Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: new iowa ice shanty members  (Read 16787 times)

Offline rellison8

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: new iowa ice shanty members
« Reply #30 on: Nov 13, 2008, 04:14 PM »
Will Pollmiller be any good this year?????

My guess is yes.   Always is!   

I am out on it almost daily all winter long and usually have all the fish I can stand.

Keep in touch and we'll hook up some time.  Like I said I am out almost every day once the ice is ready.  Tough to find a lot of iceheads this far south. ;)

Offline gotcrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Nov 13, 2008, 09:48 PM »
Maryville, MO here, yes we do get some ice!  I'm more of a lurker on this site, but I enjoy reading the Iowa posts.  Last year was my rookie year.  My parents live in Waukee, IA, so I hit Badger Creek alot.  I also went to 3 mile, Lake Icaria, Prarie Rose, and Arrowhead.

Offline Frank Boling

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Nov 14, 2008, 08:57 AM »
I guess I'M the oddball on here because I'M in one of the more southern states (Oklahoma) but I like to keep up on all the reports during ice season.I drive through IA on the way to MN,I ice fish up in the Arrowhead region.Me being an Ag Met I have clients up through many of the upper midwest states,so come winter I hit the road for some in person client visits and also try and get in some winter sports....BTW we lived in Fargo Nd for two years,so i guess part of me still longs to be up north....Going to try and get some ice time on Clear lake also this winter on the drive through.

Offline mike_skoges

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Nov 14, 2008, 12:22 PM »
Hey guys,

I am new to the Iowa forum as well. I am originally from Montana and just moved here the very very end of last ice season. I am looking forward to getting to know some of the hot spots over here. I am in Cedar Rapids area so any pointers you guys have let me know. I knew all the spots in Montana but this is foreign ground for me. I will try and keep everyone updated on the hot spots as I find them :) Have a good season! It is coming fast!

Offline cubby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Nov 14, 2008, 04:25 PM »
Maryville, MO here, yes we do get some ice!  I'm more of a lurker on this site, but I enjoy reading the Iowa posts.  Last year was my rookie year.  My parents live in Waukee, IA, so I hit Badger Creek alot.  I also went to 3 mile, Lake Icaria, Prarie Rose, and Arrowhead.

I live in Waukee as well and hit Badger quite frequently.....not a bad lake-decent gills, crappies aren't great.  Fished Three Mile twice last year and did fairly well on the panfish but ths size was nothing great. 

Offline walleyes4*u

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Home of the Free !!!!!!!!
« Reply #35 on: Nov 14, 2008, 07:39 PM »
Hey guys,

I am new to the Iowa forum as well. I am originally from Montana and just moved here the very very end of last ice season. I am looking forward to getting to know some of the hot spots over here. I am in Cedar Rapids area so any pointers you guys have let me know. I knew all the spots in Montana but this is foreign ground for me. I will try and keep everyone updated on the hot spots as I find them :) Have a good season! It is coming fast!

If you want to fish up this way, shoot me a PM  8)

Offline ChaseA

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Nov 15, 2008, 07:47 AM »
    From Marble Rock, going to school in Cedar Falls.

Offline c.r.rick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing and hunting ducks and bucks
« Reply #37 on: Nov 15, 2008, 11:43 AM »
hey all you new guys.  Newton, Ia checking in here.  formally from cedar rapids now reside in newton.  got my own farm pond i fish and i fish rock creek, and jacob krumm alot. 
early to bed early to rise fish like h.e.l.l. and think up lies.

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Nov 15, 2008, 12:11 PM »
Z & T & Cy J Ya'll ought to know its really called Lake Oldbear!!

Offline matt_hill_61

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Nov 15, 2008, 05:40 PM »
I'm not new but I'm from Eagle Grove in North Central  Iowa and I normally fish Brushy and occasionally Briggs Woods and Lake Cornelia or Morse Lake.

Offline ZEKE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Nov 15, 2008, 08:28 PM »
All of those are good lakes
Lake Cornelia can be a good perch/Walleye bite if you hit it right last year was a little disappointing.
Brushy was good
Never fished Morse

Offline matt_hill_61

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Nov 15, 2008, 10:58 PM »
I would say Brushy is the best that I usually fish at.  You can be successful without electronics and there is always a good spot open since the lake is so large.  Last year people were actually driving farther than I have seen in recent years.  I hope I can get some larger bluegill this year at Brushy.  Last year I got a whole bunch of bluegills but if I got big ones I wouldn't have to keep so many to make a good meal.

Offline chubking

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Nov 16, 2008, 08:03 PM »
Chubking here from Hawkeye,NEIA better known as ICE JOHN on all other sites.I too will fish with anyone any place in Iowa or where ever.Just ask me. :tipup:
TEAM ICEHEAD

Offline Frank Boling

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Nov 17, 2008, 11:06 AM »
Brushy sounds like a lake worth trying,I love to fish for bluegills...Does anybody have any info on silver lake in Worth CO.?

Offline frostyicecold

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Nov 17, 2008, 04:17 PM »
 Adel here.  I fish Badger Creek a lot also.   Last season fished Lost Lake, Aquahbi, Hooper, Big creek and some farm ponds.

Hope to expand out some more this year if the ice lasts. 

Offline crappieangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Nov 17, 2008, 07:12 PM »
Ankeny for now, but possibly DM/Knoxville area in a few months.  Big Creek I guess could be called my home lake, but I like to go to Lake Z, T, Cy J, OldBear (whatever it's called??) for the most part.  Have hit a few other spots, but want to hit Clear, Brushy, IGL's a little more this year, and maybe Minnetonka where a friend lives this year if gas stays like it is.  This will be my third season on hard water and I CAN'T WAIT!!!  I'm praying for first weekend of Dec or that second week for first safe ice (3in).  Hope to meet a few of you out there this year.

Offline ZEKE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Nov 17, 2008, 07:45 PM »
Lets not confuse the crowd with all these names it would be Hickory Grove. But since we have hit it hard this year there are no fish left. ;)

Offline cdt80

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Nov 19, 2008, 03:35 PM »
Hey all.  Just found this forum.   I belong to a couple of other ice fishing forums and have to say I really enjoy this one.  I  live near Algona Iowa and am a diehard ice fishing fanatic.  I have my own farm pond stocked with large and smallmouth bass, a few walleyes, bluegill and catfish.  I fish it quite a bit but it's kind of like having a pool table in your basement.  Eventually you get tired of playing in the basement so you head to the bar to play pool.  I like the variety of fishing elsewhere so I've ice fished a lot of Iowa except I have never been on the IGL's.  Quite a few in Mn and my favorite would have to be in North Dakota at Devil's Lake.  It's a place where you can accidentally hook a great fish (walleye and pike) while fishing for jumbo perch.  Sometime I would like to get over to the IGL's but there are so many different bays it has confused me to this point.  Well that's my story, look forward to reading some great reports this season and hope to meet some of you on the ice.

Offline IowaNate

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Nov 19, 2008, 04:55 PM »
  Cedar Rapids here...usually fishing Pleasant Creek, Cedar River backwaters, and sometimes Lake Macbride.

Offline Perkeyone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Nov 19, 2008, 06:57 PM »
Greenfield Ia. here Just fired up the gas auger tonight!!!!!!!!!! Might just get the shack out this weekend in the drive way but nothing suprises my neighbors anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #50 on: Nov 19, 2008, 08:31 PM »
good to see some more Iowa guys climbing on board

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline jmvsmv

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Nov 19, 2008, 11:02 PM »
I am from Estherville here, but 99% of my fishing is done on the IGLs.  Last year was my first ice fishing, and only been back fishing steadily the last 2 years, on soft water, but i am obsessed with it, as my wife would say.  Seriously got the itch to be on the ice right now.

Offline HuskerPike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Nov 20, 2008, 12:38 PM »
good to see some more Iowa guys climbing on board

Hey Mike, good to see you on the forum. Had to come join you Iowa guys to see how it's done.  ;D

Brent

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #53 on: Nov 20, 2008, 08:35 PM »
Hey Mike, good to see you on the forum. Had to come join you Iowa guys to see how it's done.  ;D

Brent

same to you buddy. we need to hook up on the ice this year.

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline HuskerPike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Nov 21, 2008, 07:20 PM »
same to you buddy. we need to hook up on the ice this year.

We certainly do Mike. I got some vacation saved up. Let me know when you plan on going up to Boji. Sure would be nice to fish with you again.

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #55 on: Nov 21, 2008, 09:55 PM »
Hey Husker ...you got a story to go along with the avatar pike??  I've caught my biggest ones at night up there...
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline lebruce

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #56 on: Nov 25, 2008, 10:01 AM »
Well I'm all ready to go this season just need the ice now.Still live in C.R,Iowa.Been away from the site here for awhile now and having troubles giving up the artifact hunting this season.

Offline HuskerPike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Nov 25, 2008, 12:47 PM »
Hey Husker ...you got a story to go along with the avatar pike??  I've caught my biggest ones at night up there...

I got the avatar off of this site, too lazy to put my own on yet.  ;D

Biggest one for me came off of West Boji in Aug 2006, 37 inches. She's still swimming.

Offline tsmith17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Nov 25, 2008, 03:39 PM »
Hey everyone. My name is Tyler and I live on the south shore of clear lake, iowa, just west of state beach.

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #59 on: Nov 25, 2008, 03:53 PM »
I've had luck on a smaller lake around there...seems to be the best night fishing of all those lakes...did a couple 38's and a 35 in the same night.  Lost a hefty eye at the hole ...I want to find more smaller lakes to hit this winter...as much as I like the idea of 4-wheeling across the bigger ones...I like having fewer choices sometimes...LOL....
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.