Author Topic: Women on The Ice ??  (Read 4699 times)

Offline Chuckles

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Women on The Ice ??
« on: Jan 29, 2004, 09:36 AM »
The sport of icefishing has come a long way over the last few years. Just wondered how the "Guys" felt about
"Gals" and icefishing. I met three gals with portable shanty, power auger, and fishfinder last year. They really enjoyed the sport. And yes, "Gals" you're welcome to respond on "How well you like the sport of Icefishing."

fishguts.

Re:Women on The Ice ??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2004, 09:37 AM »
just were do you fish???????? ;D ;D

Offline Fish Monger

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Maine
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2004, 10:05 AM »
My wife will go out with me a few times during the season. She's not an avid fisherwoman, but she enjoys it time to time. She will be going this Friday night with me to fish for smelt.

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2004, 10:16 AM »
Andrew... If your wife new about other women on the Ice she would be more than an AVID fisherman!!!!! she would be attached to your side!!!! :) :) :)

Offline Fish Monger

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Maine
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2004, 10:22 AM »
Ya ya ya, you just keep your mouth shut about other women on the ice or I can kiss the Sebago Derby goodby!!!

Offline woodyjdh

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!-Certified!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2004, 10:23 AM »
My wife has never stepped foot on the ice until 2 years ago.  She was deathly afraid of it!  So I drove us out, with the windows down...mainly so she could hear the ice cracking...yeah I'm rotten! ;D Anyhow, once we got to the fish house, she was fine.  My mom likes to ice fish, but her and dad don't get out anymore because of the cold.  As far as women out there... I say bring'em out!  Beleive it or not, many of them can out belch and out fart many men!   ;D And when the fishing is slow..who knows what could happen.  :'(
Where there's a Woody, there's a way!
I don't suffer from insanity-I enjoy every minute of it!

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2004, 11:17 AM »
couldn't have said it better :) ;D ;D ;D it would make life so much better if they enjoyed as much as we do!!!!!!!!

grumpymoe

« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2004, 11:20 AM »
out belch and out fart???? sounds like they need their own shanty.. ;D ;D

Fishinfreak

« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2004, 11:24 AM »
My wife has never stepped foot on the ice until 2 years ago.  She was deathly afraid of it!  So I drove us out, with the windows down...mainly so she could hear the ice cracking...yeah I'm rotten! ;D Anyhow, once we got to the fish house, she was fine.  My mom likes to ice fish, but her and dad don't get out anymore because of the cold.  As far as women out there... I say bring'em out!  Beleive it or not, many of them can out belch and out fart many men!   ;D And when the fishing is slow..who knows what could happen.  :'(
Now i know why i was born in Oct. ;)

Offline howey1176

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2004, 11:30 AM »
I havn't encountered one yet, but I know they do exist, thanks to this site :). They are about as rare as seeing a polar bear in the desert :). My significant other has finally agreed to come out and TRY it with me. But she thinks I will get upset with her because of all of the wining she will do because of the cold.

Come to think of it, maybe she SHOULD stay home ;D ;D ;D.

I think it's really cool that she at least agreed to try it though :).

Offline dogfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walk softly and carry a big gaff
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 2004, 02:57 PM »
My wife makes many trips out on the ice with me and the dogs.  The only diff is she wants someplace a little more private to go the bathroom.  Thus the portable shanty go's when she gos (or where she go's ;))  She put a 41 inch Tiger Musky on the ice 2 years ago on a tipup set for trout with only a 6 lb test leader.  She done good :D
When the going gets weird the weird turn pro.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #11 on: Jan 29, 2004, 04:02 PM »
kinda put a whole new twist on "what to do when the fishing is slow

fishmann

« Reply #12 on: Jan 29, 2004, 04:14 PM »
I had a woman on the ice once. Her butt and my knees both froze.   ;D  :o

Seriously, I'd like to see more women out there. I can't see any reason they can't do as good or better than the men can if they put their mind to it. Fishing is all a mental game, mens' potential strength advantage might only be factor if you were trying to winch in Moby Dick with a hand line.

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 29, 2004, 04:22 PM »
I wish I could convinced my girl to go but she finds it boring. But I'm supposed to get excited over shopping yea right! Anyway don't see too many women fishing and wish there were more. Maybe we have to bargain with them maybe agree to go to the mall or something lol.  ;D

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline alaskanman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice fishing rules!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 29, 2004, 04:22 PM »
lots of woman on the ice every weekend around here.  including some hard core pro's! lol  my wife's pretty good to go fish as long as it isn't too cold out.

stripergirl

« Reply #15 on: Jan 29, 2004, 04:31 PM »
I've been fishing with my SO for  a number of years...we have a GREAT time.  more women should try it...oh   we don't even need a shanty.

Offline smeltshack

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You tell em im coming and my vex is coming with me
« Reply #16 on: Jan 29, 2004, 04:38 PM »
My wife actually said she would try it this weekend, and i thought she was joking. I said your not going!  (because she normallly wont) and then she said fine im not going anymore   ooooops i should have realized she was serious about going.  Anyway to make a short story long she has decided not to go fishing but stay home and scrapbook like she normally does while i go out and fish.
Oh well, she is real proud when i do bring her home some tasty fishies.

missfishylicious

« Reply #17 on: Jan 29, 2004, 04:49 PM »
I think I actually like ice fishing more than my husband does he plays with the dog lays in the shanty eats drinks and checks the tip ups over and over .all i do is jig jig jig and move jig jig jig and move I don't even like to stop for lunch  ;D

Offline Out4Trout

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Waiting for the Annual trip up North
« Reply #18 on: Jan 29, 2004, 04:51 PM »
Quote from my wife: "What?! No bathroom?!"

missfishylicious

« Reply #19 on: Feb 04, 2004, 11:38 AM »
I've been fishing with my SO for  a number of years...we have a GREAT time.  more women should try it...oh   we don't even need a shanty.

you must leave behind some pretty interesting snow angles  ;)

Offline slabcrab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Women on The Ice ??
« Reply #20 on: Feb 04, 2004, 04:11 PM »
My wife will not let me go out without her.  I learned this while dating her so I married her!  Dont get much better than that! :) ;)

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #21 on: Feb 04, 2004, 05:00 PM »
my wife comes out a couple times a year but she doesnt fish she just hangs out with me and the kids.these are usually the days we eat the best ;D what a cook ;)

mooseslayer

« Reply #22 on: Feb 05, 2004, 11:26 PM »
ATTENDED A PIKE DERBY IN SOUTHERN MAINE. WAS -20  THAT DAY AND MY GIRLFRIEND WAS OUT IN IT ALL DAY WITH ME. SHE EVEN TOLERATED JIGGING OUTSIDE WITH NO SHELTER IN 20 MPH WINDS!! WHAT A WOMAN!!! NEED MORE OF HER AROUND TO SHOW THE OTHERS. ALWAYS SEEM TO EAT BETTER WHEN SHES AROUND.

captaincrappie

« Reply #23 on: Feb 06, 2004, 08:36 AM »
Wife won't do the Ice Fishing thing since her father fell in once with me.  If I ever ask anymore she thinks I'm trying to get rid of her!!  What a sad deal.  But we do a lot of fishing in the spring and summer together.  We have flip on who helps our daughter fish.  Last summer when we all went I don't even think I got to drop a line in the water but as long as the two ladies in my life will go fishing.  I'll just sit there and watch them fish.  Its a pretty good time.!!! :D :D ;D ;D  Only bad thing is During summer I can't wait till Ice Fishing so I know I can do some fishing

Offline wisicefishinnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #24 on: Feb 06, 2004, 08:56 PM »
My girlfriend goes ou w/ me every once and while whe it gets nice out 20 or so above.  She likes it out there.  She especially likes the snowmobile ride w/ 2 people on a 1 person sled. lol

Mudbug

« Reply #25 on: Feb 06, 2004, 09:44 PM »
i take my girlfrient ice fishink cause my vife don't fish.

Offline Turkeyhunter10ga

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #26 on: Feb 07, 2004, 01:03 AM »
my wife won't go ice fishing , it's too cold out for her blood/taste , she just stays at home and knits/ crochets afghans, she lays it on her lap the bigger it gets and keeps her warm while working on it. She especially didn't like it when we went looking for the shanty i bought a few years back , her remark was " for $400.00 that thing better at least come with a couch"  , just had to LMAO at that.

Offline genz_man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Just 1 more crappie!!!
« Reply #27 on: Feb 07, 2004, 04:12 AM »
My wife would rather be warm and cozy by the fireplace. She just isn't interested. My kids are not either ??? They play around with warm water fishing though. I would rather be cold,hungry and tired with a shanty full "O" crappie and perch ;D ;D ;D

31King

« Reply #28 on: Feb 07, 2004, 09:14 AM »
   ARE YOU KIDDING,
 My wife thinks it is cold in the                     house with the heat set on 72!!! I chase flags alone or with my son and we like it that way!!!!!!

31 king

Offline 2 dogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #29 on: Feb 07, 2004, 10:17 AM »
We have a rule on the ice.The only women allowed are the ones on the 1978 playboy calender in the ice tent! The 3 of us have been married collectively for over 100 years and deserve some time to do manly stuff likke eat bratts, drink beer, pet our dogs, belch and make odious sounds without our wives there to kick out butts about it. Besides that, my dogs do not like my wife so why screw up their weekly fishing trip too? >:(
Good thing about prisons- they reduce the potential number of fisherman on the ice!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.