The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: IceGator Question  (Read 540 times)

Offline Maineiac Jim

• IceShanty Rookie
IceGator Question
« on: Jan 09, 2009, 07:50 AM »
I just received my new IceGator and hope to try it out this weekend. The owner's manual says nothing about how to transport it. I wonder if it is OK to carry it lying down, and therefore with the batteries lying on their sides. Do I need to make some kind of a base to keep it upright and remove the auger for transporting it? I'm worried about the batteries leaking, although they seem to be saeled.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: IceGator Question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2009, 08:02 AM »
Many different views on this  but I must say I transport it lying down  when out on the ice  I strap it down on the sled   when I charge it as the batteries are upright now I put it in a 6 gal bucket batteries up
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline Maineiac Jim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2009, 08:24 PM »
Many different views on this  but I must say I transport it lying down  when out on the ice  I strap it down on the sled   when I charge it as the batteries are upright now I put it in a 6 gal bucket batteries up

Thank you hazmmt. I was worried about having to keep it upright while I was jigging in the last hole drilled, too. Guess that I'll just lay it on the ice.

Offline mainedukblaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE CAMP!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2009, 08:26 PM »
Thank you hazmmt. I was worried about having to keep it upright while I was jigging in the last hole drilled, too. Guess that I'll just lay it on the ice.
after you last hole, drill another but don't punch all the way through, and then shut the auger off and leave it proped in the hole..  just remember when you are leaving finish drilling the hole so it can freeze in..

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:44 AM »
Those are sealed batteries so it sould be alright. E-mail Greg at the company and let us know. I charge mine laying down.
Steve

Offline kimball07

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • race,fish,and hunt
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:00 PM »
after you last hole, drill another but don't punch all the way through, and then shut the auger off and leave it proped in the hole..  just remember when you are leaving finish drilling the hole so it can freeze in..
thats how mine was when my buddy booties t-boned it on highland a few years back.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.