Author Topic: Ebay queastion  (Read 1313 times)

raleigh

Ebay queastion
« on: Feb 08, 2004, 01:15 PM »
There is a few power augers on ebay i was looking at. But i have never used ebay before. My only queastion is who pays for the shiping. the person selling the auger or the person byeing the auger. Because if it is the person byeing the auger, you mine as well go and bye a new power auger.

fishguts.

Re: Ebay queastion
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2004, 01:58 PM »
almost always its the buyer unless stated free shipping in the add.

Offline PERCH_INC.

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • THROW THE LITTLE ONES BACK
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2004, 10:22 PM »
 All the ebay sellers have on their the action pages who pay what and how !! Good Luck, you can spend too must on ebay I know!! :'(
MONSTER PERCH RULE ! !  

Offline Fish Monger

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Maine
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2004, 03:59 PM »
Most of the time the buyer pays all the shipping costs.

Offline 2 dogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2004, 06:47 PM »
Generally the buyer pays unless otherwise noted but you really have to watch what you buy. For example, my Granddaughter is now in first grade and wants to go ice fishing with me and my bud who also has a GD the same age so I needed three more Beaverdam tip ups. Can get them new here at Fleet Farm for $23 but thought I would get some good used ones just for her to use and get her started with her own stuff. Cheapest I found in a week of looking was $24 each plus shipping for used and $33 plus shipping for new. At any rate she had fun going to Fleet and getting the tip ups, line and such and setting up her tip ups that she will have long after I am setting on a 5 gallon bucket up in the sky someplace. :-\
Good thing about prisons- they reduce the potential number of fisherman on the ice!

GEEMAN

« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2004, 08:39 AM »
2 dogs or anyone interested ,

A bit off topic here but if you can find some old Beaver Dams like at a garage sale, auction  or somthing you can send in the old spindle assemblies to Beaver Dam and exchange them for brand new ones if you want. I've done that a few times in the past with old Beaver Dams I've picked up for a few bucks at G - sales etc. Cost of a new spindle assembly is about $6 I think ?
Thier phone # and address is on the box.

I believe the # is ( 414 ) 885 - 3118. It's an old box I have though and the area code may have changed to ( 920 )

Anyhow , it's a great way to set yourself up with some excelent tip ups for about half the cost of new ones.

Offline 2 dogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2004, 04:12 PM »
Thanks Geeman   that was my very idea.  I just sent in my 3 oldest Beaver Dams and had them rebuilt. It only took a week and cost about $8 each including the postage. The new area code is 920 and the guy was very nice and interested to know how long (25years) I had used them and so forth. Was very happy with the service and the price and they work like new. :)
Good thing about prisons- they reduce the potential number of fisherman on the ice!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.