Author Topic: YOAdrien Charters News  (Read 68170 times)

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
YOAdrien Charters News
« on: Jan 09, 2009, 09:02 AM »
YOAdrien Charters, news, events, updates and fishing reports.

What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: YOAdrien Charters News
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2009, 09:46 AM »
Hello everybody and welcome back for the 2010-2011 ice fishing season.
Come on ice lets FISH!!!!!!

Gift Certificates for X-Mas and Birthdays available call 603-785-6660

Fish and Stay Packages Starting at $125 per person for 1 day fishing and 2 nights lodging (min 3 people)

All the info and reservations at www.yoadriencharters.c om

I have 4 new Ice Gator attacker II units available now 11-21-10  2 leadacid and 2 lithium. They will be all ready to go with the strikemaster hand drill adaptor, all others are available too.

I am not selling arctic armor suits direct anymore as corporate structure has changed but the great part is that AJ's Bait and tackle in Meredith will be a stocking dealer and have suits on hand at all times, obviously not every size at all times but a direct order  line to the mfg if you need a diff size.

NEW FOR 2010 Season SNOW CAT!!! Ultimate Comfort and Style Heated cabin fits up to 6 passengers.

PROUD SPONSOR OF ICESHANTY.COM

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2010, 05:27 PM »
1-04-10 Fished with Ryan Thompson who lives in California and his dad Mike. We had a pretty good day. Ryan brought home 3 Crappie, 3 Whites, 3 yellows, and a nice laker for his efforts, we let a few others go and had the line snap on a BIG fish the wind blew the leader around a boot and the fish ran and snapped the leader. The big white on the left was 15" and just north of 2.5 pounds. Ryan is getting that Bad Boy mounted for his camp.

1-06-10 Fished with Don and Eric. It was a windy day but we had decent fishing. We landed 8 rainbows from 14-18 inches. Wind was pretty cold on the hands so we snapped a pic or 2 but we didn't get a pic of the bigger ones. They had some great colors on them very shiny in the sunlight.

Offline salmon stalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2010, 08:50 AM »
now that bottom pic is some fine advertising for gator and heritage right there.  :)

Nice job Adrian
The outdoors, a real mans playground!!!

Offline snohiker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just give me water hard or not and ill be happy
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2010, 11:37 PM »
hey it was very nice meeting you at the expo today  maybe well see ya on the ice sometime

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2010, 07:10 PM »
Had a nice trip today With Steve P and his friends. We got a very late start around 11 am but we had some pretty steady action for a few hours on JUMBO Yellows a couple big whites and some lake trout.
The gang brought out charcoal grills and tons of Lamb Kabobs and vodka (yup they're Russian)

Just look at those giant lamb kabobs, man i am still stuffed hours later.

Those are some Hog Yellows! More on the ground bottom right. The guy lying in the tub may have had a little too much Vodka!!

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Sunset on Merrymeeting Lake 3/18/09
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2010, 07:40 PM »
That's the way to ice fish, Lamb kabobs & Vodka.. :thumbsup:
Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2010, 04:10 PM »
Fished with Bruce, Steve and Wayne today on winni. We had a very nice day on the ice it really warmed up around 10 and was hot. We landed 10 whities, 9 lakers, a rainbow, a bass and a cusk. The biggest laker was a great 23.5 inch fatty at 4.5 pounds it had 7 white perch in its belly and 9 smelt!!!!!! The 18 in cusk had a 7in smbass in its belly. The whities were BIG today.

Offline LOLDave

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2010, 06:50 PM »
Hey there buddy, How much Ice, Did I mention that is one mean looking machine? Glad to see your out there doing what you do best "Fishing" Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2010, 08:17 PM »
Fished with 4 great guys today on winni. It was a gift certificate from son to father to get the trip going. we had beautiful weather and even better fishing. The tally was 15 Lakers with one 25+in. hog and a salmon. We had Many more on the jigs that got off before the crew got a real feel for the jig stix and then they really started hitting them hard! Everybody got fish on the jigs and the tip-up.

Here's a pic of the Big Boy

Here's a video of the Big Boy

A quick video of a jigged laker

I recieved this after arriving home, this is what makes the work all worth it to me.
Adrien,

Thanks for a tremendous day of hard water fishing . . . I have had the opportunity to enjoy the lakes region for over 48 years. When I was a youngster my father taught me what he knew about ice fishing, we caught a couple over the years. I have spent the past 20 years with my son and nephews getting out on the ice and trying our best to catch fish, again, we caught a couple over the years, so the trend continued and we accepted this as the yield for ice fishing.

Our experience with you on Saturday 16 January 2010 landing 15 lake trout, 1 over 26 inches and the finale with a large salmon that we could see through the black ice as it came to the hole for release before breaking the water line was amazing. . .

Your knowledge, equipment, mentoring, demeanor, and focus for customer satisfaction and fun has energized my son and nephews to deploy your tactics and strategies for catching fish. They are now well equipped for the next generation.

Thanks again for the day and we will see you after ice out for your spring salmon fishing . . .

The Waite's

Offline LOLDave

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2010, 09:47 PM »
Gotta love it when customers are happy like that, brings good word of mouth. but we all know how much you love what you do, Great job as usual keep up the good work. Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 17, 2010, 06:27 PM »
Hit the lake for the morning with Andrew. Wed had a great morning with a mixed bag of fish. The target was perch and had a couple set for bows. Caught lots of Jumbo yellows and some BIG whites, also picked up an 18 in rainbow at noon.  Some on tip-ups and a lot jigging. Northland Forage Minnow Jigs tipped with smelt pieces was the bait. We must have caught 50 6in. perch and nothing between 6 and 12in. and a bunch of jumbos, it was wierd. Andrew had never caught a white before, let alone a 2.25 pounder on a micro light 41 feet down, he is hooked!!! This was also his first ice rainbow so it was a great day for him all around.

The nice noontime Bow

Offline seahunter121

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2010, 09:25 PM »
Yo Adrien

Myself and 2 friends are heading up to Winni. for the derby next Thursday.  Are you booked on Friday?  I would like to fish with you for the day (Friday).

John.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 24, 2010, 05:31 PM »
sorry for the slow reply, been busy with the fish and i am booked every day from now through the derby.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2010, 06:06 PM »
Fished with Travis and Kevin from Conn. We had a great day on the ice. We landed 15 Lakers and 3 white perch and a couple dozen baby yellows that were annoying but kept us busy.

We got 13 of the lakers on tip ups and 2 lakers jigging. Both on Perch colored bucktails with a smelt on them for bait in 38 fow.

Travis with a nice one.

Kevin with his Jig Fish

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 24, 2010, 06:07 PM »
Fished with Steve P and the Mrs. from Maine today. We had a really nice day to be on the lake. Lakers were on a tea time bite today all coming in groups of 2 or 3 at a time with big lulls in between. We iced 13 Lakers and Steve had the big one of the day at 25.5 inches and it was our only jig fish, they wouldn't even look at the jigs today and all of a sudden one flew in and slammed steves jig it was on a 32" med-light eagle claw rod with 8 lb test and a little bucktail in perch color with a smelt on it, he had some power and used it. It was a great healthy, thick, blocky head, fatty.

Steves BAD BOY!!!

And the Mrs with a nice 23" chunk.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 28, 2010, 05:45 PM »
Tuesday fished some new areas i always wanted to try and it was alright we landed 11 lake trout and 1 salmon. All fish within 2 feet of bottom on smelt. No jigging done. The ice was super slick and back to almost clear black in most places, easy goin but slippery. Pictures are stuck on a camera phone

Wednesday i had Kieth and his 2 boys 8 and 10 from jersey out for some fishing. We headed out late and left early, it was enough for the boys who ice skated the whole time out there. We landed 7 lakers and had fun.

JJ - Keith - Max

Thursday it was nice out there except the snow that piled up about 1.5 inches was wet and melted when it hit you and made your clothes a little wet. The early bite was terrible probably because of the almost full moon, no clouds and clear black ice. But we picked up a couple early and then the bite really turned on at 9:45 until noon to get us up to 11 lakers a rainbow and a cusk. The rainbow was caught 32 feet down on a big airplane bucktail and sucker meat it was the last thing we expected to see but it was a 19" beauty. We had a lot of short strikes on the jigs plus we had 3 or 4 come unhooked while reaching for them in the hole, so we had a lot of action for sure just dropped a couple at the hole.

The great rainbow

The lake should be awesome this weekend i think that little bit of wet snow will freeze down and make for super easy walking and going with sleds and wheelers.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 31, 2010, 04:09 PM »

Friday we fished!! Probably not the brightest idea but we did. It was a blizzard out there we landed 7 lakers and finally called it a day when the traps started blowing out of the holes and flying down the lake. This is the 1 laker we did keep he freeze dried in about 4 minutes.

Derby Saturday we iced a bunch of whites and a bunch of yellows and a bunch of lakers and we let them all go. Looking at the saturday results i think we might have blown it because we had whites and yellows in the board size but judging by past years they wouldn't have made it, oh well will never know my scale said 2.18 on a couple of whites and 1.25 on a couple yellows, way out in the past years. We had fun and caught fish that was what counts anyways. Once again the Snow Cat proved invaluable for keeping everyone mobile and warm it was flat out nasty sat morning with piercing wind. No Pictures, all were released.

Derby Sunday we went for Rainbows and landed 8 and kept 6 and 2 made it on the board but got bumped out late on sunday just about 2.25 pounds i forgot exact weight but very close. Here's the gang with their 6 bows.

Offline JoeG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 31, 2010, 06:42 PM »
Nice bows

Offline 6wheels

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 31, 2010, 07:35 PM »
Nice fish. But . . . er . . . that snow cat looks an awful lot like an argo 8 wheel Atv. 

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 31, 2010, 08:01 PM »
Nice fish. But . . . er . . . that snow cat looks an awful lot like an argo 8 wheel Atv. 

Call it what you will but anything with 2, 20 foot long tracks and skid steering is a snow cat to me.

Offline 6wheels

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 31, 2010, 09:11 PM »
Fair enough. Great machines though.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Feb 06, 2010, 05:10 PM »
Fished wednesday and the fishing was annoying, this after the full moon thing always ticks me off on winni. The fish just wouldn't bite until 1 pm but when they did eat we got 6 lakers pretty quick and they were gone, saved the trip.

Thursday i had to cancel my trip because i was in the hospital with something, needed a couple IV bags and got me back going, friday i was way too weak to go as well and had to cancel again.

Saturday morning i felt better and went through with the trip. The moon has finally wained enough to get the lakers back to almost normal again and they started to feed at about 9 this morning and continued steady until we quit around 1, we landed 12 lakers and an 18" smallmouth and 1 white perch. The bite should pick up for lakers by 8 tomorrow morning, die about noon and pick up about 2 again. Getting them best about 40-50 feet deep.

Best 2 fish today were 24 inchers followed by a 20 and 19 and a bunch of 17-18's

Steve from wednesday with a 19 incher, he and Bob combined for half a dozen trout.

Taking a couple days off and back at it come tuesday, good luck tomorrow, don't move your lake trout flags until 9:30 tomorrow morning if you're not getting bites, wait until after 9:30 if you're going to move, there should be action by then, IF you are on fish.

Offline red saltbox

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Feb 07, 2010, 12:42 PM »
Glad your feeling better, IV bags are better than puking in your underware in a plane coming home from vacation like you did a few years back!!

C.C.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Feb 07, 2010, 07:34 PM »
Thanks for reminding me, hey there's something caught in your Mustache, probably old sucker meat?

Offline whiteperchassasin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Feb 09, 2010, 04:30 PM »
Hope your feeling better Yo! Maybe that new member of your family is wearing you down...LOL

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Feb 09, 2010, 07:51 PM »
Took Steve and Sharon on a rainbow trip today and we had a nice day on the lake, pretty windy but the sun finally warmed us up.

We landed 7 rainbows between 15 and 17.5 inches along with a couple yellow perch and a pickerel. Bite was best early and slowed mid day, a lot of hit and run in the mid day we just couldn't hook up with.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Feb 12, 2010, 07:01 PM »
Had a decent day on the ice today. We had 8 flags, landed 6 lake trout, kept 2 and had only 1 bite jigging and he came off. It was very slow, and i couldn't get a fish to commit to any jig besides that one. We had lake trout toy with our jigs for 30-40 minutes and wouldn't bite. Normally 90% of the fish that come to the jig hit within seconds but not today. Most fish caught in the first couple hours. Go early tomorrow.

I was surprised to see this happen today, no matter how hard i pattern these trout they can throw a curveball off the backstop every now and then, everything was almost perfect, i expected to see 20+ trout today, the trout had other ideas, make notes and adjust in the future.

On the plus side, these guys are funny and i had a good time fishin with them, and only 1 of them puked all over the ice, must have been seasick?

Mac John Ben Chris

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Feb 19, 2010, 06:36 PM »
Fished with dale and the boys from the cape on 2-14-10
we landed 11 smallmouth bass 12 lakers a salmon and a couple white perch, it was windy as heck but the fishing was hot.
1 of 11 great smallmouth caught jigging and tip-ups. Best jig was a berkely gulp minnow on a lead head.

3 fish the boys kept all the rest were released

Yesterday 2-18-10 Sam Jacob and Dad had a great morning with 11 lakers and a couple big whities
they called it a day around noon, mission accomplished.

Today 2-19-10, Dave and his buddies had quite a mixed bag of fish. They landed 7 lakers 2 big cusk a jumbo yellow and 5 FAT Whities plus a couple small yellows. steady action all day was nice to have. A few on jigs including the 3.5 and 4.5 pound cusk back to back by Dave on a perch colored bucktail in the rocks. The big one was 27 inches long he was all curled up in the pictures but he was a long one. Can you believe that HOG Yellow.

Offline draz

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP THOSE LINES TIGHT
« Reply #29 on: Feb 19, 2010, 08:12 PM »
Yoadrien

What a great day we had. You said you put us on the fish and boy did you. You also played one of the greatest ice fishing jokes on me so far in all my ice fishing years. Still laughing about it right now.

If anyone is looking for a great charter you will not be disappointed in YOADRIEN. Great service, advice, price and fishing!!
We will see you next year for some Bow fishing.

Thanks again for a great day!!

Dave (draz), Larry, Ron (bobbybass), and Chris

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.