Author Topic: New Shack Pics  (Read 3319 times)

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
New Shack Pics
« on: Jan 10, 2009, 10:04 PM »
Hey Guys,

Last year when I put my shack out a Large pressure ridge developed preventing me from using/tending to it. I had to wait for the ridge to freeze before I could get out to it ( use a 4 wheeler, don't have a sled  :-\ ). Needless to say the shack froze in solid and the only way to get it off the ice was to cut it up and take it back in pieces.  :'(

This gave me the opportunity to build a new and improved model  ;D Heres a few pics of the process....

Remains                                                                                                  Re-stored the frame

Started New Framing                                                                                Sheathed with 1/4" Sanded Plywood

Added Trim & Painted

Still working on the interior....Will add pics soon :)

Offline BoydChurch

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Deep Creek Ice 12/27/2008
Re: NHTF's New Shack Pics
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2009, 10:30 PM »
Dude, that is some craftsmanship. Wish my house was built that good.
It's all a part o' fishin', son

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2009, 10:39 PM »
Looks like a nice "playhouse" - "err" shanty, I mean.  :)  So what's your guess on the weight?

Offline vdub

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2009, 05:56 PM »
nice shack trouty. Your roof reminds me of mine. i really hate not having a window by the door and i see you dont have one neither. Did you just trim out and paint the exterior.
Signs your about to fall in...<br /><br /><br />i\'d say when your nipple deep and your tallwhacker is in your stomach your probablly goin in<br />

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2009, 07:18 PM »
Looks like a nice "playhouse" - "err" shanty, I mean.  :)  So what's your guess on the weight?

It should go about 1000 lbs, I'm actually gonna take it it to a local weigh station, and then I'll know for sure. 

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2009, 07:24 PM »
nice shack trouty. Your roof reminds me of mine. i really hate not having a window by the door and i see you dont have one neither. Did you just trim out and paint the exterior.

Hey V Dub, The roof is 1/4" ply, with metal roofing over that. I have a big tarp on top temporarily as we've had some freezing rain/sleet out this way and didn't want things freezing up while I'm working on it.

Yes I sheathed the outside with 1/4" sanded ply and then painted and trimmed out with 3/4" by 3" pine.  The inside will be done with luan.
I actually thought about a 4th window by the door but didn't bother with it.

How's your shack been for ya?

Offline vdub

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2009, 05:44 PM »
the shack has been working out perfect, but i already have some great plans worked out for a whole new shack next year.

Im going to do a 2 axle 8x20 ft crank down.
Signs your about to fall in...<br /><br /><br />i\'d say when your nipple deep and your tallwhacker is in your stomach your probablly goin in<br />

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2009, 05:52 PM »
the shack has been working out perfect, but i already have some great plans worked out for a whole new shack next year.

Im going to do a 2 axle 8x20 ft crank down.

With your workshop... Maybe you oughta go into business :D ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.