Author Topic: ATV Rubber Tracks  (Read 1060 times)

asphalt dave

ATV Rubber Tracks
« on: Feb 10, 2004, 11:10 AM »
I've researched these track set-ups for quads, but can not find anyone that actually owns this set-up. How about it, anyone out there have a quad with the Cat Track or Matt-Track on it. How do'es it work on slushing lakes with snow. Any pros or cons to it. I'm tired of getting stuck on lakes with 4" of slush with 12 to 18" of snow on top of that. These Quads with the track system are supposed to go about anywhere. Just don't want to spend $3000.00 or more for the setup, without talking with someone who has them.
Thanks, Dave

Offline Out4Trout

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Waiting for the Annual trip up North
Re: ATV Rubber Tracks
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2004, 01:40 PM »
My brother has a set on his Honda 4 wheeler. I tried it out just going out thru the woods and it seemed to have all kinds of traction but it is very slow. If you have very far to travel and you are with some other guys on sleds - you'd arive about a half an hour after them.

Offline Higgsy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: ATV Rubber Tracks
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2004, 02:04 PM »
I have looked at them as well. If I buy a set I think I would buy a set from AD Bovine in Quebec. From what I have read in the magazine test they seem to be lighter and steer better. But it would be nice to try them before you fork out that kind of money. Royal Distributing also carries a track kit called TJD Cat track it's $3600 Canadian. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.