years but i dont have a snow mobile. times like this are rare!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #13 on: Nov 15, 2015, 09:51 AM »
Man this post is making me depressed. I'm almost willing to risk the pain and drive up there, but my wife would kill me. Its looking like I'm only going to be able to hit places within 30-40 mins drive from my place this winter. I hope the view caps nice and solid this year for machine travel.  Keep the pics coming guys  :thumbsup: great job
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Duke307

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Nov 16, 2015, 05:22 PM »
Made it up to Mirror Lake today......weather wasn't the best but still a good day. We fished for a couple of hours and ice over 15+ had a lot more strikes/chances. Was using puddle bugs and rat finkies.
Ices was 5-6 inches of good snow covered, roads were good all the way to the lake.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.