The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: What about the Ice Gator?  (Read 10094 times)

Offline ringo

• IceShanty Rookie
What about the Ice Gator?
« on: Dec 05, 2008, 07:07 PM »
Does anyone have a (Electric) Ice Gator Auger? Just wondering how it performs and how much they cost?

Offline brokenline

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • old nuf to know better, young nuff to do it twice!
Re: What about the Ice Gator?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2008, 07:11 PM »
from what i hear they are the best auger drive out there. if i had the money id take one over a jiffy.

Offline swirusek

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2008, 07:15 PM »
I got one 1 month ago but didnt have chance to use it yet - no ice here
No preformance test yet but you can check prices on their website
Fish307 has them too

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2008, 07:20 PM »
I got mine last year puts more holes in than ya wanna fish in a day. The reverse is great i don't know why i still carry a spoon. Have never had it let me down. Unlike the gas one i had that wouldn't start!!!

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2008, 10:36 AM »
Hey Ringo since when are you serious about ice fishing,last time I met you at Chaumont you had a hangover and was sleeping in your shanty.You might as well start buying all your stuff now so when you retire next year you will have plenty of time to use it, ;D

Offline ringo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2008, 05:14 PM »
Hey Bob: Say all you want about my Ice Fishing. Next year I'll have all the time to relax on the hard water while your working. Maybe I'll even take your wife along with me since she can ice fish better than the both of us. Hope they have some info at the Ice Show about those Icegators.

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2008, 07:19 PM »
Hey Bill Deb says anytime  ;D

Offline ICE DOG 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2008, 09:20 PM »
I bought one last year and HIGHLY RECOMMEND it.  It is straight up AWSOME....  Excellent service, knowledgable staff (Ice fisherman)....I get nothing for saying this stuff.  It just is a great auger, Period.  If you have any questions I will be glad to share what experiences I have with the auger..... :tipup:

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2008, 04:29 AM »
I bought one last year and HIGHLY RECOMMEND it.  It is straight up AWSOME....  Excellent service, knowledgable staff (Ice fisherman)....I get nothing for saying this stuff.  It just is a great auger, Period.  If you have any questions I will be glad to share what experiences I have with the auger..... :tipup:

That's great to hear. Another good reason to consider one, (Like I am), is so that you can use a power auger where they don't allow gas augers 'cause ther's no gas to spill in the drinking water. Even the batteries are gell so if you and the auger go through the batteries won't pose as severe a problem as a full tank of auger fuel, and you can re-charge in your car on the way to where you're going. Yea... ;D

Only hope the folks in charge see it that way too. Maybe the Ice-Gator folks could be a help there in a brochure or something. Or even some of their own testing to prove the non-poluting status of them. Thanks for sharing your experiences with it.
All folks follow Chainsaws first law of diminishing enthusiasm, "Ya just hafta want to do some things more than others."

Offline ICEROGUE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I have been on top of the world, and theres no ice
« Reply #9 on: Dec 08, 2008, 02:58 PM »
I have bought so much new gear already this season I dont think I could afford one even If I wanted, hopefully next year the price will come down a bit. for such a simple operating system I dont see where they could be going for $389, and thats just the head!!!!

Offline gruntngrin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 09, 2008, 08:07 PM »
One of the two best pieces of gear I have.

Offline deebsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 09, 2008, 08:27 PM »
Man o man I sw one in action today and I'm hooked will buy one as soon as I can sell the gas one or next year ::)
;

Offline ICEROGUE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 10, 2008, 11:01 AM »
Man o man I sw one in action today and I'm hooked will buy one as soon as I can sell the gas one or next year ::)
you mean the one dan had out on loon, ya it kinda makes your mouth water a little bit

Offline deebsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 10, 2008, 11:28 AM »
you mean the one dan had out on loon, ya it kinda makes your mouth water a little bit

Yeah
;

Offline ICEROGUE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 10, 2008, 11:35 AM »
Yeah
ya he kept on saying that I could try it but I knew if I did I would be swiping my my card on another piece of gear I cant afford

Offline deebsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 10, 2008, 12:20 PM »
ya he kept on saying that I could try it but I knew if I did I would be swiping my my card on another piece of gear I cant afford

Tell me about it....I just keep dreaming
;

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 11, 2008, 09:05 AM »
I saw one in action Tuesday. If I can sell my Jiffy 30 my wife might let me get one. They are sweet.

Offline LargeFry

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 11, 2008, 09:09 PM »
What size are you guys using? I've been wanting to upgrade to a power head and I have an 8" nils hand auger at the moment. Can these things handle a day with 8"?

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #18 on: Dec 11, 2008, 09:15 PM »
What size are you guys using? I've been wanting to upgrade to a power head and I have an 8" nils hand auger at the moment. Can these things handle a day with 8"?

Absolutely the Competitor and the Attacker are made to use with an 8"bit

Offline swirusek

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Dec 11, 2008, 09:28 PM »
If you want to see one in action i will be on lake Adirondacks from 25th for 10 days

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Dec 12, 2008, 10:11 PM »
I ordered my IceGator yesterday. They are on a 2-week back-order. Should have it by Christmas.
jbird68

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Dec 12, 2008, 10:40 PM »
After using my bros I know you will love it jbird.  The problem with me owning it is the fact I have a kid graduating this spring hopefully and have to finish up the honey do list as best I can before that can happen.  I guess though the days my bro isnt fishing I could just keep stealing his to use. lol
<br />

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Dec 22, 2008, 06:34 PM »

That's great to hear. Another good reason to consider one, (Like I am), is so that you can use a power auger where they don't allow gas augers 'cause ther's no gas to spill in the drinking water. Even the batteries are gell so if you and the auger go through the batteries won't pose as severe a problem as a full tank of auger fuel, and you can re-charge in your car on the way to where you're going. Yea... ;D

Only hope the folks in charge see it that way too. Maybe the Ice-Gator folks could be a help there in a brochure or something. Or even some of their own testing to prove the non-poluting status of them. Thanks for sharing your experiences with it.
I bought one of the first run gators and itis quite a piece of equipment. It was comparable in price to a gas one but lots of plus with the gator.I havent heard anyone have a negative reply on them. My charger was bad from the git go and I had a new charger in the mail that week.You cannot kill the batteries in a days fishing even after drilling holes just to drill holes.I find myself drilling holes for other guys who want to know how it orks. One thing though I see on this thread is Chainsaw says it can be charged in your car.I didnt know they had a car charger out or I would have one. The chargers are all 110 volt I saw. As for being expensive, like anything, you get what you pay for and once you have one will ask yourself why would I EVER use a gas one again??

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Dec 23, 2008, 04:19 PM »
I am still waiting for mine to arrive. I was hoping to have it by Christmas. But I might be wishing too hard. Maybe by the week after Christmas. I just can't wait to try it out.
jbird68

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 01, 2009, 03:45 PM »
Still no Gator in my possesion. I thought for sure It would be here by now.
jbird68

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #25 on: Jan 01, 2009, 03:48 PM »
give them a call! has it been shipped yet? did you get a tracking number? the customer service is great , I would just call and inquire  ;)

Offline grizzwald660

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 02, 2009, 10:28 AM »
just got mine. ordered on the 16th. oooohhhhyyyyaaa!!!

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Jan 02, 2009, 11:51 AM »
I called and talked to sales rep. He was going to check and see where it was in production and then call me back. I ordered mine on the 11th and he seemed to think it should be in shipping now.
jbird68

Offline scunningham63

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 02, 2009, 03:25 PM »
I ordered mine on Dec. 6Th and received it on Dec 27Th. I tried it yesterday and loved it. I went thru 8 to 10 inches of ice very quickly. Less than 10 seconds. I didn't have a stop watch but I would start counting in my head and would usually get to 6 or 7. I ordered the 8" and used a Nils auger. I was very impressed from the first hole.

Scott

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Jan 02, 2009, 05:35 PM »
I got home and it wasn't there. I was hoping to have it for tomorrow. I am going to use an HT Arctic Express 7" auger with mine. I never heard back from the sales guy today either. Now watch it'll come tomorrow while I am on the ice.  :'(

Got an email tonight. It is supposed to ship on Tuesday Jan 6th.
jbird68

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.