Author Topic: Icegator Launches New Website !  (Read 8075 times)

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Icegator Launches New Website !
« on: Oct 01, 2008, 05:04 AM »
              Icegator has a new website . I like the new look . well done guys and thanks for your continued support of Iceshanty.com!

www.Icegator.com

Offline sbfPA_Mike

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Icegator Launches New Website !
« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2008, 06:01 AM »
Scotty, did you see the new 12v model you can hook to any 12v battery? by taking the batteries out and putting a 12v hook up box and cables for battery, you lose over 10#'s. This Model is designed for the permanent shack, but obviously can be used in all situations. Without having similar electric augers to compare, I would imagine the Icegater is superior in cutting speed.
Anyway, I have seen the new site and the color and graphics really pop. :o I can't wait to wrap my hands around the icegater again and rip through some ice. The speed and efficiency is unparalleled.

Mike
I don't like it here, so I will probably be here for a while.........
 @ www.iceshanty.com  @ www.myfishfinder.com
 @ www.myhuntingforum.com[/si

Offline Xpressman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 01, 2008, 07:03 AM »
Posts like this make me crazy.  Just when I thought I had my mind made up! 

Those new gators look pretty nice!

Offline ALASKANSS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIFFY TIME!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 01, 2008, 08:30 AM »
very intresting

Offline WANNABFISHIN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 01, 2008, 09:34 AM »
I've asked this before but has anyone tried a 10" auger on one.  I know the company says to only use an 8" but was wondering if
it would work on a 10" auger.

Offline benson78

• IceShanty Rookie
  • never surrender
« Reply #5 on: Oct 01, 2008, 09:53 AM »
My lovely wife just ordered me one for our anniversary, the thing that I see from site to site is that they went a little more conservative as far as how many holes you can drill on a single charge and raised the price 30 bucks.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Oct 01, 2008, 10:02 AM »
I've asked this before but has anyone tried a 10" auger on one.  I know the company says to only use an 8" but was wondering if
it would work on a 10" auger.
prob would do it  but mine is still on warranty and I want it for years   so haven't tried!  and wont try If I need a biggger hole I can always drill 2 or three together
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline TonyTheIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 01, 2008, 03:01 PM »
My lovely wife just ordered me one for our anniversary, the thing that I see from site to site is that they went a little more conservative as far as how many holes you can drill on a single charge and raised the price 30 bucks.
They did one other thing, they changed the gearing so that the auger rotates at 285 RPM instead of 420 RPM.  This would lessen the strain on the motor and gearbox.  The larger the hole diameter the more torque required.  The number of holes drilled would be less because the amount of ice removed is proportional to the square of the diameter.  An 8 inch hole would require 69% more ice to be removed than from a six inch hole.  By the way, keep your lovely wife for ordering the auger. 
Regards,
Tony

Offline benson78

• IceShanty Rookie
  • never surrender
« Reply #8 on: Oct 02, 2008, 04:26 PM »
Thanks for the info Tony I appreciate it, I knew there was a reason why just didn't see anything. Yeah I will keep her around for a while as long as she contributes to my habit I mean hobby.

Offline benson78

• IceShanty Rookie
  • never surrender
« Reply #9 on: Oct 13, 2008, 08:35 PM »
I got my icegator the other day, got it all put together now just waiting for cold weather to get here!

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Oct 14, 2008, 05:54 AM »
They did one other thing, they changed the gearing so that the auger rotates at 285 RPM instead of 420 RPM.  This would lessen the strain on the motor and gearbox.  The larger the hole diameter the more torque required.  The number of holes drilled would be less because the amount of ice removed is proportional to the square of the diameter.  An 8 inch hole would require 69% more ice to be removed than from a six inch hole.  By the way, keep your lovely wife for ordering the auger. 
Regards,
Tony

ouch    too     much   info     soooo    early in the morning for my head!    My thoughts      push button drill goes round and round   makes hole in ice fast    lol....... :clap: :clap: :clap: :icefish: :tipup:

Offline jimski2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Nov 20, 2008, 06:51 AM »
Why would anyone want to put a 10 inch hole on the ice? A 10 pound walleye will pass up through a 6 inch hole. A 10 inch hole is a hazard to walkers and will ruin someones day with a hotfoot or a broken leg.
You can not take too many perch, unless you can not clean them, give them to your friends and neighbors to clean and cook. The more perch you take, the faster and bigger the rest  will grow. The walleyes and bass will survive from fry to fingerlings.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Nov 20, 2008, 06:54 AM »
Big lakers!   Oh   make this post in the general topic section   much better response there than on an advertisers thread

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.