Author Topic: Burbot Bash  (Read 1934 times)

Offline spence1ca

• IceShanty Rookie
Burbot Bash
« on: Dec 29, 2014, 11:03 AM »
So a couple buddies and I are probably going to enter and make the trek over for the bash but I was just curious if any vets of the bash could share some details of how it goes? I know it starts Friday night and ends Sunday. Are there camping locations or do people sleep in their ice fishing tents? Or do they just not sleep? I must sound like a complete doofus for asking but it just wasn't something I had really thought much about before now. I had thought about the fishing part only.
Any advice would be great.

Offline RANDAL801

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Burbot Bash
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2014, 11:56 AM »
This will be my second year going but first year entering. We stayed on the ice almost all night in our shacks, then made it back to our hotel in Green River where we slept. We did see guys with trailers out by lost dog camping on the shore and also seen guys with wall tents on the ice camping and fishing. I am not really sure how the tourny goes and cant give you any input on that.
GOT ICE?

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2014, 08:13 PM »
So a couple buddies and I are probably going to enter and make the trek over for the bash but I was just curious if any vets of the bash could share some details of how it goes? I know it starts Friday night and ends Sunday. Are there camping locations or do people sleep in their ice fishing tents? Or do they just not sleep? I must sound like a complete doofus for asking but it just wasn't something I had really thought much about before now. I had thought about the fishing part only.
Any advice would be great.

yes you can stay in you trailer or on the ice all depends on how prepare you are as for staying on the ice. we stay on the ice2weeks before the bash we call it our scouting trip we do this so we can see how far the ice is down then for the bash we stay in my trailer anything else just ask and remember to all was be safe staying on the ice

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2014, 08:16 PM »
Ok spence1ca heres some answers for you and I hope they help. We are on our 5th year and have done both, staying on the ice and staying in a trailer. The event opens for registration and packet pickup (for pre-registered people) at 9am till 8pm. Fishing starts at 8pm and continues till they close the weigh station at the manilla rodeo grounds at 11am sunday morning. Depending where the ice gets to there can be lots of camping places around the lake. The most popular places are at the end of lost dog and at the end of RD. 11 at the confluence. There are more places south on the lake but like i said it just depends how far the ice gets. People do good at holmes crossing and at anvil but i doubt the ice will make it there. All places should be scoped out a bit to make sure your comfortable with hauling a trailer in there. Some of those roads can be rough. Tire chains, tow ropes and shovels are recomended highly. Rooms are available in green river, rock springs and manilla depending on where you might be fishing. More event info can be found by searching BB on google. Hope this helps you out a bit. Watch this thread for updates on where we're planning on getting together up there and the scouting trip

Get together 1-23/1-25

Also check this R&C page for the gorge and where the ice is getting to

Flaming Gorge R&C board
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Wyo82939

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2015, 03:56 PM »
Musky, how does a guy get pre-registered?

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2015, 05:14 PM »
burbotbash.com has all the info for getting registered online, check out the burbot classic also in february  for info on that PM member WYIfish. There shouold be some better info on the Wyoming tournament/derbies thread stickied to the top of their main board
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Wyo82939

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2015, 08:40 PM »
Ok, thanks a lot!!!!

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2015, 09:46 PM »
Ok, thanks a lot!!!!

You can also just register at buck board marnia the day of the bash on Friday

Offline Wyo82939

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2015, 03:53 PM »
Ok, thanks!!!!

Offline PERSONA

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 17, 2015, 05:56 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised to see this bash go down as the smallest #of lbs of ling brought in to the weigh ins! The #s are down 52% and still declining which is good and that was the point of these events! I love fresh Burbot don't mind fishing for them but the novelty has worn off on this cat!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2015, 02:58 PM »
X2 on that I made a bet that the winners for most fish this year will be under 100 fish  ;D
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.