Author Topic: so who won the whole thing?  (Read 9081 times)

Offline mainedukblaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE CAMP!!
so who won the whole thing?
« on: Apr 12, 2008, 09:26 AM »
so who were the winners?  Overall?  I thought a winner in each category was going to be pooled and then drawn for 1,2,3rd place? 

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: so who won the whole thing?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2008, 02:35 PM »
Don't know, we are all patiently waiting for the final results to be tallied.... :unsure: :whistle:

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2008, 10:15 PM »
haha yup we dont know yet, its killing me!!!!!!!!!

Offline mainedukblaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE CAMP!!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2008, 06:32 PM »
haha yup we dont know yet, its killing me!!!!!!!!!
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 07:22 AM »
Still waiting  ???
Blue Igloo

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 08:02 AM »
Who won ???
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 08:07 AM »
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline mainedukblaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE CAMP!!
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 08:24 PM »
guess there were no overall winners, because its been over for over a month and still no posting on who won the whole thing!

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 08:52 PM »
Here`s a list from the leaders board showing the winners of the tourney.I do`nt know if they have done the drawings for the prizes as of yet. 8)
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=66372.0

"Every hour spent fishing is NOT taken from ones life"Quote from Grant Boyson

Offline icecruiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 05:38 AM »
There were alot more fish posted after that last leader board was posted.

this is a quote from lonewolf on that

Re: Leader Board Update?
« Reply #29 on: Mar 11, 2008, 07:57 PM »    Reply with quote

The Leaders Board and Trophy Board have been updated "as of" 2-25-08.
I'll do the final weekly drawing tonight and lock down the boards bringing this seasons tourney to an end.
I still have to check all the entries for the past week which will take a few days. As soon as I have it done I will post the results in the Trophy and Leaders Boards as well as contact each member.

So the leader board is not the list of winners as more fish had been entered since then. 

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 06:45 AM »
At the very bottom of the page it say`s last edit 11 March 2008 so I do`nt know if He would have done an edit on that date or if He would do the last edit on that date. :)

Offline icecruiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 07:23 AM »
You can look at the fish posted and see that there still are fish posted that if they were counted would be on the leader board. 

I don't think he has done anything as last post by lonewolf was

Re: Lonewolf located!
« Reply #9 on: Apr 14, 2008, 10:08 PM » Reply with quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone ... sorry I'm so late. I've been working 12-16 hours a day .. 7 days a week and I've been swamped. I should be back to finalizing the tourney in the next two weeks. Thanks for your patience. 

He hasn't logged in since then.  Plus noone I know on the leader boards has been notified, so I don't think anything else has been done.

John

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 08:39 AM »
I have not been notified, am currently holding 2nd place in the Lake Trout Catagory. I sent in a possible upgrade before the tourney ended and have heard nothing. I am sure a lot of other people are in the same situation. I understand that Lone Wolf has had a lot of work and couldn't finish posting the results but he said a couple of weeks ago that he would get it in the next couple of weeks.........  We have all been waiting patiently. It would be nice to know the results.

Offline icechip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 08:58 AM »
Something is up in the hen house. Hope your home life is OK Lonewolf. In all the years I have been participating it has never taken this long. Usually less than a week. Maybe next year someone should help Lonewolf out if there is a tourney next year. ???

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 09:27 PM »
yah we would all like to know the results, trust me i do to! i have a bass entered that was over 21 as long as lonewolf regonizes it, but we cant be to hard on the guy not only does he not get paid for doing it but he also cant enter any of the fine fish he catches himself! i for one would be glad to help him out next year

Offline bucketbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • rippin lips
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 01:16 PM »
I have not been notified, am currently holding 2nd place in the Lake Trout Catagory. I sent in a possible upgrade before the tourney ended and have heard nothing. I am sure a lot of other people are in the same situation. I understand that Lone Wolf has had a lot of work and couldn't finish posting the results but he said a couple of weeks ago that he would get it in the next couple of weeks.........  We have all been waiting patiently. It would be nice to know the results.
i know when i have had to much work in my life i get help
its May and walleye season  has started again and no results
the problem is when something is for free its hard to get anyone interested to pay out
atleast he could keep in touch

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2008, 02:35 PM »
lalalala sooooooooo i think we should just say Team PA wins by default :laugh:!!

Offline FATDOG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 05:32 PM »
well....two months have gone by.....starting to lose......interest :(

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 09:40 PM »
yup this is starting to get a little rediculous

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2008, 07:07 PM »
First I would like to say that I hope that everything is OK with Lonewolf. He posted over a month ago that he was overwhelmed with a home project and would be getting the results out in the next couple of weeks. I do understand being overwhelmed with work as I run my own business and I do understand the seemingly thankless aspect of volunteer work as I do that too. I think that we all have been very patient, but enough is enough. This is my first year to participate in the IS Tourney. It was great fun and great to meet some of you in person and  to talk online. It is also very discouraging to have to wait over 2 months and still not have final results. I would think the sponsors are not too happy either and If they will be willing to be sponsors next year.

Mod's, any Suggestions or Help?

Offline rolf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2008, 09:42 PM »
I've participated in a couple iceshanty tourneys. Never won anything but had a good time fishing with some others on here. Obviously a disagreement between Lonewolf and administrator. Maybe its time for someone to be a man and swallow his pride. Make up boys and lets get on with the results. My 13 year old keeps checking regularly to see if he won anything. This definately doesn't look good for Iceshanty and I for one will not be participating in the MFF tourney, after this dissapointment ???
This used to be a fun tourney with lots of competition and lots of states and provinces giving the other a little jab now and then in fun. Now its not as much fun. Alot of the fun guys are no longer around. Sad. :-\
Team BC (Northern Division)

Offline bucketbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • rippin lips
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2008, 05:41 PM »
i was thinkin of becoming a paying member but ive had a ton of time to think about it ::)
so how you paying members taking this junk?
maybe someone with some interest should start up a new site :tipup: :tipup:

Offline mainedukblaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE CAMP!!
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2008, 06:17 PM »
i was thinkin of becoming a paying member but ive had a ton of time to think about it ::)
this is going badly.  I bet you sponsors drop out.  I am a paying member but kinda P'Oed about the tournament thing..

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2008, 06:50 PM »

ok first of all yes i agree this is out of hand about the tourney, but the tourney shouldnt influence the way you feel about the actual site iceshanty, This site is made for us to share information and also stories. It wasnt created for the tourney. The tourney is supposed to be friendly competition between us guys and gals and maybe we could through a few friendly jabs at each other here and there. I am a paying member and proud of it with or without the tourney. Without this site i would still be a novice ice fisherman due to the lack of time the season runs. But with all the info i have gained from this site i will admit for only being 18 years old when it comes to ice fishing im normally right in the top of the group. I suggest you do buy a militia membership, give something back to this wonderfull site. If the tourney is really tearing the site apart then i dont think there should be one, i mean come on guys you didnt pay a thing to enter the tourney, i have a bass that SHOULD take first place and yes it would be nice to win a jacktrap, but thats not what you guys should be focused on. i could go on for hours about this but ill stop ranting on. Just please dont base iceshanty.com on the tourney that is supposed to be for kicks and giggles

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2008, 08:25 PM »
Well put J.S. :)

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 06:04 AM »
Listen guys the tourney is free and for fun. Doug has done a flawless job running this online tourney for several years without a hitch. He donates several months of his winter and summer so we can all have some fun and maybe win a prize or two.

At times in a persons life other priorities may arise and the other things may have to take a back seat for a short time. If you have ever bought a house, remodeled it with it a dead line and hurt your back in the process... well you may understand. Give Doug some time to wrap up the serious things in life and cut him some slack.

Be assured the tourney will be eventually finalized and the leader board winners prizes and certificates will be sent out.

-Scott
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 08:27 AM »
Scott, Thank You for the explanation, I think an explanation is all any of us really wanted. The last thing that we heard was that it would be a couple of weeks. I will pray for Doug's back injury and for him to be able to finish his home project. Thanks.

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2008, 01:55 PM »
yup i think people just needed reassurence that people werent getting ripped off, thanx scott!!

Offline pyle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2008, 07:19 AM »
yup i think people just needed reassurence that people werent getting ripped off, thanx scott!!

Ripped off??? ITS FREE!!  Be lucky we get anything more than bragging rights.

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2008, 12:15 PM »
Having the privelage of harassing and putting other members through the torture test!!!!!!!!! PRICELESS!!!!!! ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.