The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Pikehater went Pike fishing..........  (Read 2622 times)

Offline Striper Queen

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FLAG!!!!
Re: Pikehater went Pike fishing..........
« Reply #30 on: Jan 14, 2009, 08:29 AM »
Sweet fish!!

My two fishin buddies!!

Offline bigdadde66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 14, 2009, 08:33 AM »
what a hog

Offline NateDawg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 14, 2009, 08:50 AM »
Nice fish, doubt it's over 20 though, not the length for a mid twenties fish.  It is my hope that everyone releases these hens alive, Pike in the teens or twenties are the brood fish and taking one of these hens full of eggs is extremely detrimental to the population.  If one wants a pike to eat than take one of the plentiful hammer handles and if you want a mount, take measurements, a good pic and have a reproduction made.  I've been fishing trophy pike for over 10 years now and these large hens are harder to come by because of the popularity of the sport and the "must kill attitude" of many ice fishermen. 

Offline slt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 14, 2009, 09:01 AM »
Nice fish, doubt it's over 20 though, not the length for a mid twenties fish.  It is my hope that everyone releases these hens alive, Pike in the teens or twenties are the brood fish and taking one of these hens full of eggs is extremely detrimental to the population.  If one wants a pike to eat than take one of the plentiful hammer handles and if you want a mount, take measurements, a good pic and have a reproduction made.  I've been fishing trophy pike for over 10 years now and these large hens are harder to come by because of the popularity of the sport and the "must kill attitude" of many ice fishermen. 

KILL 'EM ALL.....nasty invasive things.... twenty pounds of that will feed a couple of eagles for a WEEK. the eagles belong here.
diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Offline LeadRemovalguru

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 14, 2009, 09:43 AM »
Here we go with the pike debate... These fish are here and there is no way that we will ever get rid of them, so we might as well regulate them.. Put up slot limits and keep the trophies around.. I've said it before, give it 10 years these toothy critters will be everywhere..
Keep in mind that canada has trophy pike, lakers, and brookie all in the same waters.. I'm surprised that walleyes arent showing up yet.. :o

Offline chief10point

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Jan 14, 2009, 11:01 AM »
over 20 for sure, nice fish!  :tipup:
born to fish forced to work 

Offline keepah seekah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 14, 2009, 11:22 AM »
Here we go with the pike debate... These fish are here and there is no way that we will ever get rid of them, so we might as well regulate them.. Put up slot limits and keep the trophies around.. I've said it before, give it 10 years these toothy critters will be everywhere..
Keep in mind that canada has trophy pike, lakers, and brookie all in the same waters.. I'm surprised that walleyes arent showing up yet.. :o

i spoke with a biologist just this past saturday on magrath pond, walleyes are already here. says they net them every year in long pond in belgrade. i asked him if they were leftovers from the last population of walleyes that existed in great pond/long pond way back when, and he's 100% sure it's the doings of our favorite kind of biologist....the bucket biologist.
i am a big supporter of PETA...."People Eating Tasty Animals"

"the green hornet strikes again gustafson!!!!"

Offline jigmaster22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 14, 2009, 04:33 PM »
awesome fish gotta be over 20 lbs

Offline wickedgoodatv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 14, 2009, 04:36 PM »
Mmmm... WALLEYE!!! 

Now thats a good eatin fish right there!!!

My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked, and it's price competitive. If you like, I'll trade for one of yours.

Offline herbc69

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 14, 2009, 04:38 PM »
i know its heavier than 10 lbs ive caught 3 over 10 and thats at least 15

Offline dpcfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 14, 2009, 06:50 PM »
If you look at my picture you will notice a scale hanging from it's mouth .
I would say by the picture, the fish taken from the "Andro" surpasses my fish.
IMO

Offline THREECAR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 14, 2009, 07:04 PM »
Invasive or not, that's a great catch.  I'm not a fan of the pike "migration", but I'll tip my cap so to speak to landing a fish of that stature.

Congrats....... :)
He suggested the pike were probably placed by an angler dissatisfied with, or simply not up to, the challenges of fishing for trout or salmon.”

Offline TommyT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 14, 2009, 07:10 PM »
How is the ice on the Andro? I know there are shacks downstream from the 201 bridge, but I have not checked any other places out yet.  Would like to get after the big ones in the river sometime...

Offline LeadRemovalguru

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 14, 2009, 07:18 PM »
Darn after seeing the comparison.. I'd say its bigger than 20#..  Just jealous i guess... ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.