<----BACK         HOME

What is the best flasher to use??????

Author Subject: What is the best flasher to use??????
WICK Posted At 23:18:06 12/25/2001
i have a zercome color point and i love it ive only had it since last feb. but so far i love it and have cought more fish then ever. im just wondering what you have and what you think of zercome. or whater other kind of flashers out their.
thanks WICK
LoneWolf Re: What is the best flasher to use?????? (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 06:46:54 12/26/2001

My nephew has the ColorPoint and loves it!I have the Zercom Clearwater Classic(about 10yrs old)and it's great.My friend has the Vexilar Fl-8 and he swears by it.I think it boils down to using the unit and getting used to it.Once you understand it everything falls into place!Good luck, Doug >))))>
Moe Re: What is the best flasher to use?????? (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 18:51:37 01/01/2002

Lone Wolf,
What kind of readout is on your Clearwater Classic. I may have the opportunity to bye one of a friend and was wondering what are some pros and cons to it. I have never used electronics for fishin throught the ice and was wondering too how hard it would be for me to learn how to use it. Let me know. See ya on the ice!!!!
LoneWolf Re: What is the best flasher to use?????? (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 08:04:30 01/04/2002

Hi Moe,
I haven't had to many complaints about my Clearwater. It is a liquid crystal flasher(real time response)and functions the same as the Vexilars etc. with the exception it is not a three color flasher.It is what they call a grey scale flasher.The stronger the signal the darker it will be-weaker will be grey(as weeds).Also the larger the object the larger the signal on the screen.Also a lot less noisy than true flashers.
The only problem I had was with the faceplate(screen).Some liquid got on it and distorted the face-Zercom replaced it for free.
I hope this helps! Tight Lines,
Doug >))))>
Aubrey Barker Re: What is the best flasher to use?????? (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 19:07:38 01/17/2002

I've got a ColorPoint by Zercom, and I really like it. I also have caught a lot of fish. I like the 600 watts of power and the 1/2" seperation it has. Too bad Humming Bird bought them out. Does anyone know thier web address?
Brian Re: What is the best flasher to use?????? (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 17:55:31 01/18/2002

Hey guys,

I just bought a Vexilar FL-18 pro pack for ice fihsing. I haven't used it at all yet but it came with a video of Dave Genz showing how to use it and it looks impressive. The system is a little pricey but is supposed to be the best flasher on the market

Brian
Greygrizz Re: What is the best flasher to use?????? (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 21:11:44 01/21/2002

The new Vexilar FL18 which has split screen showing the entire water column on the right side and just the bottom 6 ft on the left side of the screen is Outstanding !! The clarity is very good and being able to see your actual bait and/or fish within just a few inches of the bottom is really something. Price is around $399 for the Pro Pac unit but its a excellent flasher winter or summer. I fish 3 to 4 days a week and love this unit.
tuck Re: What is the best flasher to use?????? (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 21:58:47 01/21/2002

I think the best place to buy a VEXILAR FL-18 would be CABELAS,,,$369.00 plus shipping. I have the fl-18 and it is totaly awsome.I would recomend it to any ice fisherman.
shawn Re: What is the best flasher to use?????? (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 19:31:57 02/14/2002

Yes the vexilar fl-18 is awesome. Its just like watching tv. Cabelas is where I got mine also, shipped it fast to. Works so good my dad bought one when we got home from the first trip using mine.