The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: where to take my boy ice fishing around Oakland?(newbie)  (Read 362 times)

Offline mike1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hi! Just found this site, looks like a great place! I havn't been ice fishing in years(O.K. decades!) my 7 year old really wants to try it. We live in Oakland. There is alot of lakes to choose from. Ive heard Messalonskee can be good in Sidney. Any other thoughts? I don't really care what we catch, just want to try and get a few flags. Need a decent place to park and unload a snow machine. THANKS! Mike

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
Re: where to take my boy ice fishing around Oakland?(newbie)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:15 PM »
Go into Wildthing Bait shop (Charlie's Log Cabin) and he will point you in the right direction.  ;) ;) ;)  Good luck.

Offline slt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2009, 08:54 PM »
Welcome aboard Mike1. I too came back to ice fishing after a couple of decades off. That was five years ago and I don't think I'll be able to quit again.....kids love it. Good luck
diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Offline Bigmac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2009, 06:38 AM »
Togus Pond in Augusta. Easy road side access, bass, pickrel, and perch keep will keep your boy busy and engaged.

Offline Cool Blue

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Winter Time, Good times!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2009, 08:03 AM »
Theres a few places to try. Mcgraw pond, East pond, but not sure about good parking there. North Pond, I believe pine tree camp leaves the road open down to the lake. lots of parking next to the lake . I might head to my shack around noon if the wind dont pick up. :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.