Author Topic: Pineview tonight?  (Read 727 times)

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
Pineview tonight?
« on: Jan 23, 2015, 09:58 AM »
Pineview tonight leaving around 3pm or so anyone want to tag along? Just pm me!

Offline Jeff Torgerson

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Pineview tonight?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2015, 11:36 AM »
You just doing an evening, or staying all night?  I am planning on a very early rising, so I can get a couple hours of before daylight fishing in.  If you are just doing the evening, I would appreciate a heads up on whether I'll need to drag a plank down or not.  Thanks for the offer.  I have to go to a memorial service this evening, or I'd take you up on the offer.

Offline mtjp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2015, 07:42 PM »
I would love to try night fishing some time. I do plan on going out on monday to pineview though. Looking at getting into the crappie and perch. Let me know how it goes. This summer I fished the dead end road by eden at the north fork of the ogden in the back of the bay and caught tons of crappie. What are the odds they are still there in the winter?

Offline Jeff Torgerson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2015, 09:12 PM »
I'm no expert on crappie movement either.  When the sun comes up, they thin out.  They must go deep.  When the water warms along the edges in the spring, they move in.  If they are under me, I try to catch them!  I keep learning new tips from this site and BFT.  It's just fun on ice, because you can see them on the finder.  You are welcome anytime.  To bad you can't make it early in the morning.  I'm ready to go.  Up at 2 am and down there around 4.  Cemetery Point, if anyone is interested in losing a little sleep.

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2015, 02:34 AM »
ice was 6-8 inches and the fishing was a little slower but the sun went down and the bite came on. before the sun went down you had to work really really hard to get a bite.

Offline Jeff Torgerson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2015, 03:55 AM »
Thank you!  3 am and I'm on my way  Report later.

Offline Jeff Torgerson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2015, 03:34 PM »
Started fishing around 4:30 am Saturday morning, Pineview.  One other group out there already, but I don't think they did very well. They packed up and left just at daylight.  I started catching crappie immediately.  It was fairly constant.  As long as they were down there, I was busy.  As usual, the lighter it got, the fewer there were.  Ended up with 35 crappie.  Left around 10 am.  No action for about the last hour and a half.  No perch.  Something on the very bottom, but every time I thought "perch" it was still crappie. Most were decent size.  All filletable.  Fun trip.   

Offline Jeff Torgerson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2015, 02:51 PM »
Please note, it was pointed out that it sounded like I kept 35 crappie. I was just stating that I caught 35 crappie of decent filletable size.  Sorry for the confusion.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.