Author Topic: Regular line or ICE line???  (Read 846 times)

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
Regular line or ICE line???
« on: Jan 05, 2013, 01:48 PM »
Is one better than the other? Getting mixed reports.... Just wandering what your guys opinio's are?

Offline FishinHank

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Eat Sleep Fish,  It does a body good
Re: Regular line or ICE line???
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2013, 01:54 PM »
I use normal fluorocarbon without any issues.

Offline gtriderr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2013, 01:58 PM »
Depends on the line but as a rule ice line will not absorb water so it wont freeze as fast especially on the spool. Also some ice lines will not have a much memory. (staying coiled and cause the lure to spin especially true when jigging) 

I like using the fly reel style on my jigging rods. I do have a couple rods set up with spin cast reels for deeper water. They are faster when reeling in your line. less chance of lure spinning in deep water as you have more line out. Most times I fish with less than 30 feet of water and fish more often in 15 to 20.

I like Northlands Bionic Ice fish line  3 - 6 pound test

Offline bighof

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • have you seen me walk on water????
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2013, 11:21 PM »
I usually use berkley sensation 4lb clear.  I have used both and dont really see any difference... as long as you buy quality mono you should be fine.  I would avoid any type of braided lines as they seem to freeze up really quick.

Hof
l

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2013, 11:27 PM »
try out the dam tectan line, its available on fishusa.com i love using it, and remember the pound its rated is what it breaks at so the 2 is really 2 not closer to 3!! i use their 2 and their 6.4 lb. other companies 6 is around the diameter of their 9lb just fyi!
Team Goldfish 55 :-D :-D
lifetime jigging goals:
gill-done; perch-done; crappie- done; bass- done; carp-done; catfish-done, splake-done; rainbow-done; brookie- done; pike- done; pickeral-done (29inch6.5lb); white fish-done;  laker-  ;cusk-  ;salmon-  ;walleye-

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2013, 08:11 AM »
I've been using the micro ice (4-6lb) the last cuople of years and it seems to be pretty good in my book. Up untill that though i always used just regular mono and it worked fine
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Fryinpan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2013, 10:55 PM »
I have used ice line the last 3 winters and I like it, it seems to work just a little better in the cold.  I always used a good quality mono before that.   :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.