The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Sebec lake  (Read 1040 times)

Offline Koda

• IceShanty Rookie
Sebec lake
« on: Jan 09, 2009, 06:33 AM »
I asked this question last year and I am going to ask it again.  I need to catch a cusk out of Sebec Lake this year.  I have to do it to prove a point to my buddies.  They say that there isn't any cusk in Sebec.  I say there has to be and I will catch one to prove it.  Has anyone here caught cusk from Sebec and where on the Lake did you do it?  If it is a secret spot then PM me.  I only want to catch one and I promise not to fish there again after I catch one.   Anyone???????

Offline Corso

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Sebec lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2009, 06:40 AM »
I wouldnt waste my time to prove this point...traveling all the way to Sebec to target Cusk? that just "aint" right!

Offline Koda

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2009, 06:45 AM »
I will be there for a week on my regular yearly fishing expidition so while there I might as well as stay up all night and fish.  Get the most out of my fishing license.

Offline Corso

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2009, 06:49 AM »
I couldnt keep them off my brook trout sets at E Grand last year...personally I think theyre a nuisance...but I caught them off a sandy point...near the bottom in about 4-6 feet of water...turns out they LOVE shrimp lmao

Offline Koda

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2009, 06:52 AM »
I can catch them on East Grand all day with no problem.  I need them out of Sebec.  They have to be there and they spawn this time of year so they should be pretty concentrated.  I need that SPOT. >:(

Offline Koda

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2009, 04:38 PM »
Bump for the night crowd

Offline herbc69

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2009, 04:43 PM »
i fished sebec with a local when i went to orono and never heard anything about cusk

Offline rude the dude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike, ruining the state of Me., one pond at a time
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2009, 05:31 PM »

I need that SPOT. >:(
Why don't you spend a little time and energy and FIND IT YOURSELF. This isn't the state welfare line where everything is handed to you on a demand. 8)
How they biten

Offline robbfishing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2009, 05:37 PM »
Why don't you spend a little time and energy and FIND IT YOURSELF. This isn't the state welfare line where everything is handed to you on a demand. 8)
:pinch: :roflmao:

Offline Koda

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2009, 06:10 AM »

FUNNY!

However I have spent about 25 days on this body of water in the past 4-5 years. I will get a cusk one of these times ::)

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2009, 06:31 AM »
FUNNY!

However I have spent about 25 days on this body of water in the past 4-5 years. I will get a cusk one of these times ::)

Whatever you say dude...

Offline Wolley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2009, 06:47 AM »
Sebec is a huge lake, you might want to try and get some local intell from some people in milo. People who actually fish the lake on a regular basis.  :)

Offline Keptafew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:02 PM »
I fish Sebec all the time, actually its home 8 to 9 months out of the year. I have never caught a cusk from there though I have been told they exist.... If they do exist, they are not plentiful because I fish the bottom often.
A man should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.