The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Who havn't you met but would like to fish with?  (Read 5051 times)

Offline slt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Who havn't you met but would like to fish with?
« on: Dec 23, 2008, 07:57 PM »
Just curious. It is often posted on here that people want to meet other members.Who's post's have you read, someone you haven't met, that made you say " I'd like to fish with them" and why.
  I can come up with a couple, our fearless leader Scotty comes to mind. I'll make it to Crappieville some time. bee also strikes me as being a glass half full kind of guy.  Hazzy and Pegasus are also good for informative, humerus and generally entertaining posts.  Who do the rest of you want to meet?

diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Offline jrelaxin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • justrelaxin
Re: Who havn't you met but would like to fish with?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2008, 08:49 PM »
fished with many and love to fish with the rest......from lost umbrella's to leading a caravan into someone's yard at 4 in the morning lost only to bet met by a hostile wife in her robe after a wrong turn..always an adventure......... :tipup:

bass fishing with smeltslayer might be interesting...... :woot:
Donuts !!!!!       

Dave

Offline Joser06

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2008, 10:39 PM »
I would definitely like to fish with the boys up north.Also smeltslayer, he helped me out a lot last year and gave me advice to catch fish in new lakes.

Offline pennreels

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2008, 10:47 PM »
Its hard to say..most guys on here can all teach me something..but I would love to share a shack with the Swedish Ladish Ice Fishing Team.  I heard they have alot of knowledge.

Offline dusty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • bite me !!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2008, 10:56 PM »
i live and fish on lake champlain in essex county new yor. i actually live in willsboro ny. i fish willsboro bay because of the state boat launch makes it easy to get out on the ice for me. i am disabled but not dead, well yet that i know of. i try guys.. i have a small shanty, use to use a 10 x10 but turned it into a chicken coup. was to heavey for me to pull around. anyone wanting to hook up this winter to fish please feel free to contact me here or at my email address, [email protected]. really would love to meet a few nice guys or lady's to fish with... merry christmas to all and may you all have thick ice...

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2008, 05:28 AM »
well its almost impossible to keep track of at this point!! i have fished with many of you and met many more but i will share my ice with any of you !! One member that has been a friend for years but it has not worked out for us to get on the ice yet is Gamefisher. Its well overdue and we will get it done this year!SLT we live much to close to each other to have not fished together yet!! great thread!

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2008, 05:55 AM »
I've met or fished with a lot of shanty members, and hope to add to the list this year. Everyone does it different, some a little, some a lot. I just try to learn from the ones catchin most the fish, they gotta be doing something right.  ;D

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2008, 06:07 AM »
One member that has been a friend for years but it has not worked out for us to get on the ice yet is Gamefisher.
Ditto on that Scotty and hopefully we can scratch this one off both our list on the 18th ;)
then to add to mine,
Loves to fish
Smeltsalyer
And anyone else on this site!!! The list is too long!!!!
I've been on here since 04 and watched this site grow leaps and bounds. Made some true friends on here that I would have never met and hope to make more!!! Until i see you on the ice Tight Lines everyone!!!
Merry Christmas and Happy New year!!!

Offline SALMON SLAYER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2008, 06:09 AM »
well its almost impossible to keep track of at this point!! i have fished with many of you and met many more but i will share my ice with any of you !! One member that has been a friend for years but it has not worked out for us to get on the ice yet is Gamefisher. Its well overdue and we will get it done this year!SLT we live much to close to each other to have not fished together yet!! great thread!
I have fished many times with gamefisher, he is a great guy and awsome fisherman, open water or hard water, he would bring alot to the table and I guarantee you will bring home fish and alot of stories to share here on IS   ;) :tipup:

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 24, 2008, 06:35 AM »
   Neat thread indeed SLT, time for me to spill my guts too I guess. ;D  The guy I have the ultimate overall respect for on this site is the same as the rest of you, Billditrite.  Team Maine wouldn't be 1/10th of what it is without his leadership.  When I was building my camp, Scott was there to answer every question I had.  He also made sure it was finished correctly. ;)
   Scott, Fshnfool, and Bonehead are the ones I've most enjoyed watching "up their game" with info. shared on this site.  Glad to see some of the gamefish snobbery wearing off guys! :roflmao:  It will always stick in my mind how Fool ushered my young daughter through a huge group of adults to collect her check for a brown trout at the Belgrade derby, 5 min. after I had met him and Scott for the first time. :clap:
   The guys whose abilities I most respect are - Backwater, FLAG, Buddah, OLBLUU, and Smeltslayer.  I could add L.T.F. but I've known about Dennis' lore for years ;D  These guys flat out know how to catch fish!
   Finally, Out4trout has to be one of the nicest guys on here.  We chat a lot but have never fished together.  He was so encouraging on my camp project.  I sure hope to rectify this situation with all the guys I've listed this winter. :tipup:

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL 8)

Offline BoneHead

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 24, 2008, 06:47 AM »
Lets see,
Dave & Dave show
Billditrite
Flag
Gamefisher
Windwalker
Loves to Fish
buddah
Fishalot & Chief
Salmon 44
Grandlaker
SLT
Fishnfool
Bluefin4me & Mike
MG39
Bee
Hazzy
smeltslayer
jacksmelt
backwater
threecar
JDK
jp
fishfry
cdc,.........just to name a few

Never argue with an idiot, he will just bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Offline burndoubt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 24, 2008, 06:48 AM »
I am new to the site, but I know Lefty, and I fished with Linguini a couple of weeks ago. I hope to meet more of you this year. I fished the Horne pond derby solo last year, so I'll see you there.

Offline sst4life

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Peace, Love and Happiness only on Shanty
« Reply #12 on: Dec 24, 2008, 06:53 AM »
My name is mud  ;D

Offline tbtool

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing- what i live and die for
« Reply #13 on: Dec 24, 2008, 06:54 AM »
Ive fished with a dozen or so members and have met many of the IS guys and Gals.  I can honestly say that there is only one person that i wouldnt fish with.  Everyone is always helpfull and is usually willing to trade secrets.  Since i have run the derby i have been able to meet a lot of people, most of them volunteer to help.  Thanks for everything all the IS members have done.  

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 24, 2008, 07:01 AM »
Great thread slt.... :tipup:

Every time I've met a new shanty member on, or OFF the ice....it's like seeing an old friend again. (Except Bluefin  :-* )   Having read so many posts and looking at pics they've posted of them, their friends and families....we really DO get to know each other, sometimes long before we ever get the chance to hit the ice together.

Of those I haven't had the pleasure of actually fishing with yet........Out4Trout, smeltslayer, rude and LTF...(THAT'S gonna a fun day  ;D ), tb and macdaddy, tcfish....just to name a few.  

Oh....I would say Slammer too, but the chances of him getting on the ice are about as good as Sebago freezing by opening day!!... ::)

gamefisher.....that was a great day in Belgrade to see Katie place in that category.....both for her AND for dad....Kudo's buddy!!....and while I'm at it, I should pass some appreciation for your constant poundings a couple years ago for my trash fish tendencies.....I've learned tons from you and look forward to learning more.....although I'll probably never stop fishing the full moon  ;D  .....Happy Holidays to you and yours!!

Tis the season all.......Be safe...on and OFF the ice!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Dec 24, 2008, 07:03 AM »
Kevin Vandam ;D ??? but he may be to wimpy to ice fish. ;D :D ;D :D

As far as the people on this site it would be my pleasure to fish with any one of you.
                  Never seen so many good people on one site.

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #16 on: Dec 24, 2008, 07:14 AM »
i would like to fish with Scott (ICESHANTY) first, but any team maine member, or any iceshanty member. we've got a great bunch here.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline Corso

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 24, 2008, 07:22 AM »
Paris Hilton!  :o

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18 on: Dec 24, 2008, 07:27 AM »
Paris Hilton!  :o

I think I would have to stick a (perch) in her mouth to keep her quite. :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Dec 24, 2008, 07:27 AM »
i would like to fish with Scott (ICESHANTY)  

I'll even buy the bait for that one pooley  ;)   Come on February!!!!   :thumbsup:

Bring on the whitefish and walleye....ok....blueg ills too  ::)
:icefish:

Offline lindenborn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Dec 24, 2008, 08:19 AM »
fished with many and love to fish with the rest......from lost umbrella's to leading a caravan into someone's yard at 4 in the morning lost only to bet met by a hostile wife in her robe after a wrong turn..always an adventure......... :tipup:

bass fishing with smeltslayer might be interesting...... :woot:

How bout losing your keys in the snow at Norway!!

Offline livinbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Dec 24, 2008, 08:22 AM »
I still havnt fished the hard water with slt had some good shark fishing tho and yes the tail slap hurt :laugh:You should come out this weekend and get some reel fish ;D

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Dec 24, 2008, 08:27 AM »

walleye....ok....blueg ills too  ::)
:icefish:

:sick: Oh crap, looks like we'll be starting back at square one :wacko: ;D

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Dec 24, 2008, 08:29 AM »
ive been on here about 5yrs. now. fished w/ some of you. want to fish(or at least meet) the rest of you. biengas far north from everybodys been a challange but ive managed a few outing w/ some of you. great people on here! never met a bad person on the 'shanty yet! a few w/ strong opinions but everyones been repectfull of other members. ive learned much on here in 5 yrs. and hopefully was able to return the favor . great thread and great site! hope to see everyone out there! tight lines!

Offline tigershark44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 24, 2008, 10:31 AM »
I'd like to get out onto Pleasant with Lindenborn.  I fish it quite a bit and it would be fun to go with someone else. :tipup:

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Dec 24, 2008, 10:41 AM »
Chezmoose!!! But that will change in January in Alpena!!! :)

Offline lv2huntandfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Dec 24, 2008, 10:49 AM »
I would just tlike to get out on the ice with a few of you. Would really like to fish with Flag he has given me some good info on mff.

Offline Fish Monger

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Maine
« Reply #27 on: Dec 24, 2008, 11:15 AM »
Since it's for people I have not met yet, I'll go with Buddah.
I'd love to pick his brain on the ice fishing Sebago    ;D

Offline pfd168

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Living the Dream !
« Reply #28 on: Dec 24, 2008, 11:22 AM »
I have fished with a few people on here, and I met most of you last year at the banquet. I would be honored to fish with ANYONE on here because we all have the same love of fishing!!!

Offline lindenborn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Dec 24, 2008, 11:51 AM »
I'd like to get out onto Pleasant with Lindenborn.  I fish it quite a bit and it would be fun to go with someone else. :tipup:

Check your PM's
Lindy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.